New Fall Shows

o&a addict84

Apr 5, 2007
Buffalo, New York
Just wondered what new shows you might be looking forward to this fall. I'll list some of the shows I want to see and a few I don't but I still have something to say about them. If you want to you can add what you think or add others. Here I go:

Monday
Chuck(NBC): This one looks kinda funny, so I think I'll give it a shot.

K-Ville(FOX): I've seen Cole Hauser and Anthony Anderson in a bunch of stuff and I'm suprised to see Anderson in a dramatic role. Also the preview clip looked cool.

Journeyman(NBC): I'm on the fence about this one.

Dr. Steve-O(USA Network): Those of you who don't know, he was on Jackass and Wildboys. He "de-wussifies" men that are nominated by significant other or family. Yup, this looks like a winner.

Tuesday
Cavemen(ABC): I hope someone puts a bullet in my head if they catch me watching this. I can feel it in my bones this is going to be a train wreck. If this show hits I lose all faith in the collective intelligence of this country.

Reaper(THE CW): I've heard some good things about this one. A while back I heard Kevin Smith was somehow involved.

Wednesday
Back to You(FOX): I'm really looking forward to this. Kelsey Grammer is a big reason why. It seems like everything he touches turns to gold.

Bionic Woman(NBC): I wasn't even alive when the first incarnation was on the air and my Dad almost bust a nut when he found out about the new one. The previews that I've seen look really cool.

Life(NBC): This one looks interesting. I think I'll give this a try.

Manswers(Spike TV): I saw a commercial for it the other day. It looked funny and weird at the same time.

Thursday
Big Shots(ABC): I was looking forward to this show, because Chris Titus is in it. Then i saw a preview. Apparently it's a chick show that tries to pass itself off as a guy show. Very disappointing.

Tatto Wars(TLC): Think Biker Build-Off, only with tattoo artists. I might check that one out.

America's Most Smartest Model(VH1): That is the actual title and it's intentional. 14 models try rub two brain cells together to win $100,000. I seriously doubt I'll watch it, but I thought it was funny enough to post.

Friday
Moonight(CBS): I almost passed right by this one until read its description. I think I'll give it a serious look.

Saturday
Nothing that I know of for this day.

Sunday
Lucy, Daughter of the Devil(Cartoon Network/adult swim): As a fan of adult swim fan I feel obligated to at least try it. Not to mention I liked the premise.

Well, that's preatty much it. How is that for my first thread posting ever.:icon_bigg

TrybalRage

Aug 5, 2004
Kennesaw, GA
I'm afraid to get into any shows, they always fucking cancel them.

i.e. Drive, Traveler

o&a addict84

Apr 5, 2007
Buffalo, New York
Well, some of them are bound to succeed. I mean at some point they have to replace the shows that ride into the sunset and the others that suffer quick and painful death. Last year I was a hugh of The Black Donnellys on NBC and I livid when they canceled it. It even signed an online petition, but fat load of good that did.

You just have to except the fact our favorite shows will leave at some point or another.

Except for The Simpsons.:haha7:

NikkorTheMonk

Apr 26, 2005
Bionic Woman, end it at two seasons and be done with it. Dont drag it on like that piece of shit Alias. Sorry to you Alias fans.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Bionic Woman, end it at two seasons and be done with it. Dont drag it on like that piece of shit Alias. Sorry to you Alias fans.
Why are you sorry? Most Alias fans would agree with you.

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
Seems like there is a lot of shit coming out. I can't think of anything I'm excited for.

Aug 12, 2005
PA
I might give K-Ville a shot. I'm sure it won't last though.

Most of the new shows coming out look fucking awful. Especially Bionic Woman.

o&a addict84

Apr 5, 2007
Buffalo, New York
I might give K-Ville a shot. I'm sure it won't last though.

Most of the new shows coming out look fucking awful. Especially Bionic Woman.
I guess I'm a little more optimistic then most.:icon_roll

To be perfectly honest I'm looking forward to more returning shows then new.

Aug 12, 2005
PA
I guess I'm a little more optimistic then most.:icon_roll

To be perfectly honest I'm looking forward to more returning shows then new.
You would be correct. I'm a realist. :icon_mrgr

And like you I'm looking forward to more returning shows.

ginaf20697

Jul 26, 2005
NH
As an Alias fan I knew not even to watch Lost because JJ Abrams has the attention span of a flea. This year I'm looking forward to Dirty Sexy Money (hey with Peter Krause and Donald Sutherland it HAS to be good) and Reapers. Might watch Chuck too. Depends on how much I can cram into my overloaded TV schedule.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
I've seen almost every network pilot (gotta love the friends working at the talent agencies) if anyone has questions ask. Here's a bit of a rundown.

I thought Chuck was a lot of fun, but I read it, a lot of people who watched it without reading it (before the commercials started airing) didn't like it. You have to suspend your belief and swallow this big pill that this guy becomes a living computer. If you can do that it's a lot of fun. The chick is hot, it's funny, and has some cool action.

Journeyman was great, also slightly confusing, but I loved it. I think they're doing a better job getting across what's going on in the show than Chuck is. I hate to be a fag, but the ending almost brought tears to my eyes.

Aliens In America, on the CW is the best new sitcom of the year, I know it's not on a lot of peoples radar but it's worth watching, it's like The Wonder Years, if it was written by the team behind Arrested Development.

K-Ville, I only saw half of it, the fucking dvd crapped out on me, but I really liked what I saw.

Life, great concept, very cool show, but don't think it had enough to pull me in on a weekly basis.

Gossip Girl, hot teen chicks, wearing sweet short skirt private school outfits, I'll be dvr'ing it every week. Reminded me of the first season of The OC (same people behind it) might be cool.

Reaper was a lot of fun, but honestly I can only see it getting one season. Hopefully the writing will be like Veronica Mars.

Pushing Daisies, cool, looks like a Tim Burton movie, I can't see it lasting. It will be like "Wonderfalls" "Drive" and some of these other Tim Minear type shows that can't last even with the diehard fans.

Big Shots, sucked, skip it, please.

Dirty Sexy Money, not my kind of show, but pretty good, I think it will be the buzz show of the fall, shows like Access Hollywood will be talking about it daily.

Moonlight, pretty good, but I think half the cast has been replaced since the pilot.

Bionic Woman, same as moonlight, a bunch of recasting, all for the better.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Is Journeyman a kind of Quantum Leap as some of the teasers seem to hint at ?
Yes. It's not exactly explained how he is jumping back and forth in time in the pilot. But he is doing it to help out a family, kind of like Quantum Leap. There isn't a device that makes him jump, it just happens.

I'm really looking forward to this one.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Isn't Moonlight a rehash of "Forever Knight"
I'll admit I didn't watch "Forever Knight" so I IMDB'd it.

Yeah it seems kind of similar. It was also like a grown up "Angel" and also kind of similar to Fox's New Amsterdam (he's not a Vampire, just been alive for 400 hundred years).

They did recast some parts, casting one actor from Veronica Mars, and the part he is playing was played by someone much older in the pilot, so I don't know how much it will ultimately change.

This one seems like a big question mark for me, just too hard to call right now. But it's a million times better than Viva Laughlin, which I predict will be the first show axed on CBS.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
wow looks like a bunch of shit, thank god for my dvds!
There's no real standouts this year like "Heroes" or "Lost" but I think it should be pretty fun to see what's dead on arrival.

I'm excited by Chuck and Journeyman, along with Heroes it's the first block of network programing I'd probably watch straight from 8-11 in a long time.

And Reaper, Aliens in America, and Gossip Girl, on CW will be three fun shows, won't get great ratings but who knows.

And with the possible SAG, WGA, and DGA strikes next year, there is that slim chance we might be looking at nothing but reruns, game shows, and awful reality shows next fall, and I'll always take scripted shows over that.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
There's no real standouts this year like "Heroes" or "Lost" but I think it should be pretty fun to see what's dead on arrival.

I'm excited by Chuck and Journeyman, along with Heroes it's the first block of network programing I'd probably watch straight from 8-11 in a long time.

And Reaper, Aliens in America, and Gossip Girl, on CW will be three fun shows, won't get great ratings but who knows.

And with the possible SAG, WGA, and DGA strikes next year, there is that slim chance we might be looking at nothing but reruns, game shows, and awful reality shows next fall, and I'll always take scripted shows over that.
I wanna See Reaper

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
New shows never interest me anymore, Black Donnelys was awesome though, despite being generic and over done.

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
I saw the pilot of Lucy: Daughter of the Devil a long time ago. It was funny as shit. And pretty much Sunday Night [adult swim] is the only TV I watch anymore. I'm definatly looking foward it it coming on full time

NikkorTheMonk

Apr 26, 2005
I saw the pilot of Lucy: Daughter of the Devil a long time ago. It was funny as shit. And pretty much Sunday Night [adult swim] is the only TV I watch anymore. I'm definatly looking foward it it coming on full time

Loved that Pilot, it aired like almost two years ago. Another Brendon Small project. This guy is all over the place on Adult Swim.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0806430/

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
NBC is all about the sci-fi stuff now that Heroes took off huh? No way I'm trying any Fox show. They are the worst.