New Foo

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
Anyone else pick this up? I really like it. Every song but the last one is awesome. I hope they tour, but I heard Dave's voice is shot to shit from the past year and a half.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
They are currently touring...next weekend in Atlantic City, as a matter of fact. Saw them on the last tour and it was an excellent show.
Yeah they're good, but I don't wanna spend $95 to see them. I saw them last year with Weezer for like $45. They put on a great show.

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
It's My Birthday!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
Yeah they're good, but I don't wanna spend $95 to see them. I saw them last year with Weezer for like $45. They put on a great show.
QFT!!! Best show I've ever went to at Meadowlands Arena, Foofs and Weezer.

I got the new album for my birf. It's definitely a "different" Foo Fighters album. The only fast paced, loud songs on there are The Pretender, Let It Die, and Cheer Up Boys (Your Makeup Is Running). But Grohl's doing some experimenting with some softer stuff. I almost see this new album as a continuation or offshoot of the In Your Honor acoustic CD.

It works for me! I'm one of those people who really didn't like Nirvana and always knew Grohl was being held back. He can really do a ton of stuff and make it all sound great.

My favorite song on the new album is Summer's End. That's the most chill song I've heard in a while!

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.
Not to be a music snob (because I'm not) but I've never been big on the Foos. I thought "Colour and the Shape" was great and still think that Everlong was the best song of the 90s, but there's something missing from their music. Just seems a bit empty - there's something almost joyless about their music. I can't even really describe it, but there's something missing from their music.

It's awesome that he never really got pigeonholed as "the drummer from Nirvana" and I'm glad he's a star in his own right, but everything about Nirvana - the music, the image, the country at the time, the tragic end - was fucking magical and I don't think he can eclipse it, Creampier. I'll pick it up on your advice though. It's not that I dislike their music, just don't love it.

Creampier

It's My Birthday!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
Not to be a music snob (because I'm not) but I've never been big on the Foos. I thought "Colour and the Shape" was great and still think that Everlong was the best song of the 90s, but there's something missing from their music. Just seems a bit empty - there's something almost joyless about their music. I can't even really describe it, but there's something missing from their music.

It's awesome that he never really got pigeonholed as "the drummer from Nirvana" and I'm glad he's a star in his own right, but everything about Nirvana - the music, the image, the country at the time, the tragic end - was fucking magical and I don't think he can eclipse it, Creampier. I'll pick it up on your advice though. It's not that I dislike their music, just don't love it.
It's all good, man! Nirvana beats the spandex pants off the faggotty glam/hair metal bands that preceded them. I think my dislike for them stems from their FM radio overkill over the years. I was more into the Alice in Chains, Screaming Trees, and Soundgarden grunge stuff. That's what I was first exposed to growing up.

I first saw the Foos in 2000 and they put on a great show. That's what really got me into them. And I agree with you, the Colour and the Shape reigns supreme!

Stig

Wackbag's All-Time Greatest Heel
Jul 26, 2005
NH
I saw the Worcester show of that tour. Both bands were great. Also saw the Foos a couple of years before that on their previous tour.
They are an awesome live band.

BigJewishTits

Oct 4, 2004
Long Island
i think it's a really good cd. if "but honestly" rocked from the begining, it would be a great cd. I even like the last song. great show at the borgata. just wish they would've played aurora, which was on the setlist, but never got around to playing it (as well as d.o.a.)

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
I really like the new CD. Every song is good. "Cheer Up Boys (Your Makeup is Running)" is great. His voice on "Statues" sounds kind of like Paul McCartney to me.

NikkorTheMonk

Apr 26, 2005
Foo are the musical guest on SNL this week, with Bon Jovi as the guest host.

Creampier

It's My Birthday!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
Did anyone see the performance?! Not one of their better ones. There was a mishap at the beginning when the guitars kicked in. Grohl's voice sounded shot to shit. I think he needs a break at the end of their current tour. It was cool seeing Pat Smear back with them!!!

[YT]5Qvbeet6zTM[/YT]

peopleselbow

YiChen BuddhaChrist
Jan 25, 2006
Chicago
I like the CD a lot. Foo Fighters are a favorite of mine.

The trouble is, Colour and Shape is one of the all time greatest CD's and they have yet to equal that greatness and I keep comparing all of the other Foo stuff to that.

slackjaw

an angry, angry man
May 23, 2007
Smear barely played 2 chords the whole time. I didn't get that at all, and haven't cared for his efforst with either Nirvana, or FF

The Foo Fighters are the Pontiac Grand Am of rock music.
:mad4: ;)

I'm a die hard FF fan, and I don't think Dave Grohl can do any wrong. That said, I think this recent disc is pretty ambitious. I think that's also the reason for the "failure" at SNL.

It's much more an epic album. Great, but different. I am partial to their straight up stuff of the past. As others have said here, Colour and Shape, just an unbelievable album of rock songs. They followed that with 2 or 3 albums that were every bit as solid. jmo

:action-sm