Name the best thing that happened to you today

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
The fuk?!
I'm 50 and been going as long as I can remember, never had any of that stupid shit happen. Worst was a 12ga shell miss fire and go off as the chamber was racked. To be fair the gun was very loose from years of bashing beaver in the head.
You're clearly not getting nearly drunk enough to hunt properly.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
I went squirrel hunting once when I was about 13. The trip consisted of walking through the yard towards the woods with my father and step brother. Approximately 15 feet from the driveway I stepped on a board and managed to run a nail through the bottom of my foot. I tossed the shotgun as I was falling down and limped back into the house. It was at that point that I decided to stick to grocery stores.

5skin

I went squirrel hunting once when I was about 13. The trip consisted of walking through the yard towards the woods with my father and step brother. Approximately 15 feet from the driveway I stepped on a board and managed to run a nail through the bottom of my foot. I tossed the shotgun as I was falling down and limped back into the house. It was at that point that I decided to stick to grocery stores.
That's not hunting, not with a shotgun.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
THE MOST DANGEROUS GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
How awesome would it have been if after they wrapped on the Brando/Kilmer Island of Doctor Moreau, they pivoted the same cast, complete with all the animal people and that weird progeria kid, and they made a The Most Dangerous Game remake, but with the addition of Coolio as the hunted man?

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
How awesome would it have been if after they wrapped on the Brando/Kilmer Island of Doctor Moreau, they pivoted the same cast, complete with all the animal people and that weird progeria kid, and they made a The Most Dangerous Game remake, but with the addition of Coolio as the hunted man?
I'll have what he's smoking please...

DiggerNick

Donator
Had a blow-out on the way home from work today and had to change the tyre on the side of the road in the sweltering heat.

It fucking sucked but I feel very butch right now.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Had a blow-out on the way home from work today and had to change the tyre on the side of the road in the sweltering heat.

It fucking sucked but I feel very butch right now.
At least you didn’t have to call 911

ysr50

Donator
Post-finals stress reduction with my son...
Is that an AR pistol? We can only get a nuetered bolt action version here now which makes it way less effective than many handguns. Why are you shooting indoors? There has to be nice outdoor ranges where you live, I live in LA and am lucky enough to have an outdoor range with everything from a rimfire range, pistol range and 600 yd rifle range 10 minutes away. Arizona is supposed to be free America and you shoot inside?

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Is that an AR pistol? We can only get a nuetered bolt action version here now which makes it way less effective than many handguns. Why are you shooting indoors? There has to be nice outdoor ranges where you live, I live in LA and am lucky enough to have an outdoor range with everything from a rimfire range, pistol range and 600 yd rifle range 10 minutes away. Arizona is supposed to be free America and you shoot inside?
I have an AR-15 pistol, but that is just a S&W MP15-22 for plinking fun. This range is 1 mile from the house, the next closest are 20 miles away. Although lot's of rules at this range, the outdoor ones have just as many, plus you have to have your own target stands, can only reset your targets when the entire range is shut down, etc. - not worth the effort when I just want to blow off some ammo and get some muscle memory live fire pistol practice in.

30 years ago you could drive 10 miles and shoot in the desert and ride mini bikes - now, by the time you get 1 mile away from any civilization - you've driven 30 miles, and you're still on restricted land or indian reservations for the most part. Any place that is legal to shoot at is inundated with hundreds of other range-starved people. When I lived in Safford, a very rural area - it was still as you dream of - drive a few miles and find 100's of places to shoot. The county range wasn't monitored so it was also a great place to shoot. Still do when I go up to visit my copper mines. I load up and hit the range after work, then head back home.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
The snow theme on Wackbag - it seems to have fixed the bugginess. DON'T EVEN THINK OF TAKING IT OFF!

Dicktator

I need a Vacation
Back in April I fell 14 feet and broke both my legs. 3 surgeries 3 rods an a ton of screws. I spent 4 weeks in a hospital bed, and 15 more in a wheelchair non weight bearing. I really only started walking again in October. I'm up to about 3-4 miles a day now

My medical billls topped 133,000. Luckily my wife continued to run our businesses(except for the 4 weeks she was taking care of me 24/7) and money still came in. Insurance covered about half. But we had Aflac who gave us a check for 11,000 2 weeks after the accident. Then today a check came in the mail for 66,000 dollars. It was from a christian ministries subsidy insurance we had. We thought we were on the hook for the additional 60 thousand. The hospital was nice enough to put us on a payment plan of 2,400 a month or go to collections. That right 2,400.

It's a Christmas miracle.

Back in April I fell 14 feet and broke both my legs. 3 surgeries 3 rods an a ton of screws. I spent 4 weeks in a hospital bed, and 15 more in a wheelchair non weight bearing. I really only started walking again in October. I'm up to about 3-4 miles a day now

My medical billls topped 133,000. Luckily my wife continued to run our businesses(except for the 4 weeks she was taking care of me 24/7) and money still came in. Insurance covered about half. But we had Aflac who gave us a check for 11,000 2 weeks after the accident. Then today a check came in the mail for 66,000 dollars. It was from a christian ministries subsidy insurance we had. We thought we were on the hook for the additional 60 thousand. The hospital was nice enough to put us on a payment plan of 2,400 a month or go to collections. That right 2,400.

It's a Christmas miracle.
How'd you fall?

Dicktator

I need a Vacation

Doing construction on a building we are restoring to turn into a reception hall. I was standing on a catwalk that we were taking down because it was unsafe and not built to code. I was standing on a piece that should have been fine, but when a section was cut to fall, it took the weight off the platform I was on and the support beams weren't attached to anything. None of us knew that. I fell and landed on my heels and both legs snapped and I also crushed my heel bone. Super painful.

Dicktator

I need a Vacation
Mmmmmmmmm bone plates and screws yea! Oh and the hospital wants 2400 a month? For what?
The remaining balance of what the insurance didn't cover. They said we could pay it in payments. So pay it off or pay payments of 2,400 a month or they would send us to collections.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
The remaining balance of what the insurance didn't cover. They said we could pay it in payments. So pay it off or pay payments of 2,400 a month or they would send us to collections.
Lol, that’s when you go ****** and threaten to not pay them, at all, they can’t do shit, they got paid by the insurance company the amount agreed upon by them, and you are 100% in your rights to negotiate the remainder of the bill, that’s the game, and that’s the scare tactics that they use to squeeze people into paying “collections” fuck you, you take what I offer, which, if I was feeling generous would be my deductible, which in my case is $10,000. I threatened to walk out on a surgery when they tried to pull that shit on me, you get flat out belligerent with them and they will back right down, they wanted me to pay $1000 in cash, before the surgery, pfffft fuck you, I followed every single one of their bullshit “rules” I met my deductible for the year, I stayed “in network” I went to the surgery center of their choice, I opted out of any extras, I had all my proper paperwork and it was all in order. i didn’t owe them a fucking thing. The pencil pusher started her shit, I got up from the chair and said “I don’t owe you anything and I refuse to pay you a dime in advance, because if I do, I will never be reimbursed for that money, that’s why I have insurance, you pick up the phone and you call who ever you need to or I’m leaving” you would have thought I shit on her desk. She picked that phone up right quick, called the insurance company chitter chattered back and forth with the other drone and imagine that, I was right.
Hospitals, and insurance companies take advantage of people who they think might actually pay the over inflated bills they charge, yet some toothless crack head will get everything for free, if you don’t fight with them, if you are not aggressive with your treatment and proactive about your bills and billing they will absolutely try to Fuck you at every turn.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Doing construction on a building we are restoring to turn into a reception hall. I was standing on a catwalk that we were taking down because it was unsafe and not built to code. I was standing on a piece that should have been fine, but when a section was cut to fall, it took the weight off the platform I was on and the support beams weren't attached to anything. None of us knew that. I fell and landed on my heels and both legs snapped and I also crushed my heel bone. Super painful.
Your biggest mistake was not setting up a camera first.