NCAA Football 08

NightStalker3

a complete moron that posts
Oct 4, 2004
I just picked this up today.(360 Version) Wow it plays really nice! Nothing like the demo. The Campus Legend mode is pretty cool, Gang tackling. Fast FPS play! Bigger hits, better cuts. You can also save photos and video and up load them to EA and people can check them out. I made a one handed catch into the end zone in my first game. Dude hit me as I went up and he knocked me into end zone. So far I highly recommend it. Hit me up if you wanna play sometime.

Photos

Videos

http://www.easportsworld.com/#video-2867/NightStalker3(XBOX360)/1527

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.
I'm a Madden fan and usually when I get NCAA, I play it until Madden comes out and forget about it. They're usually solid games, though.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Madden still sucks compared to ESPN 2K5, but I've always enjoyed the NCAA games.

rndystvn

May 25, 2005
Well just finished my first game and so far dont really like it. I never do when they first come out but this one just seems kinda slow and boxy. I will probably get used to it and like it. I also felt i didnt have that great of control over my players and it would be nice if my fucking line would block for longer than .04 seconds when i drop back to pass.. I did win my first game in overtime beat Marshall 27-21. Edit: great now i get to play Okla Univ ill probably get thumped by 30.

NightStalker3

Oct 4, 2004
Madden still sucks compared to ESPN 2K5, but I've always enjoyed the NCAA games.
I picked up that All Pro Football from 2k yesterday as well. It's ok. The graphics are clean and crisp and it plays well. I still think ESPN 2k5 is better. Then the fact you are playing solely with retired guys. It's worth a rent and could work well for leagues.

NightStalker3

Oct 4, 2004
Are there any differences between the PS3 and 360 versions?
The main difference is the additional 30 frames per second on the 360 in this game.(Madden and All-Pro 2K8 as well)

Other than that I am not sure. I am seeing lots of gamer reviews saying good things about both. It's definitely the best next gen football game to date. Hopefully Madden is as good. Which it looks to be. Gang tackling alone is the the shit.

RockstarDan

Young Hopper
Jul 18, 2007
White Plains, NY
i was playin the demo this past weekend and it seemed pretty nice.

i like the fact u said better cuts, because it seemed there was a slight delay when you go to make spins/jukes on the demo.

NightStalker3

Oct 4, 2004

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
Fuck, I forgot that came out. If I'm too lazy to pick it up tonight I'll for sure get it after work tomorrow.

doktormoo

Apple, BMW Motorcycles, Cigar and O&A junkie.
Feb 11, 2005
Arkansas
Got 2K8 (PS3) last night and it is amazing. The graphics are fantastic.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
So I just picked it up, and I'm doing the Campus Legend mode, on the state finals. This game is fuckin sweet so far. I can't wait to try out the new hit stick.

rndystvn

May 25, 2005
As I said usually when i first get these games I hate them but Im starting to come around on it. Some of the controls Id change but overall well worth the money.

rndystvn

May 25, 2005
Just finished my dynasty first season. Unranked Miami ended up #2 and won the Heisman.. Was #3 going into my BCS game it sucks ass when you have no shot at winning the title..Playing the #2 BCS bowl sucks ass

Mar 28, 2007
Planet Houston
yeah i'm ranked #2 heading into my last game against Texas...hopefully USC loses so i can be ranked #1 :)

damn this game is addicting

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
Playing as OU, I'm 4-1 ranked #15, heading to #1 ranked Texas for my next game. I'm hoping to pwn them like I did in regular exhibition game "Play Now" mode whatever you call it.

Mar 28, 2007
Planet Houston
Playing as OU, I'm 4-1 ranked #15, heading to #1 ranked Texas for my next game. I'm hoping to pwn them like I did in regular exhibition game "Play Now" mode whatever you call it.
heh yeah i'm playin as A&M, i schooled OU 49-3 ha ha :) and got a prospect to sign! a 5 star after that game...i was happy

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
heh yeah i'm playin as A&M, i schooled OU 49-3 ha ha :) and got a prospect to sign! a 5 star after that game...i was happy
I lost to Miami by a touchdown because of a turnover late in the 4th quarter.

Haven't played A&M yet.

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
May 28, 2004
Dallas, TX
If Madden for the PS3 doesn't have 1080 support, I am going to write a fuck you letter to EA, piss on it and then mail it to them.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
Just played some NCAA Footbal '08 online.

The guy played with Hawaii. At first I was thinkin...Hawaii? That's a bit obscure. Who the fuck picks Hawaii?? Your screen name has "UNT" in it too, you weirdo. How can you be a North Texas fan but play as Hawaii?

Anyway, he had home advantage, and I was away with, of course, the Sooners. I went in thinking I was going to kick some serious ass....

But I was surprised to find that this guy was fucking GOOD. He's one of these fuckers that knows all the moves and actually takes control of linebackers on defense. When I'm on defense I do the noob thing and just try to get a sack with a DE.

I was up 13-7 in the first quarter, then the 2nd quarter was pretty much back-to-back scoring. I threw a few good touchdown passes, and he actually managed to complete a hail mary before halftime.

Anyway, the guy was a challenging opponent. Playing online is definitely more fun than solo play, because it forces you to really think about strategy.

I thought I was done for early in the 4th quarter though, because even though I was up 34-21, the guy had really begun to pick up the pace and started throwing no-huddle audibles and hot routes and all kinds of shit at me that I just wasn't prepared for since I'm terrible at playing defense. He was really fucking with my brain going so fast like that. Thankfully I was able to intercept the ball and get myself a nice touchdown pass which guaranteed my victory.

After all the stress that comes with being indulged in a game, I was able to bring home a win.

Final score:41-29

Boomer Sooner, bitches.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
One complaint I have about the game, and this is for any football game,

Let's say it's the end of the 4th quarter. You're winning, and on offense, and your opponent has no timeouts left. You're just kneeling the ball.

The play clock is 25 seconds, and the game clock is 20 seconds. You should be able to choose just to end the game right there, instead of awkwardly sitting in the play selection screen for 20 seconds. In a real football game, in these situations, everyone just walks off the field and calls it a day.

PS I uploaded photos to EA, where do I get them? Their site is damn confusing. I'm logged in but don't know how to find my shit.

Mar 28, 2007
Planet Houston
oh yeah...about Hawaii....they're supposed to be really good this year, and they invited 5 BCS teams to Hawaii for this season and they all declined...i wonder what teams they were....