Navy Pulls YouTube Video Shot Abroad Carrier

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
(AP) SAN DIEGO, Calif. The Navy has yanked a video from YouTube that was shot aboard the San Diego-based aircraft carrier Ronald Reagan.

The clip was titled "Women of CVN-76: 'That Don't Impress Me Much."' Set to a tune by country singer Shania Twain, the theme was that women serving aboard the Reagan can do the same jobs as men.

The Navy says it showed sailors inappropriately using safety equipment. Also included were fleeting shots of the door to the ship's nuclear power plant. Under Pentagon rules, images of any part of a ship's nuclear plant cannot be shown to foreign nationals.

It had been posted on the popular video Web site on May 23. Navy officials say commanders have counseled the airman who produced the video.

ANYBODY have the video?

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
nope. just alquada

May 7, 2003
What a shame, I kinda wanna see this video now

Dec 2, 2005
(AP) SAN DIEGO, Calif. The Navy has yanked a video from YouTube that was shot aboard the San Diego-based aircraft carrier Ronald Reagan...... Also included were fleeting shots of the door to the ship's nuclear power plant. .

Oh.
My.
God.
It shows the.......door........to........the..........power plant?!?!?!?!?!

DON"T LET THE TERRORISTS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salem

Midgets = funny
Jul 3, 2006
Smmmiitttthhhherrrsss.......

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
They didn't pull all the copies, I found one.

[yt]LwFk2VaDXok[/yt]

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
AKA: tossed their asses overboard
Actually the original story said that the video was well-intentioned... so they probably didn't reprimand him too badly, I'd think.

BullsLawDan

She A Great Big Fat Person?
Feb 9, 2006
The clip was titled "Women of CVN-76: 'That Don't Impress Me Much."' Set to a tune by country singer Shania Twain, the theme was that women serving aboard the Reagan can do the same jobs as men.
Wow... I get chills just thinking about how horrible this must be.

Women can do the same jobs as men... Oh yeah? Is that why the Navy's standards for women's physical fitness are lower than they are for men?

Stupid cunts.

stillbornstew

blogging loser
Jul 26, 2005
Wow... I get chills just thinking about how horrible this must be.

Women can do the same jobs as men... Oh yeah? Is that why the Navy's standards for women's physical fitness are lower than they are for men?

Stupid cunts.
and they're allowed a higher body fat measurement :icon_eek:

been my arguement since i came into this job. i just spent 3 years on a ship in japan, and while some gals do honestly bust thier asses working on the ship, a large portion of them DON'T. matter of fact many of them intentionally get PREGNANT so they can get out of going to sea. working in medical, i've seen it countless times.

again, not all women, but quite a few.

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
If I could get a do-over of my life... I'd definitely have signed up for the Navy.

A few people at my job did it when they got out of HS, and they absolutely loved it. Some seriously considered going full-time. Said they got the best experience of their lives in the USN.

...no homo.