OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Nearly 1 in 6 Americans receive food stamps, including 26% of Washington D.C. residents

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by lajikal, Sep 7, 2013.

1. lajikal

lajikal Registered User

2. f kane

f kane Known Traffic Menace

"We really didn't need those manufacturing jobs anymore, we will all make our middle class salaries in computers now. Besides it is racist not to want to give those jobs to brown people in other countries. Nafta will surely be good for this country. How can it go wrong? Hell just the money you'll save at Walmart alone will make up for your stable benefits and wages that are lost to Mexico and China. Anybody against this plan is a gloom and doom person. And for a kick-ass bonus we'll just let those wonderful folks from south of the border stream in so you will get a burrito the size of a football for five dollars and never have to worry about doing those lame landscaping job ever again." -America in the 1990's

Neckbeard, ericd and lajikal like this.
  3. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

Extremely accurate except for the racism is part. I would of went with "What do you mean I should do a job where I sweat, get dirty, and work long hours dad? Fuck that ill be an office drone and never have to work hard and make just as much as you"

lajikal and f kane like this.
  4. ericd

ericd I'm a real fucko

I remember watching the Presidential debate where all three candidates; Clinton, Bush and even Perot ("pennies on the dollar"), were in total agreement on the benefits of NAFTA. It was absolutely the turning point for this country both financially and politically. Effectivly wiping out the middle class and destroying American manufacturing in one fell swoop.

Neckbeard likes this.
  5. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

I thought Perot was vehemently against NAFTA?

wes mantooth, Neckbeard and ericd like this.
  6. ericd

ericd I'm a real fucko

You're right, my mistake. Perot's "pennies on the dollar" quote actually referenced post cold war Russia. Thank you for the correction

7. f kane

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

I was no real Perot fan but looking back this guy was dead-on right about some things.

Neckbeard likes this.
  8. f kane

Eh I disagree. I distinctly remember some pro-nafta liberal pundits making the point that white american workers were against Nafta because of they didn't want those filthy brown people having money. Exhibit A, the libs at SNL:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/mexican-stereotype/n10486/

9. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

True but I was talking about the general attitude of the kids about to enter the workforce

10. Neckbeard

Neckbeard I'm Team Piggy!

I'm a 90s/2000s kid. Lies I remember...

1. "We are becoming a service sector economy. Manufacturing is outmoded."

2. "Everybody will go to college and get an electronics related degree and job and make out like a bandit."

3. "We won't lose jobs overseas due to NAFTA and other free trade agreements."

4. "Trade deficits? Bah, who cares about that! We'll be too busy fiddling around with computers and counting our money
    to worry about a trade deficit!"

4. "Simpson-Mazzoli amnesty for 4 million people and a 4 fold increase to the immigration rate will not depress wages and make it harder for citizens to get a job.
    You racist fucker!"

f kane likes this.
  11. Discoman

Discoman Well-Known Member
    Donator

I always liked this debate on Charlie Rose.

Neckbeard and f kane like this.
  12. domelogic

domelogic Registered User

I do not know when that video was shot but it could work for today. He explained everything as clearly as anyone can and made so much sense that finding a debate is impossible. Basically what he said happened or is happening.

Oh I just saw that was in 1994, damn he was dead on.

13. Neckbeard

Neckbeard I'm Team Piggy!

The biggest part of it I think was in section 4 or 5 when he said capital, at the expense of labor, would enter into hundreds of trillions of dollars of derivatives markets (which he called "extremely dangerous").

In 1994! Everything he said would happen...happened. Pity he died in 1997.