OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Need Good Source For HTC Batteries

Discussion in 'Wackbag Tech Support' started by samurai, Sep 23, 2013.

1. samurai

samurai Ridiculum Anserini

I have an HTC EVO 3D 4G, and my original battery has turned to shit. I've seen Laza Zcell 3460's on Amazon, but they are backorder. Plus, I don't know if I want a hump in the backplate. I'm open to suggestions.

2. gorram

gorram ;)

Ebay?

3. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

Does that phone have an NFC chip in the battery, and if so do you need it?

For official HTC batteries, I would check Amazon and various cell carriers (not necessarily yours, I bought a battery for my VZW Galazy Nexus from Sprint because they were half off). If you don't care about the batteries being official, Seidio makes decent ones.

http://www.seidioonline.com/htc-evo-3d-evo-v-4g-s/6013.htm

If you have time to wait, or even if not, set a slickdeals alert so that it emails you if the batteries go on sale. It pays to pick up a spare if it's on sale.

4. samurai

No to the NFC, don't care about "Official" and found Seidio a bit pricey in comparison.

I did check eBay, and saw many brands that I couldn't possibly have heard of. I guess I'm looking for reputable brands from "mostly" reputable sources. Or, I'll just wait a week until the Zcells are back.

Regardless, I appreciate the helps.

5. LZMF1

LZMF1 Semi-Eviscerated

@samurai seidio is pricey but they make really good shit. trust me on that one!

i have a few HTC batteries sitting around collecting dust. when i remember where they are i will check them to see if they work with your phone. i'll PM you once i do find them.

6. samurai

I appreciate it, but @oandapartycock turned me onto Anker a few weeks ago, so I got a 2-pack w/charger for $30 at amazon. Everything's peachy.

7. LZMF1

LZMF1 Semi-Eviscerated

[​IMG]

i got one of the laza zcell extended batteries an i gotta say i'm fucking impressed. for 20 bucks you really can't go wrong!

Sent from my SCH-I535

8. Bobobie

Bobobie Registered User

If you are good with a soldering iron you can always break open the battery pack a replace the cells yourself.