New Buildings In Seoul Look Just Like... Yeah... Um... What The Fuck?

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Hahaha wow.

What the Hell Were These Architects Thinking?

These luxury residential towers, set to be completed in Seoul in 2015, are supposed to be evocative of a pixelated cloud floating overhead. But to be honest, the only thing they remind me of are September 11. How did no one cry foul?

From higher angles the ten story tall pixelated cloud structure that connects the two 850+ foot towers certainly looks more whimsical, as I'm sure the architects atMVRDV intended it to be. But most people will be viewing it looking up from ground level. And I'm afraid from that angle it's very reminiscent of the images and events that were seen around the entire world that day. So I'm not really sure how the eerie similarities weren't spotted before this design was approved.

When it's completed in Seoul's Yongsan business district, The Cloud will feature luxury residential spaces, a conference center, hotel, fitness facilities, restaurants, as well as public and private park space and gardens. All of which I'm sure will be lovely on the inside. But from where I'm sitting, it looks like a horrible memory.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
The entirety of the far East is just fucking strange. I know the architects are from Rotterdamn but just... why?

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
ehh, get over it.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
of course the douche who wrote that thinks 9/11 since he wants his dumb article to go viral. i just think those buildings have tumors.
I saw the picture out of context and immediately thought that. Is it offensive? Of course not. Why would anyone design a multi million dolar project to be offensive? It's just kinda dumb and happens to look like fucking 9/11.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Aug 30, 2005
woodland critter christmas park nj
I saw the picture out of context and immediately thought that. Is it offensive? Of course not. Why would anyone design a multi million dolar project to be offensive? It's just kinda dumb and happens to look like fucking 9/11.
i think more 8-bit Rampage buildings

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Looks kinda like the remake of total recall.

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
Dec 9, 2005
Arizona
I remember a documentary on the Petronas towers and the challenges of putting a "simple" straight walk deck between them - I can't begin to fathom the engineering challenges to tie 2 extremely tall buildings with seemingly random connections...but if it stays up, I dig that kind of creativity.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Obviously not 9/11. No one's gonna spend hundreds of millions of dollars just to troll on sensitive American housewives.

And it looks pretty cool. Only issue is that quite a few of the apartments are gonna get exactly zero direct sunlight. I have a feeling those will prove hard to sell.