Nelson on 'TUF 16' drama: Dana White 'wants to be a fighter, and he's not'

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
http://mmajunkie.com/news/30113/roy...campaign=Feed:+mmajunkie+(MMAjunkie.com+Feed)

"It's probably because he wants to be a fighter, and he's not,"

"I think we were talking about coaching or something like that, and [White's] not a coach," he said. "There's an understanding of being a fighter, and I don't think he understands."

"I'm always at the back of the bus when it comes to the UFC," he said. "I'm just trying to further MMA to the next level, hold journalism up to higher standards, holding fights to higher standards, holding promotions to higher standards, holding athletic commissions to higher standards, and even holding the fans to higher standards."

"You never know with Dana," he said. "Dana will tell you guys one thing, and then five minutes later tell you another. Last week, 'Shogun' (Rua) and Brandon Vera were fighting for the title, and now all of the sudden, (Lyoto) Machida and Ryan Bader are, too. Next thing you know, he's going to say Randy Couture gets the next title shot when he comes back."

"The Juice is good @Danawhite says so as long as you don't over do it," he wrote. "Now I know why Overeem is OK NOW! I feel like some OJ."

"I'm actually falling back in love with being a coach, which is what I originally started at in this sport," he said. "I'm just finding the love of coming back to concentrating on that. I've got eight guys I've got to worry about, which is way harder than when I was in the house. In the house, I only had to worry about me, and I already knew how I was going to do."
I like Dana but Roy is on point