Nelson Mandela: GLB

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
S. Africa: Mandela in critical condition

By CNN Staff
updated 6:45 PM EDT 06.23.13
(CNN) - Former South African President Nelson Mandela is now in critical condition, officials said.

Mandela's condition worsened in the past 24 hours, the South African president's office said, citing Mandela's medical team.

He has been hospitalized in Pretoria since June 8 for a recurring lung infection. Previously, authorities had described his condition as serious but stable.

"The doctors are doing everything possible to get his condition to improve and are ensuring that Madiba is well-looked after and is comfortable. He is in good hands," President Jacob Zuma said in a written statement, referring to Mandela's tribal name.

Mandela, 94, has become increasingly frail over the years and has not appeared in public since South Africa hosted the World Cup in 2010.

'I believe he is at peace,' Nelson Mandela's daughter says

The anti-apartheid hero has been in and out of the hospital in recent years.

His history of lung problems dates to when he was a political prisoner on Robben Island during the apartheid era, and he has battled respiratory infections.

Considered the founding father of South Africa's democracy, Mandela became an international figure while enduring 27 years in prison for fighting against apartheid, the country's system of racial segregation.

South Africa's governing African National Congress noted "with concern" Sunday the change in Mandela's health.

"The African National Congress joins the presidency in calling upon all of us to keep President Mandela, his family and his medical team in our thoughts and prayers during this trying time," it said.

In 1993, Mandela and then-South African President F.W. de Klerk jointly won the Nobel Peace Prize.

The iconic leader was elected the nation's first black president a year later, serving only one term, as he had promised.

Even as he has faded from the spotlight, he remains popular and is considered a hero of democracy in the nation. Last year, South Africa launched a new batch of banknotes with a picture of a smiling Mandela on the front.

Mandela's impact extends far beyond South African borders. After he left office, he mediated conflicts in Africa and the Middle East.

Word of his worsening health drew global expressions of concern.

"We have seen the latest reports from the South African government that former President Mandela is in critical condition," Caitlin Hayden, a U.S. National Security Council spokeswoman, said in a statement. "Our thoughts and prayers are with him, his family and the people of South Africa."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/23/world/africa/south-africa-mandela/index.html?c=&page=0

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Jul 16, 2005
Texas
I guess God needs some help around the house.

Or St. Peter needs a ride to the Piggly Wiggly.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Better to go out in bed than wearing one of Winnie's necklaces.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
Looks like time just finally ran out for the old cocksucker.

steve500

Oct 20, 2008
35,000 ft
Mandela was a leader of a terrorist gang that took pleasure in killing white people - including the elderly, women and children.

The sooner he drops dead, the better.

The media hard on for Sharpton made me assume that Mandela was overhyped

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Mandela was a leader of a terrorist gang that took pleasure in killing white people - including the elderly, women and children.

Nonono...you must have him confused with someone else. Mandela is a humanitarian who fought against suffering and poverty in Africa. Bono says so. ;)

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.

This is a joke right? I mean the closed caption cant be correct or this is a chappelle episode. At least tell me the white guy leading the song is blind.

MalcomOopsGotShot

White House Spokesperson
May 23, 2013
FBI Surveillance Van down the street
This is a joke right? I mean the closed caption cant be correct or this is a chappelle episode. At least tell me the white guy leading the song is blind.
Lol, the top rated comment answers your question -

"what the FUCK is a white doing there singing to kill whites....... must be a jew."

ironman25dc

A Smug Cunt Who Loves The Cock
Jun 1, 2004
Chicago, IL
I'm really hoping they do the right thing and announce his death for two reasons:
1. If he lives thru cousin Barry Obama's visit then my whole theory in the NSA thread is disproven

2. It would be rude to ask cousin Barry Obama to have to make two trips to SA in a short window of time. It would also cost a ton of money.

Do the right thing Nelson; all the tribute and retrospect packages are in the can waiting to be broadcast.

ironman25dc

A Smug Cunt Who Loves The Cock
Jun 1, 2004
Chicago, IL
We have progress: cousin Barry Obama has just met privately with the Mandela family; either it will be revealed later that Obama did meet with Mandela or the family convinced him to meet their father (who many believe is already on ice) later today.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I'm really hoping they do the right thing and announce his death for two reasons:
1. If he lives thru cousin Barry Obama's visit then my whole theory in the NSA thread is disproven

2. It would be rude to ask cousin Barry Obama to have to make two trips to SA in a short window of time. It would also cost a ton of money.

Do the right thing Nelson; all the tribute and retrospect packages are in the can waiting to be broadcast.
I watched a Mel Brooks lifetime award show a while back. I think Sarah Silverman said all your friends are here, we are honoring your life's work. Take the hint and die.