[Question] Need a dashcam

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Looking to get a dashcam and need advice on which one is good. Don't need top of the line 8K with tons of features. Just something reliable and simple enough to set up.

Any suggestions?

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
I have one of these and it works great, has captured quite a lot of stuff and basically records constantly once I turn on the truck, it records in 1 minute segments with no gaps in between so you can easily find the spot you need by just remembering the time you saw it. The only thing is you need a computer to pop the micro SD card into to transfer the data which I always have with me.

I had a couple of other different ones that would only record when it wanted to and it missed a lot of stuff, like when a B1 bomber made a real low pass over me in New Mexico out in the middle of nowhere, which is basically everywhere in NM.

My friend needed one but doesn't have a computer so I got him this one which has a built in WIFI link that works with a schmart phone app to watch and transfer the data and otherwise works the same as the first one.

here is an example of the night vision and remember, it was almost completely dark where the car wrecked.

regular day vision, watch till the end for loffs

MurphCO

Enough of this palaver
Donator
How long, like timewise does it record for?

I commute about and hour each way every day and have considered getting one too.....I’d rather have the WiFi for ease

Do you have to erase the card or does it automatically overwrite etc. ?

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
I got one on Amazon for about 40 bucks.
Small, cheap, does 5 minute segments and loops after about 2 hours.
Already paid for itself as I had some cunt hit my car and try to blame me.
I sent a 1 minute clip of the accident to my and her insurance companies.
I got a check immediately.

Similar to this one:
Edit: Fuck this board software. It converts my link to media.

Link

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
I got this one and it's great. If you just need front view, you're golden.

They are on-sale every so often for $69.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
How long, like timewise does it record for?

I commute about and hour each way every day and have considered getting one too.....I’d rather have the WiFi for ease

Do you have to erase the card or does it automatically overwrite etc. ?
it records indefinitely, the bigger your SD card, the longer it goes without over writing the first recordings, each day it starts over and records over the previous recordings and if you didn't have any incidents, that is fine but if you need the data, you need to take it off before the next day.

I drive around 10 hours or so each day and a 32GB card is fine.

One thing though, they wear out SD cards. They seem to last maybe a year as much as I use them, there are no moving parts but the cards get corrupted somehow and will not function correctly and the camera will say "SD card will not format" or something like that and maybe after a few tries it works for that day but that is a sign to put a new card in. I don't think it ruins the cards and they may be fine in other devices but for something you are depending on, I always replace them with new cards and they seem to like the lesser quality cards instead of the 10x or latest whizbang cards of the week.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
My camera requires a class 10 128GB micro SD.

I run this one, it's designed for this kind of use.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
I use a Street Guardian in all our vehicles. My new car has the rear camera too. It's pricier than some of the others but the build quality is better. A previous generic camera everyone raves about is in the bin somewhere. The lens housing is plastic and warped in the heat.