Need ideas for packed lunch

MTJonny

Donator
Apr 24, 2009
Greater Seattle area
So I have burned myself out on my normal packed lunch fare. Google only gives me thousands of different variations of sammichs and while I am not opposed to a good sammich I try to vary what I eat every week. Gimme some of your favorite lunch recipes, don't care if its a cold lunch or something leftoverish that needs to be heated up, just need some new ideas.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Make some pasta (enough to feed you for a few days) roast a chicken (then cut it up into cubes) make your favorite vegetables (chop to bite size) heat up up your favorite sauce.

Mix it all together and enjoy.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Yeah, I like to cook up chicken breast or some ham and dice it
up and mix it with a nice cold pasta salad. Pulled pork bbq makes
a great lunch on a round roll too with the salad on the side.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
My favorite lunch - Chicken/Pineapple Rice

Marinate chicken breasts in Teriyaki marinade along with a can of chunked pineapple, be sure to add the juice. Let that shit soak overnight in the fridge, don't be afraid to turn the chicken over a couple times.
Preparation -
Grill the chicken and pineapple on a foreman (or similar grill)
Boil a couple bags of minute rice, add some teriyaki if you love that shit.
Grill up some veggies - I prefer onions and pea pods (be sure to clean the pod)
Mix it up in a bowl, then enjoy it for a few days. I usually put it in one of those disposable glad containers. I will stop at the truck stop or one of the local gas stations and warm it up. I love this shit.

My other favorite - Sicilian Chicken
Fry a couple boneless chicken breasts in olive oil and add some garlic
Drain a jar of pitted green olives and add them to the frying pan. (pimento stuffed is what I prefer).
Drain a jar of capers and toss them in as well. (capers are sold at most grocery stores - they are yummy and fragrant).
Fry that shit up til the chicken is done.
Boil a couple bags of minute rice.
Grab a bowl toss all that shit in together, stir it up, enjoy.

Something you can eat cold or hot - Motorhead's Bad Ass Dip

Large sauce pan - cut up an entire block of Velveta Cheese and add milk (I prefer lots of milk so it's almost like a creamy soup)
After it's melted down add the following
1 regular sized jar of Pace Picante Sauce (Hot = red top jar)
1 jar of sliced jalapenos (be sure to drain).

Brown up 1.0 to 1.5 lbs of hamburger, the leaner the better. No need to season, the hot sauce will do it's magic.

Mix that shit up in a big bowl or right in the sauce pan. You can eat it right away warm OR let it cool off and put it right in the fridge. The secret is the long it sits in the fridge the hotter that shit gets. The hard part is not to eat it all before it's even cooled. Get a couple big bags of those scoops chips. Prepare for your tongue to be sexually aroused by that spicy creamy goodness.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Cold Pasta Salad

- Lunch meat (Ham works good from your local deli) Slice it into strips
- Veggies of your choice (cucumbers last, also bell peppers, carrots, red onion)
- Pasta (bowtie is good. Spirals also)
- Sauce of your choice (Go a balsamic vinegar/virgin olive oil)

Depending on the amount of your ingredients, you've got a good 3-4 days right there.

Fruit Wraps

Been having these for months. Monday to Friday.

Plain white Tortilla, lay it flat.
Half the wrap gets a layer of Peanut Butter. Other half gets Cream Cheese (Philly Strawberry is good shit).
Take a whole banana, lay it on the center just on the PB side.
Get two other fruits, and put them on the cream cheese side, laying against the Naner for some firmness when you wrap it up.
Grab some yogurt. Strawberry, blueburry, whatever. Toss a few tablespoons on top.
Wrap it up with the PB side over the Naner, then CC over the other. This way, when you eat it, you either a mouthful of PB/Naner, or CC and mixed fruit.

Protip: I get a whole pineapple, and usually strawburry or kiwis for fruit 3. Raspburrys work not bad for some tartness. Blueburrys are meh.

Both are very inexpensive, have repeatability due to varying your ingredients just slightly. Though I prefer the wraps, as they fill me up nice for a good 4 hours.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
Fruit Wraps

Been having these for months. Monday to Friday.

Plain white Tortilla, lay it flat.
Half the wrap gets a layer of Peanut Butter. Other half gets Cream Cheese (Philly Strawberry is good shit).
Take a whole banana, lay it on the center just on the PB side.
Get two other fruits, and put them on the cream cheese side, laying against the Naner for some firmness when you wrap it up.
Grab some yogurt. Strawberry, blueburry, whatever. Toss a few tablespoons on top.
Wrap it up with the PB side over the Naner, then CC over the other. This way, when you eat it, you either a mouthful of PB/Naner, or CC and mixed fruit.

Protip: I get a whole pineapple, and usually strawburry or kiwis for fruit 3. Raspburrys work not bad for some tartness. Blueburrys are meh.

Both are very inexpensive, have repeatability due to varying your ingredients just slightly. Though I prefer the wraps, as they fill me up nice for a good 4 hours.
And this will be on my menu when I start back on my rotation on Friday. I just read this out to my wife and she immediately came up with several variations. Great idea, YH.

MTJonny

Donator
Apr 24, 2009
Greater Seattle area
Pasta salad is sounding better and better as the day goes by, think I may rock that for this week.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
There's a few that are quick to make using just some added oil.

I prefer them over mayo based mixes to stay fresher longer.

Betty Crocker has Suddenly Salad mixes and the "Rice-A-Roni"

people offer Pasta-Roni mixes too. Quick and easy to whip up.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I forget which pasta company it is, but they have boil in a bag portions that are perfect for lunch.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
If you want a change of pace and have a refrigerator at your work I suggest a chicken salad sandwich with bacon bits it it or a slice of bacon in the sandwich. It's delicious.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
And this will be on my menu when I start back on my rotation on Friday. I just read this out to my wife and she immediately came up with several variations. Great idea, YH.
What could be the best part, is that if you put the wrap in a ziploc, and wrap that in Tinfoil, it stays cool for up to about 4 hours. I make them around 2am, and have breakfast for 6. Still good even if stored in my car on a 85-90 degree day. I toss it in a cloth bag with a reusable cold pack. Fridges are for queers.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i dont eat lunch.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
Its really simple but super delicious.

Use a nice soft roll from your local bakery (those ones with the powder on top). Throw a little horseradish on there and some roast beef and provolone (or whatever you like). It's simple but sooooo good especially hot and melty.

I can't remember the name of the bread but maybe someone here knows what I'm talking about. It's round like a hamburger bun but thicker and more rounded at the top and has some sort of light powder on it. It's really good and I get a half dozen at Lucio's bakery for only $1.90.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
If you want a change of pace and have a refrigerator at your work I suggest a chicken salad sandwich with bacon bits it it or a slice of bacon in the sandwich. It's delicious.
I don't know how you make your chicken salad but I've started adding toasted almonds and dried cranburry to my recipe and it taste fantastic. The almonds give it a nice texture and the cranburry give it a sweetness that compliments the chicken. Just don't go overboard.