New Game, Dishonoured.

GrammatonCleric

Nov 19, 2008
[YT]E1HlYTukh9A[/YT]

This looks like a badass Assassin's Creed with 1st person view and steampunk setting.

I absolutely can't wait.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Dishonored

first-person stealth action adventure video game developed by Arkane Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks.

follows Corvo Attano, a legendary bodyguard to the Empress who is framed for her murder and forced to become an assassin to seek revenge on those who conspired against him. Attano is aided in his quest by the Outsider, a powerful being who imbues him with magical abilities.
Dishonored

Wikipedia

'Dishonored' Review
Joystiq

Wiki

Gameplay Trailer

IGN

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
I would get it but I want to hear how it runs on the ps3. I don't want a repeat of Skyrim.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I would get it but I want to hear how it runs on the ps3. I don't want a repeat of Skyrim.
Huh? I never noticed any issues with Skyrim.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
Apr 14, 2004
Just outside NYC
I will be getting this. Not sure when but I will have it.

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
May 4, 2005
Long Island NY
This was off my radar but great reviews across the board. I'm so behind on great games I don't know when I'll get to this one

kidconnor

55gallon hog
Mar 16, 2005
brooklyn
Had this in my hands today and put.it down until I can finish darkaiders 2. Haven't started NHL 13 yet. This may be my next game...

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
There is no graphic improvement over the Xbox version on the PC. Heard it's as a good game, but it kind of sucks when consoles set the bar on game performance.

Dec 12, 2007
Started the game, got a hour or so in.

The graphics look fine. Not everything has to look like crysis level graphics to be good.

Evil Star

Snow Crash
Dec 7, 2008
Dublin, Ireland

The graphics look fine. Not everything has to look like crysis level graphics to be good.
I agree, with a few tweaks on PC it looks very pretty and the art-style is superb. It's my favourite game this year although I've yet to play XCOM which I'll start playing tomorrow.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan

Never said it did, just that the bar shouldn't be set by what consoles can handle Most games look perfectly fine on medium settings, but it's nice to be able to crank it up if you have a decent monitor and graphics card.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
Never said it did, just that the bar shouldn't be set by what consoles can handle Most games look perfectly fine on medium settings, but it's nice to be able to crank it up if you have a decent monitor and graphics card.
Why shouldn't it? Console gaming makes up most of the gaming market these days.

Companies are not going to spend the extra millions to optimize their games for computers when 90% of their consumer base plays on a console. It would be a poor use of money.

Dec 12, 2007
But don't you value art style and gameplay over graphics? I know I do.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
Why shouldn't it? Console gaming makes up most of the gaming market these days.

Companies are not going to spend the extra millions to optimize their games for computers when 90% of their consumer base plays on a console. It would be a poor use of money.
It doesn't cost Millions more to create textures that look just as good close up as far away. 90 percent is retail sales. If you include digital Distributions and subscription services, PC sales are lot bigger than it would seem.

But don't you value art style and gameplay over graphics? I know I do.
Why should you only have one or the other?

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
It doesn't cost Millions more to create textures that look just as good close up as far away. 90 percent is retail sales. If you include digital Distributions and subscription services, PC sales are lot bigger than it would seem.
Let's not forget piracy. That's another reason the game developers don't give a shit about the computer gamer anymore.

Just as quick as a game goes on the shelf or on steam its posted on the pirate bay.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
Care to give us your ridiculous reason why pc gaming is going downhill since developers going where the money is at is not an acceptable reason for you.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
Care to give us your ridiculous reason why pc gaming is going downhill since developers going where the money is at is not an acceptable reason for you.
No, I could just give a fuck about this argument you are trolling for. The reasons are obvious and I think it sucks. You are not telling us anything we don't know.

Dec 12, 2007
This game is fucking fun as fuck. I played another few hours today, the blink ability rules.

Monstercloud

Feb 15, 2005
NH
Beat the game a couple days ago. While it's fun, the powers completely break the game on any difficulty level. If you wanted the game to be challenging, you'd need to restrict yourself from doing things like buying powers/killing and the sort, which the former kind of defeats the appeal of the game. Dark vision aka wall hacks completely ruin the whole suspense. Not a bad game, but I wouldn't buy it full price, maybe like $30-35.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery
If I have the money I might get this for the pc. I'm getting AC3 when it comes out, but I may have some extra money coming my way. I watched a playthrough of this and it looks awesome the only drawback is that it seems pretty short.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
Beat the game a couple days ago. While it's fun, the powers completely break the game on any difficulty level. If you wanted the game to be challenging, you'd need to restrict yourself from doing things like buying powers/killing and the sort, which the former kind of defeats the appeal of the game. Dark vision aka wall hacks completely ruin the whole suspense. Not a bad game, but I wouldn't buy it full price, maybe like $30-35.
I've heard that killing is like throwing gasoline on a fire, with the plague and other stuff getting more difficult in later parts of the game. I like the look of this universe, but it's a Stealth game and not really my thing.