OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Naked Man Arrested In Iowa City, Says He Was Forced To Handle A Nuclear Bomb

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by stevethrower, Mar 20, 2012.

1. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

Link

2. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

Lightweight.

3. Stig

Stig Wackbag's New Favorite Heel

No shit. That's hardly even drunk. It's sure not "Running Around Naked" drunk.

4. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

For me, .11 is singing-karaoke drunk. I'm not carrying-a-nuclear-bomb-naked drunk until I'm well up in the .2's.

5. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

There's the chance that he didn't get to the jail until hours after his last drink, allowing his blood alcohol level to drop. In rural areas like where I live, just the drive to jail can take hours... then again I'm assuming Iowa City has a jail.

BAC only drops .015 per hour, so even if it was 2 hours before he got processes his BAC wouldn't have been obnoxiously high.

6. Motor Head

Motor Head HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL

They made him carry a nuclear bomb? Did the 4 unknown assailants stink of thermite paint??

Get Kirk.

7. soundgodtony

soundgodtony Registered User

you need to be drunk to run around naked??????

8. Jon the Cop

Jon the Cop Registered User

Shit, I'm .13 on my way too the party. of course, when i get drunk and naked I make sure my wife drives me around to do it. Safety first when your party naked!

9. Stig

Stig Wackbag's New Favorite Heel

.11 is "I Will Destroy You At Darts" drunk for me.

10. Buster H

Buster H Alt-F4
    Wackbag Staff

honest question..... when you guys were first given those handheld breathalyzers, how often did they come out at parties with your colleagues? How long until it became the hack thing to do where now you guys make fun of the rookie that mentioned grabbing it at a party.

11. Jon the Cop

LOL. I don't think it's ever seen as hack. I've seen it done at a few parties for a goof. What many don't realize is those handhelds aren't made to go from person to person over and over. Also, you're supposed to wait at least 15-20 minutes after someone last drank alcohol or else it spikes the reading with residual mouth alcohol. The RMA also damages handheld units.

And now you know.

12. Buster H

Buster H Alt-F4
    Wackbag Staff

yeah, always figured it was for goof purposes. I know the RMA could affect the results. didn't realize it also damages the units.

13. Jon the Cop

Ive heard some newer ones are better at guarding against it, but in the end the datamaster or intoxilizer back at the PD is the more true reading.

14. Buster H

Buster H Alt-F4
    Wackbag Staff

oh without a doubt. I assume that's why they are not admissible in court. I had one read pretty high on me (like 3X the limit) and the nice officer asked me when i last had a sip of beer, when I told him 5 minutes, he waited a bit longer before running it again. Much lower, but still above the limit. He gave me a ride home. Lucky night for me!!!!

15. Jon the Cop

Yeah, I remember some kids had an off brand one at the bar one night and they were all like "mines higher than yours dude! You drink like girl". I burst their bubble and informed them "Your's is higher cause you still have half an ounce of vodka in your mouth from that shot 30 seconds ago." We actually had some fun with it. Had them all stop for 10 minutes (was like pulling teeth) then rinse and drink a big glass of water. Their readings were all substantially lower. I told them they all drink like girls before I left. LOL Silly frat boys.