New Batman: Arkham Knight - June 23, 2015

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
http://kotaku.com/batman-arkham-origins-is-coming-this-fall-471657142

The next Batman game is called Batman: Arkham Origins, and it'll be out October 25 for PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, and PC. It's a prequel to Arkham Asylum andArkham City.
The game's plot involves eight of the world's deadliest assassins coming to Gotham City on Christmas Eve. Their target: Batman, of course. The game takes place on the streets of Gotham, according to the developers, who hyped the game in a video on Game Informer's website.Warner Bros. Montreal is making the game, taking the mantle from Rocksteady Studios, the developer behind the critically-acclaimed first two. You can see one of the villains, Deathstroke, make an appearance on the back of the Game Informer cover pictured above

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
They better not fuck this up.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Batman: Arkham Origins Announced and Dated
And Arkham: Origins Blackgate announced for handheld devices.
by Luke Karmali
April 9, 2013

Warner Bros. has announced the next title in the Batman: Arkham franchise will be Batman: Arkham Origins, currently in development for the PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii U.

It's currently slated for release on October 25 this year, but there's no mention of the game appearing on next-gen consoles.

The game, which is the subject of Game Informer's latest cover, will not be developed by Rocksteady Studios this time around, instead being worked on in-house at Warner Bros. Games Montreal.

The new development team will be using many of the assets that Rocksteady has used in the past, including its customised Unreal engine so as to try and avoid any discrepancies in the aesthetic of the franchise. Eric Holmes, lead designer of games including The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Prototype, is heading up the project.

The game will apparently take place long before both of the existing Arkham titles, when a young and inexperienced Batman will encounter many familiar villains for the first time. As can be seen in the Game Informer imagery, the assassin Deathstroke will be one such foe, making his core Arkham game debut.

Alongside the console game though, Warner Bros. has also announced a handheld title, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate. The game, which will be released on PS Vita and 3DS again on October 25, is set after the events of Arkham Origins and is being developed by Armature Studio, the company that was founded by several of the brains behind the Metroid Prime trilogy. With this in mind, it's not too surprising to find it described as a "2.5-D Metroid-style exploration action game".
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/09/batman-arkham-origins-announced?zeta_id=15539969&utm_source=Targeted Blasts&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Batman Arkham Origins Announcement_14317_762404_762411&utm_content=15539969

The new development team will be using many of the assets that Rocksteady has used in the past, including its customised Unreal engine so as to try and avoid any discrepancies in the aesthetic of the franchise. Eric Holmes, lead designer of games including The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Prototype, is heading up the project.
These things are promising.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
Red Flag: Not Rocksteady.

I'm pretty sure I'll get both games, but man, Rocksteady has set such an awesome groundwork, I'm scared that another developmental studio is taking this over.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
Red Flag: Not Rocksteady.

I'm pretty sure I'll get both games, but man, Rocksteady has set such an awesome groundwork, I'm scared that another developmental studio is taking this over.
They are working on a separate batman game.

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
Supposedly they're saying this game will use a lot of the same game elements, plus it's headed by the guy who made Ultimate Hulk (which was a GREAT game) so how bad can they screw this up? :)
I hope they're using the same writers (Paul Dini especially) and the same game code. (They did mention they're using the same build of the Unreal Engine; a good sign).

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
Supposedly they're saying this game will use a lot of the same game elements, plus it's headed by the guy who made Ultimate Hulk (which was a GREAT game) so how bad can they screw this up? :)
I hope they're using the same writers (Paul Dini especially) and the same game code. (They did mention they're using the same build of the Unreal Engine; a good sign).
Dini is not involved in this project.

Dec 12, 2007
Can anything in Batman really carry prequel stink? Batman is not exactly timeline-centric.
Prequels are like replacing a classic movies old lead with a woman or a black guy. Its lazy, predictable, and halts the flow of the current story.

If they want to put the joker in another game just find a way to bring him back from the dead. They do it in the comics all the time.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
Personally, I feel this game is a stop-gap to keep up happy until Rocksteady releases the new Batman game for the next-gen consoles.At least I hope that's the case.

As long as it isn't too offensive, I'll probably like it. How hard is it to screw up the formula that Rocksteady has put into place?

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
Personally, I feel this game is a stop-gap to keep up happy until Rocksteady releases the new Batman game for the next-gen consoles.At least I hope that's the case.

As long as it isn't too offensive, I'll probably like it. How hard is it to screw up the formula that Rocksteady has put into place?
I doubt thats the case, they've shifted this to their WB studios and took all the shit Rocksteady have been using up till now. Not having the same writers, Dini ect. seems a bit odd, game looks good in these images though

This last one reminded me of Frank Millers Batman Year One, only thing different is Bats in the background there

Last edited:

Frankie_b

Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
For most DC fans, Kevin Conroy is the definitive Batman. He voiced the character in most all animated shows, movies, and video games featuring the Caped Crusader since the early 90s. The legendary voice man lent his talents to both Batman video games (Arkham Asylum and Arkham City), but he won’t be doing it a third time with the upcoming Arkham Origins.
NAG Magazine revealed the news (via Batman-News.com) in their May issue. Conroy will not be voicing Batman this time around because WB Games Montreal wants to use a younger actor since the game focuses on a Batman in the early years of his crime fighting crusade. There’s no word right now on who will voice Batman in the new game, but with it scheduled for a October release we should be hearing more news soon. The only things we know about the game so far is that it takes place during Christmas and Batman has to face down several deadly assassins. Black Mask has put out a hit out on the Dark Knight, so Batman has to stop the would be assassins and find out what Black Mask is planning. There are some new pics from the game below from Game Informer. What do you think about someone else voicing Batman in the game?

Read more: http://www.comicbooktherapy.com/kev...-the-arkham-origins-game-141439#ixzz2RmRCMBYJ

Frankie_b

Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
Some stuff from Arkhamverse.com/games informer

“This week, we got to speak with some of the leads on Batman: Arkham Origins and ask them questions submitted by readers. Bryan Vore and Matt Miller, both of who were on our cover story trip for the game, helm the first segment. They asked GI readers for questions, and put the best of them to creative director Eric Holmes and senior producer Ben Mattes.”
Check out the newest podcast with GameInformer where they ask your questions to the Origins team!
Some interesting topics:
- other villains will make themselves known during Origins that may not necessarily be looking for Batman’s head or a bounty (Joker?)
- Riddler is in the game? (A trophy is apparently present on the GI cover; check to the right of Batman’s left thigh?)
- Jim Gordon will play a major role in the game, as he builds his relationship with Batman
- no Batmobile present
- Batman is exactly two years into his role as The Caped Crusader
- the game world in Origins is “more than twice the size” of Arkham City
GameInformer are at it again! This time they take a brief look at the art direction of Arkham Origins.
“While art director Jeremy Price and the rest of the team at Warner Bros. Games Montreal are looking to the previous Arkham titles for inspiration, they hope to leave their own mark with a couple of key differences. Since this is a prequel, Batman is a mysterious force in the streets of Gotham. Even the cops aren’t sure if he is a myth or supernatural. To emphasize this mystery and fear surrounding the character, the team is planning on amping up their use of silhouettes and film noir-esque low-key lighting to make him a more imposing figure. The developers are also taking advantage of the holiday setting for the game by creating Christmas decorations that are unique to the haunted world of Gotham City.”
Follow the link to watch the video and learn more about how the team is changing the look of Batman and how the Christmas setting will change the way you experience the game.

Game Informer has revealed that Robin does not exist in the story of Arkham Origins.
Creative Director Eric Holmes has revealed that at the time which Arkham Origins takes place, Robin does not exist yet. The idea of Robin does not exist yet, though Holmes did not deny the possibility that the beginnings of Robin’s origin might be a part of the story. This confirms that Robin will not appear in the story of Arkham Origins, though we may still catch a glimpse of Dick Grayson or the Flying Graysons at some point in the campaign.
They also discussed taking influences from the Christmas action movie classic, Die Hard. In particular, they mention the musical cues that the movie gives when John McClain has an epiphany.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
It's a teaser.... for a teaser... Head's spinning.

And yes, they did it for Arkham City, too.

And that's just rendered shit. Give me gameplay goddammit...

Frankie_b

Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
Playable Deathstroke DLC for Batman Arkham Origins Amazon Pre-Order
Posted on May 19, 2013 by Red_Robin

Amazon are offering $10 Amazon.com credit and the Playable Deathstroke DLC pack when you preorder Batman Arkham Origins.
The pack hasn’t been officially announced yet, but will possibly be mentioned at the end of tomorrow’s trailer. There are no details other than the name and the above image, but we presume that it will be a similar format to the Robin and Nightwing packs for Arkham City, in that players will be able to use the character on existing Challenge Maps, as well as coming with a couple of new ones.
We can’t say that we’re completely surprised about this as Deathstroke lends himself so well to the Arkhamverse format, it was always a question of ‘when’ rather than ‘if’.
DISCUSS
SOURCE: Amazon via The Slanted

Posted in News | Tagged Batman, Batman Arkham Origins, Deathstroke, DLC | Leave a comment
Kevin Conroy WILL Be Voicing Batman In Batman Arkham Origins – Dallas Comic-Con
Posted on May 19, 2013 by Red_Robin

Kevin Conroy WILL Be Voicing Batman In Batman Arkham Origins – Dallas Comic-Con

Apparently the source of our last Arkham Origins voice-actor news, the writers of NAG Magazine, had jumped the gun on announcing that Kevin Conroy was not voicing Batman in Arkham Origins.
During a Q&A session at Dallas Comic-Con, Kevin Conroy has announced that he has been working on the “Next Arkham game” for the past “nine or ten months”. He discusses the Non-Disclosure Agreement that the actors signed and the success of the games briefly at the beginning of the Q&A.
He doesn’t call the game by name, but the fact that he has been working on it for so long already suggests that it is Arkham Origins. It is also worth bearing in mind that we still don’t know what Rocksteady is doing next and that it’s entirely possible that he’s been recording the games back-to-back (although this is just conjecture).
You can watch the whole session, moderator by Dr Travis Langley (the author of Batman and Psychology: A Dark and Stormy Knight), below.

Frankie_b

Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
Batman: Arkham Origins The Joker Appears In Hands-on Preview
Preview

by Tim Turi on May 20, 2013 at 08:00 AM

Warner Bros. hosted a pre-E3 event in Santa Monica, California last week where I got the opportunity to play the game. I beat up some new thugs with martial arts skills, diffused a plot laid by Anarchy, and stormed a hotel hijacked by The Joker.
This prequel focuses on Bruce Wayne’s formative years as Batman, but he’s in the same fighting shape as the other two Arkham titles. Countering attacks and managing a crowd of bad guys is just as satisfying as ever. Developer Warner Bros. Games Montreal has done a great job maintaining the pitch-perfect combat controls. New enemies with fighting skills comparable to the Caped Crusader mix up standard fights. I like the gonzo, kung-fu film feel of these counter-heavy battles. These nimble bad guys should keep players on their toes.
The bad guys aren’t the only ones who have to worry about new threats – Batman is packing a new remote claw toy that lets him tether items in the environment together. This projectile-based weapons makes linking two guards together from a distance easy. You can string guards up to gargoyles or even tether one to an explosive barrel, creating a surprise they won’t see coming. The new gadget is fun and easy to use, and should open up stealth options.
Big changes are being made to crime scene investigations as well. A helicopter crashes to the ground in one section, and Batman must examine the scene and deduce what happened. Players can playback the disaster, pause, and pinpoint something interesting. In this case Batman scrubs backwards and discovers the tail propeller was blasted by a gunman. He traces the trajectory of the bullet to SWAT member on a building high above. At first glance this officer may seem like the trigger man, but the Master Detective discovers that the SWAT member was killed by another rifleman, and the same round ricocheted off a nearby wall before hitting the helicopter. Bingo. Batman decides there is only one villain that could pull off that shot: Deathstroke.
Black Mask is the main trouble maker in Arkham Origins, but other threats are loose on the streets of Gotham City besides he and Deathstroke. At one point in the demo I was grappling and gliding among the snowy rooftops when a giant image was projected onto a nearby building. A message began to play, recorded by Anarchy. This hooded figure is hell-bent on doing away with corporations and governments. He’s planted bombs in the city that Batman must diffuse. I activate my x-ray detective vision to follow a series of wires to the explosives and manually disable them. Warner Bros. says Anarchy and other villains pop up throughout the game for these optional side missions.
Unlike Anarchy, not all evil doers in Gotham can be ignored. Batman makes his way to a ritzy hotel that has been seized under Black Mask’s orders. The fancy lobby is tricked out to the nines with red and green Christmas decorations. I use the remote claw to string up the patrolling bad guys and clear a path to the elevator. On my way up I run into two familiar faces: Bane and Joker. Like Batman, these villains are still proving their “super” status. Bane is ‘roid-raging harder than usual, and the Joker demonstrates his fondness for remote-detonated bombs. He dances among a series of festively decorated explosives plungers, triggering one that blows up an unoccupied construction site in the distance. He threatens Batman that the next explosion won’t be so benign.
Warner Bros. Games Montreal is putting a lot of effort into creating a compelling new chapter in the Arkham series, both on the narrative and gameplay fronts. I like the tweaks and story and combat, but so far Arkham Origins looks par for the course as far as sequels go. But I don’t foresee anyone complaining about another fun Batman game.
For more on Batman: Arkham Origins visit our hub filled with exclusives