Nasty Smoking Ban in California City

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Metro News Source:
>>California City Approves Strict Smoking Ban

(Belmont, CA) -- The strictest smoking ban in the country has gotten final approval in one California city. After months of debate and public hearings, Belmont city leaders voted three-to-two last night to approve the ordinance. Effective November 8th, smoking will be banned in all public places inside the city limits. The new law also makes it illegal to smoke in attached condominiums and apartments where smoke can travel through shared walls. Belmont building managers and owners have 14 months to begin enforcing the new law.

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
WTF?!?!?!?!?!
Are they talking about poles or cigs?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
That sucks. I quit smoking about 3 months ago, but I still have sympathy for smokers.
Almost three years out myself, and I still hate this shit.

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Mar 3, 2005
California
My dads best friend just quit smoking after getting throat cancer. That being said, this is really sickening.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
I am all for the public smoking bans but if you want to slowly kill yourself and reek of smoke in your own private dwelling (including an apartment), so be it.

We should not be regulating private behavior that does not infringe upon the rights of others.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
We should not be regulating private behavior that does not infringe upon the rights of others.
Exactly.

These petty tyrants believe they can save the world with their laws. Fuck them in their uptight asses.

Treat_Yourself

Nov 17, 2006
Fucking nanny state strikes again. It seems a good percentage of people are more than willing to give up their rights as American adults in order to have government take care of everyone like parent.

nataskaos

He's no good to me dead.
Jul 7, 2006
BFE
this is the kind of stuff that people say don't exist. "why worry about them banning smoking in clubs, it's not like they are going into your house."

and here you are.

The government will not stop on things like this until you can only smoke in your car, by yourself, with the windows up.

Treat_Yourself

Nov 17, 2006
this is the kind of stuff that people say don't exist. "why worry about them banning smoking in clubs, it's not like they are going into your house."

and here you are.

The government will not stop on things like this until you can only smoke in your car, by yourself, with the windows up.
Don't think it will stop there. They'll argue that it causes "distracted driving" and that smokers burden the health care system and ban that too after a while.

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006

Are you kidding? You have to ban that too. I mean think of the effect that it would have on the person that purchases that car from the original smoking owner. We can't just sit back and allow the new owner of said car to be exposed to the smell and possible trace elements of carcinogens.

(What do you think? Does that believable and/or caring enough for me to run for SF or Belmont city council?)