New 80GB PS3 Bundle (inc. MGS4 & DS3)

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The reason that the PS3 80GB w/MotorStorm bundle was being phased out was because it's being replaced by a new PS3 bundle that includes:

PS3 80GB HD (with emulated PS2 backward compatibility)
Metal Gear Solid 4
DualShock 3 Controller (rumble)

And it retains the previous bundle's price of $499. This fucking bundle is going to sell like fucking hotcakes!

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/02/26/metal-gear-solid-80gb-pack-announced/

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Still too expensive. Cut out the game and drop the price to $299 and I'll jump on.

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
Miami
you dont think you're being a bit picky? even the xbox was 399. thats actually a pretty good bundle for those who dont have a playstation. mgs and a dual shock isnt too bad, for an extra 100.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
They need to come out with the rumored 160gb version. 80GB won't be enough space when they come out with the software update to include DVR functionality for the PS3

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
you dont think you're being a bit picky? even the xbox was 399. thats actually a pretty good bundle for those who dont have a playstation. mgs and a dual shock isnt too bad, for an extra 100.
Biv wants to be able to buy a PS3 for $100 without tax. Just one note and check out.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I'm just not willing to pay that much for a system that will maybe get 10% of my play time. It's okay though, PS3 still doesn't have a "must have" game for me. Maybe FF13. So far, I don't even see any games I really want to play that isn't already on 360. If that changes, my attitude may change.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
However will Sony manage without you?
Christ dude, there wasn't supposed to be drama, I was just sayin' it's too overpriced for a casual/secondary game system. If it was going to be my primary, or it provided something 360 doesn't, it would be a different story.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Free online, HOME and Blu-ray:action-sm
The online is free but horribly sub-par compared to 360. It's like it was thrown in as an afterthought. The Blu-ray is a good point, but since I don't have an HDTV, it's kind of pointless to me.

HOME just sounds like an awful gimmick to me, but I really don't know.

I'll eventually get a PS3, it's just not time or priced right yet. Truth be told, if it was just $100 cheaper, I'd use my $600 gift from Uncle Sam to buy it.

And what is with fucking game bundles? Dump the game and drop the price by 60 dollars. I'll choose my own games, thank you.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
The online is free but horribly sub-par compared to 360. It's like it was thrown in as an afterthought. The Blu-ray is a good point, but since I don't have an HDTV, it's kind of pointless to me.

I'll eventually get a PS3, it's just not time or priced right yet.
PSN works just fine, but it does need to have the message system enabled while in-game. They are adding that with the next firmware & HOME in two months.

And you can't really knock Blu-ray until you get an HDTV. But hey, the 360 has shit component anyway :action-sm and a defunk movie add-on that ran through a USB wire which kind of negates the HD-DVD qualities.

Anyway, if you want it then buy it, if you don't then don't. It doesn't really matter :action-sm

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
PSN works just fine, but it does need to have the message system enabled while in-game. They are adding that with the next firmware & HOME in two months.

And you can't really knock Blu-ray until you get an HDTV. But hey, the 360 has shit component anyway :action-sm and a defunk movie add-on that ran through a USB wire which kind of negates the HD-DVD qualities.

Anyway, if you want it then buy it, if you don't then don't. It doesn't really matter :action-sm
I'd like to see the new online. The last time I saw it the interface was kind of embarrassing. Are they providing online content on PS3 online yet? You know, movies, TV, that sort of thing. I heard they would be but never followed up. I don't understand how they can get away with not charging. How they hell are they paying the massive server fees needed to host games and content?"whaa" Let alone HOME, or are they charging for that?

Never got the HD-DVD add on either. Like I said, lack of HDTV makes it pointless.:p

lilherojimmy

Apr 12, 2007
Home(o) is a complete waste of time. If I want to play second life, I'll play second life. If that's their solution to compete with Xbox Live, then I'm glad I get all my multiplayer games on my 360.

But getting back on topic, now I wish I waited to get my PS3. That's not a bad bundle. I wonder how long it will take for the dual shock to become standard, and get rid of the sixaxis?

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
But getting back on topic, now I wish I waited to get my PS3. That's not a bad bundle. I wonder how long it will take for the dual shock to become standard, and get rid of the sixaxis?
In 3...2...1...

Sixaxis was a terrible idea from the start. Even before the real battle between 360 and PS3 started I was pissed about them removing rumble.

Shane1V

Eggnog Flavored Cum
Jun 8, 2004
Brooklyn
Still too expensive. Cut out the game and drop the price to $299 and I'll jump on.

Wow, you are an unreasonable cheapskunt. For all the capabilities of the PS3 80 gig, $499 isn't bad. I read many times that they lose $ at that price.

Even minus the $60 game, you will pay $300 in about 2 years for an 80gig. Enjoy the wait...

Shane1V

Eggnog Flavored Cum
Jun 8, 2004
Brooklyn
Christ dude, there wasn't supposed to be drama, I was just sayin' it's too overpriced for a casual/secondary game system. If it was going to be my primary, or it provided something 360 doesn't, it would be a different story.

Ahhh,, I see now. That makes sense then.
I take back my "cheapskunt" comment :action-sm

What's so much better about rumble controlelrs over the sixaxis? I am new to console. I'm a keyboard/mouse PC guy.
Thank GOD UT3 has that enabled on PS3!!

Can someone tell me WHY Sony doesn't have all their FPS'ers key/mouse enabled??? Wouldn't that give serious motivation for PC gamers to jump on board???

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Ahhh,, I see now. That makes sense then.
I take back my "cheapskunt" comment :action-sm

What's so much better about rumble controlelrs over the sixaxis? I am new to console.
Sixaxis was never used properly and was just a cheap way to try to pull Wii fans. Rumble just adds so much to the feel of the game. Being able to react to tactile actions is great.

EDIT: Okay, I didn't explain that well.

I'm a keyboard/mouse PC guy.
Thank GOD UT3 has that enabled on PS3!!

Can someone tell me WHY Sony doesn't have all their FPS'ers key/mouse enabled??? Wouldn't that give serious motivation for PC gamers to jump on board???
I agree, 360 should have done this a long time ago as well.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I'll eventually get a PS3, it's just not time or priced right yet. Truth be told, if it was just $100 cheaper, I'd use my $600 gift from Uncle Sam to buy it.
There is a model out there that is already $100 cheaper, the 40GB PS3 for $399. (Or is that the one you were hoping was $100 cheaper?)

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey

it barely works fine.....I hate PSN...I have a HDTV and Blu-ray and its not that big of a selling point....MLB the Show better have in game communication....

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
If they include the rumored and announced features it'll probably blow Live away. One of the features is launching matches from within your Home apartment and inviting friends straight from the room. So you don't have to quit or bounce around programs to set up games. As well as streaming music and video into the virtual room. You'll be able to use pics from your hard drive to decorate the room as well. Not to mention voice and text chatting as well as a trophy room.

Steam

May 18, 2003
I might take a look into getting it at this price.

Was hoping for a drop but that probably won't come. I want to be able to play The Show.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
MLB 08 The Show should be a system seller if you're a baseball fan. The competition's baseball game pales in comparison.

Also, consider that the game being bundled with the PS3 is Metal Gear AND Metal Gear Online...that's 2 games buckaroos.

Bananajuice77

West Coast Listener
Jun 18, 2003
Vacaville, California
If they include the rumored and announced features it'll probably blow Live away. One of the features is launching matches from within your Home apartment and inviting friends straight from the room. So you don't have to quit or bounce around programs to set up games. As well as streaming music and video into the virtual room. You'll be able to use pics from your hard drive to decorate the room as well. Not to mention voice and text chatting as well as a trophy room.
Maybe they should work on better success with incorporating voice chat for something more useful like their MP games before bragging about upcoming voice chat for their EA sport game style "crib", or wait they're calling it "Home".

LetsDoThisLucas

Suck Me!...CBS
Feb 16, 2005
BK, NY...bitch
Is this a commercial for Sony?

You guys may not mean to do it but holy shit....from the outside looking in theres gotta be some ulterior motive

I'm just sayin