N.J. Dog Crowned World's Ugliest

Feb 20, 2006
**** Island
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8PUBUIO1&show_article=1

N.J. Dog Crowned World's Ugliest

Jun 23 02:34 AM US/Eastern

PETALUMA, Calif. (AP) - Elwood, a 2-year-old Chinese Crested and Chihuahua mix, was crowned the world's ugliest dog Friday, a distinction that delighted the New Jersey mutt's owners.

Elwood, dark colored and hairless—save for a mohawk-like puff of white fur on his head—is often referred to as "Yoda," or "ET," for his resemblance to those famous science fiction characters.

"I think he's the cutest thing that ever lived," said Elwood's owner, Karen Quigley, a resident of Sewell, New Jersey.

Quigley brought Elwood out to compete for the second year at the annual ugly dog contest at the Marin-Sonoma County Fair. Elwood placed second last year.

Most of the competing canines were also Chinese Crested, a breed that features a mohawk, bug eyes and a long, wagging tongue.

Quigley said she rescued Elwood two years ago. "The breeder was going to euthanize him because she thought he was too ugly to sell," said Quigley.

"So ha ha, now Elwood's all over the Internet and people love him and adore him."

Beyond the regal title of ugliest dog, Elwood also earned a $1,000 reward for his owner.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press.

highfive

I like you. Do you like me?
Aug 10, 2004
NYC
Makes me proud to say I was raised in that fine state. Maybe this will be the thing that makes everyone stop talling about the power plants on the turnpike.

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Jul 27, 2006
jersey
this contest is dumb. every time the fucking dog looks exactly the same. ok we get it. this breed is ugly. lets move on.

DeltaPin

Donator
Feb 17, 2005
NJ
Wasn't he in Gremlins?

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Makes me proud to say I was raised in that fine state. Maybe this will be the thing that makes everyone stop talling about the power plants on the turnpike.
Don't forget the chemical plants and the refineries. :)

May 24, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I saw a chinese crested the other day. They basically look like hairless chihuahuas with a funky mohawk like that lil' fella. This one was pretty friendly.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
Something about that dog makes me think it was raised under the high-tension wires. It looks like its tongue is growing out the side of its face.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
see Aero, you do live in a fucking useless state

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
keep that dog away from ESD and some Jif.