Need Law Help/Advice

HerkyJerkyLiz

Posts below off topic.
Oct 14, 2004
so due to a product ive been using ive basically been diagnosed with scratched corneas/corneal ulcers. ive been put on medication for right now but my vision has definitely been impaired because of it and ive read up on the product and apparently many other people have been effected the same way. some so extreme that they have had to have corneal implants and some others that were told if they had waited any longer they could have gone blind..

ive tried to look up any info i could on some sort of lawsuit but can only find others in my same situation asking if anyone has any info on one.. if there isnt currently one pending, do you think i have a case here? should i contact a lawyer?

right now i have to be about 4 inches from the computer screen to even see it. ive been told not to wear contacts at all and even with my glasses i have some vision in my right eye and limited/blurred vision in my left. im not sure what steps if any i should take from here. any help/advice is appreciated.

oh, im also not looking to get rich quick here or anything.. i know even if i filed suit, things like this can take years to produce any results..

Jan 6, 2006
I hear all the hip kids are getting glass eyes.

Jan 6, 2006
im going to steal your corneas in your sleep.
Isn't it a little weird that you are right next to me and you went to the computer to respond to me while you saw me type that?

(and why am I writing this instead of turning around and saying it?)

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
name the drug. Till then, no advice.

swiiing ana misss strike one.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Don't join any class action suit, the shysters take the lions share. A personal injury lawyer would be the best to offer advice on your situation.

HerkyJerkyLiz

Posts below off topic.
Oct 14, 2004
Don't join any class action suit, the shysters take the lions share. A personal injury lawyer would be the best to offer advice on your situation.
ill definitely look into that. do you know if personal injury lawyers do the whole, "we dont get paid unless you get paid" thing?

I wouldn't bother. Who wants to see red?
:haha7:

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Can't stop jacking off, huh?

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Your best bet is to speak with an attorney. They'd be the best ones to advise you about the validity of your case. There are plenty of attorneys who work on contingency. Check with your local bar association; they should be able to give you some names. That's bar association as where attorneys are registered in order to be able to practice in a certain jurisdiction, not where they go to drink ;)

d0uche_n0zzle is right though - don't join in any class action suits. Not only do the attorneys take a large chunk of the settlement but you're dividing the remainder among however many plaintiffs are involved in the suit. Not to mention class actions usually take forever to settle.

Good luck Liz

FMDoug

Nov 29, 2005
Your best bet is to speak with an attorney. They'd be the best ones to advise you about the validity of your case. There are plenty of attorneys who work on contingency. Check with your local bar association; they should be able to give you some names. That's bar association as where attorneys are registered in order to be able to practice in a certain jurisdiction, not where they go to drink

d0uche_n0zzle is right though - don't join in any class action suits. Not only do the attorneys take a large chunk of the settlement but you're dividing the remainder among however many plaintiffs are involved in the suit. Not to mention class actions usually take forever to settle.

Good luck Liz
I'd say see an lawyer too. If the drug really fucked up your eyes you might be able to finagel a large settlement.

Another reason to see a lawyer is for the class action. I suggest you stay out of one, but Depending on what is going on or what will go on in the courts, you might not have a choice. If you are in the same "class" as the people and the suit is set up in a certain way, and you opt not to be in it, you could be precluded from bringing an action altogether.

Good luck

HerkyJerkyLiz

Posts below off topic.
Oct 14, 2004
10K retainer.

or I'll smash your fucking retina.
"whaa"

and thanks for the advice guys. im definitely going to look into some representation. in the meantime hopefully these meds will help out my sight.

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Feb 24, 2003
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Go talk to a lawyer, but a case like this is more involved than a simple personal injury and may require a number of plaintiffs so that the attorneys are guaranteed a sufficiently large payoff to cover the cost of such an action. If enough lawsuits are filed, it may be deemed a class action by the courts and individual suits by those who don't want to participate may be put on hold pending the outcome of the class action.

If a product has FDA approval, it is going to require resources and experts beyond a simple Party A injured Party B type case. This is even beyond a medical malpractice case (which I've been through), because that usually involves one or more individuals being negligent or incompetent, which is easier to prove. In the case of a product being blamed, you're going to need to show that it was used as directed. That the product wasn't tampered with or stored under conditions which caused it to fail. That you didn't use it past its expiration date. That the company either failed to study side effects or didn't properly disclose known possible adverse reactions. Given the amount of money a company puts into a product, they are going to make surethat it doesn't get blamed.

Taso

Wackbag Elitist
Oct 13, 2004
Astoria, Queens
I hear all the hip kids are getting glass eyes.
im going to steal your corneas in your sleep.
Isn't it a little weird that you are right next to me and you went to the computer to respond to me while you saw me type that?

(and why am I writing this instead of turning around and saying it?)
Why, because you guy are THAT couple? Why dont you guys just walk down a crowded street with your hands in each others back pockets while your at it.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
Why, because you guy are THAT couple? Why dont you guys just walk down a crowded street with your hands in each others back pockets while your at it.
I thought you and your boyfriend invented that.

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
Oct 4, 2004
Intransit
i know, go to a lawyer and ask them, first console is free
u are asking us?? really no cock jokes yet in this thread? im shocked

MyKneeGrows

A Mean-Spirited Nothing™
Sep 14, 2006
Milwaukee
ill definitely look into that. do you know if personal injury lawyers do the whole, "we dont get paid unless you get paid" thing?
it's called Probono, and whatever you do, DO NOT go to an ambulance chasing lawyer. If you've seen there add on TV or on the front page of a phone book, stay away from them. They are only in it for THEM. Call your local Barr Association and have them reccomend a REAL lawyer.

And don't settle for Class Action bullshit, you'll end up getting 1000 minutes on a calling card...

HerkyJerkyLiz

Posts below off topic.
Oct 14, 2004
Sick Kids Club Unite!

<3

i know, go to a lawyer and ask them, first console is free
u are asking us?? really no cock jokes yet in this thread? im shocked
i was looking for some advice and wondering if i would be wasting my time. jesus.

thanks for all the advice guys. been on the eye meds all week now and my sight has gotten a little better. went for a followup yesterday and the dr wasnt happy with the progress.. says hes not sure why they havent completely healed up when they should have.. have to go back on monday and see what he tells me. im hoping that they will just heal up and i wont have to bother going through all the lawyer stuff but its looking like theres a good chance of there being some permanent damage, even if it is only some vision loss.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
it's called Probono, and whatever you do, DO NOT go to an ambulance chasing lawyer. If you've seen there add on TV or on the front page of a phone book, stay away from them. They are only in it for THEM. Call your local Barr Association and have them reccomend a REAL lawyer.

And don't settle for Class Action bullshit, you'll end up getting 1000 minutes on a calling card...
I was part of a class action once - I got a whole $4.50 out of the deal