New England's punishment just reported on ESPN

tscho123

long time listener first time poster
Oct 17, 2005
Spy Report

Just found out on espn news that the coach is fined 500k and the team is fines 250 k and if the pats make the playoffs they have to forfit there 08 number one draft pick

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
They also will lose a 2nd and 3rd rounder if they dont make the playoffs
Thats terrible. How the hell does Belicheck not get a suspension?
A 500K fine to that team is like a parking ticket.

tscho123

Oct 17, 2005
http://espn.go.com/

BREAKING NEWS Alert

Belichick Fined; Pats Lose Pick
Bill Belichick was hit with a $500,000 fine Thursday night -- the maximum allowable by NFL by-laws -- for violating the league's policy on videotaping the Jets defensive signs Sunday. In addition, Roger Goodell notified the Patriots that they would forfeit a 2008 first-round draft choice if they reach the playoffs, or second- and third-round picks if they do not qualify for the playoffs. The club was also fined $250,000.
its under the breaking news

JimsInfectedEye

That's very hurtful, sir.
May 21, 2005
They also will lose a 2nd and 3rd rounder if they dont make the playoffs
Thats terrible. How the hell does Belicheck not get a suspension?
A 500K fine to that team is like a parking ticket.
Yup, half million is nothing to them. Big deal on the draft pick, too - they'll just buy a free agent.

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
What I wanna know is... WHY THE HELL DO THEY STILL GET A WIN????

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
So in this league, When a player cheats and does steriods he gets suspended but when an HC does it, he just pays a little money and goes back to work.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
They should lose more than one pick if they make the playoffs and the guy caught with the camera should be done for the year.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Slap on the fucking wrist. Big deal. Knew that was gonna happen.
Too much money involved in pro sports these days.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
I think you guys are way off. I know there number one will be a late round number one, but now they do not pick till the late second (that is of course if they do not have anyone elses pick). That is pretty bad. You are right on with the money, NBFD. And as far as "just buying a free agent", uh, yeah, but take a hit to the salary cap.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
I think you guys are way off. I know there number one will be a late round number one, but now they do not pick till the late second (that is of course if they do not have anyone elses pick). That is pretty bad. You are right on with the money, NBFD. And as far as "just buying a free agent", uh, yeah, but take a hit to the salary cap.
Only losing one first rounder leaves them with another. They have San Francisco's through Seattle.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Only losing one first rounder leaves them with another. They have San Francisco's through Seattle.
let's hope San Fran wins the whole fuckin' thing....

T

TheGooch

you guys quote goodfellas way too often

T

TheGooch

do i amuse you?

PCLoadLetter

Crinkle Crinkle!
Dec 10, 2004
the coach is fined 500k and the team is fines 250 k and if the pats make the playoffs they have to forfit there 08 number one draft pick
$750,000?? *pfffffft*

Also today, the world motorsports council found the McLaren Formula 1 team guilty of what amounts to industrial espionage... One of their car designers was found to have accepted design documents from a team principal at Ferrari and kept them at his house. There's no proof that McLaren actually USED those documents (or even knew that this guy had them), I understand, but the McLaren team was docked ALL the points they scored this season and all that they COULD score for the rest of the season (meaning that they will not win the team championship, which they'd pretty much locked up), and on top of that a fine of....

Wait for it....

$100,000,000.00

Not exactly the same crime, of course, but close enough. On the same day as this Patriots "fine", no less. Sounds like one sporting organization is more serious about cheating than the other, like over a hundred times more serious to the offenders' wallets.

tscho123

Oct 17, 2005
to be fair the 500k fine was the biggest allowed under nfl laws

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
I think the entire team should sit out the season! And by sit, I mean literally sit in chairs, in the naughty corner starring at a wall full of pics of the gay Peter Pan guy, with a constant stream of Mancow in the background. They are naughty, and must be punished!

PCLoadLetter

Crinkle Crinkle!
Dec 10, 2004
to be fair the 500k fine was the biggest allowed under nfl laws
Then why was the team only fined half that? Elsewhere in the world of business you'd fine the company more than the boss, not the other way around. How about half a million EACH?

tscho123

Oct 17, 2005
I think the entire team should sit out the season! And by sit, I mean literally sit in chairs, in the naughty corner starring at a wall full of pics of the gay Peter Pan guy, with a constant stream of Mancow in the background. They are naughty, and must be punished!
but that would double the amount of listeners mancow has :action-sm

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
Goodell said he had considered suspending Belichick but didn't "largely because I believe that the discipline I am imposing of a maximum fine and forfeiture of a first-round draft choice, or multiple draft choices, is in fact more significant and long-lasting, and therefore more effective, than a suspension."
They should be taking both first round picks. I still dont see how he does not get a suspension. Even if its a game, it should be done.

cozzie

head retard
Aug 7, 2005
that cracked me up :clap::clap:

it's just a slap on the wrist for the white owner and coach. There I said it , if a black player was involved then he would be sitting out all year. But the commish has to answer to the owners and not the players. I hope he wakes up with a tranny , spraying HIV juice all over him.

Cybouncer

Not Fat, Big Boned!
Feb 26, 2006
Mike & Mike were talking about this all day.

This is EXACTLY what they predicted he'd get.

Losing a 1st round pick is pretty harsh. Think of the players that have gone in the first rounds in previous years. Eh, no big thing. It's over, time to win a 4th!:action-sm

BRING ON THE CHARGERS!