NCAA Football's graphics...what gives?

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Was having a discussion about this and thought I'd share my frustration with you all.

Why the hell does EA update Madden's graphics and put in effort to make it look better, but the NCAA games still look like they did on the old consoles?

I might be exaggerating when I say they look like complete shit, but you have to admit NCAA Football's graphics are sub-par. NCAA is basically Madden with college teams, so why not use the same graphics engine? I don't understand. It pisses me off that Madden's graphics and NCAA Football's graphics aren't of equal quality.

Sure, they probably sell more copies of Madden, so they want to improve the game that most people will buy...but like I said, NCAA is basically the same game, so it wouldn't make sense for Madden to look exceptionally better.

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
EA has been putting out nothing but half-assed football titles for the last few years....I played madden 08 for about 15 min and returned it

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
The only thing that bothers me about Madden is the amount of turnovers.

It just isn't realistic when I'm firing a pass to someone who is WIDE open, and then a defender runs up and intercepts it.

OneAngryMonkey

He didn't always use to be this way...
Apr 18, 2005
Chris Griffin's Closet
You can adjust those AI sliders to help with that problem, but after all my years of playing Madden, it's more trouble than it's worth sometimes to find a good balance. You can lower AI defensive ability to limit those picks, but then you'll find yourself going to the house every play and have to tweak it again. I find the best way to get more "realism" out of the game is to use All-Pro difficulty and try to adjust the sliders based off of that, as Rookie and Pro (the first two difficulties I think) are just too easy, and All-Madden is simply "cheater mode" sometimes, All-Pro provides the best base for adjusting those sliders.

Aero 1

Mar 18, 2005
Clifton, NJ
you shouldnt be asking as to why EA doesnt update their titles every year, you should be asking why dolts keep buying the same un-updated title every year.