NASDAQ halts trading today due to 'difficulties'

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
So...
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100968086
Nasdaq said on Thursday it was halting trading in all securities until further notice due to a problem affecting quote dissemination.

The Nasdaq status message was time stamped at 12:14:03 ET.

"You can't trade if you can't get the quotes out," said Rich Repetto of Sandler O'Neill Partners.

Dozens of publicly traded companies are showing their shares halted. Some high profile companies that trade on the Nasdaq include Apple, Microsoft and Facebook.

A spokesman for the SEC said, "We are monitoring the situation and in are close contact with the exchanges."

The Nasdaq options markets also issued a "system update" saying they were recommending firms route all open orders elsewhere.
Hmmm...anyone think this goes a little deeper than a 'simple problem'...maybe a foreign entity is hammering the exchange with DOS?

Dec 12, 2007
So...

Hmmm...anyone think this goes a little deeper than a 'simple problem'...maybe a foreign entity is hammering the exchange with DOS?

"Every ting going to plan. First pee pee coke, now stock, next.... world."

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Bring Spy back motherfuckers

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
SEATTLE — Officials for the moment say they cannot pinpoint anything malicious about the extraordinary outage of the Nasdaq stock exchange earlier today.
But the incident had all the earmarks of the three waves of denial-of-service attacks that have bedeviled U.S. financial institutions, including stock brokerages, since last September.
An Iranian hacking collective — Cyber Fighters of Izz ad-Din al-Qassam — has claimed credit for orchestrating sophisticated attacks that have overwhelmed the expensive security systems U.S. banks have put into place to keep their online banking services up and secure.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/cyber...igns-with--denial-of-service-attacks/2687323/

Can we please Stuxnet their asses again? Maybe some Children's hospitals or Babymilk factories this time. I'm unamused by these filthy rug-riding savages' hijinx when my portfolio is involved.