OpieRadio Logo
Anthony Cumia Show Logo
Jim Norton Logo

New Iphone

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices' started by THE FEZ MAN, Jan 8, 2018.

1. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

ok, since there is this battery hullabaloo with I phone I’m contemplating buying a new one, if I do it I will get the X because I’m a fancy fuck, option two is to just get a new battery for my 6s which works fine for the most part, I think the trouble I’m having is battery related, I’m nowhere near as hard in phones as I used to be but the all glass design of the x does scare me a little.

And before you all start, Fuck Android, I’m all in with Apple I’ve git too much tied up in it and, I like the complete effortless fluidity between all my Apple devices, with the exception of the last few months where my phone has been flakey (obviously the battery issue)

2. Mags

Mags Edgelord
    Donator

Dude get the 8. The new operating system makes the 6 feel slow. I got the 8 and it’s the same size but works like a 6 on steriods.

I played with the X and although it’s kinda cool, wasn’t impressed.

#2 Mags, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  3. NotSoFast

NotSoFast Registered User

Upgrade to either the 8 or X. Like Mags said, the older phones get slower with every update. Slower processors and less memory don't mesh well.

4. MurphCO

MurphCO Well-Known Member
    Donator

The home button on the 8 isn’t a button anymore, they have a fake button click feel......and the speaker seems to be somewhat louder

That’s the difference between my 6s (personal) and my 8 (work)

5. NotSoFast

NotSoFast Registered User

The 7 has the same fake "button". After a couple of days. I never noticed.

Ballbuster1 likes this.
  6. THE FEZ MAN

I’m still contemplating what to do, I honestly don’t use my phone anywhere near it’s potential, I surf hugbook when board, wack bag, use the calculator and text, I rarely use the phone as a phone since I have no friends that call me other than assman and my mother(shocking I know) the camera I do use which is gobbling up my memory since I only have a 16gb phone
    So, a $1000 replacement might be overkill when I can replace the battery for 40$ or less.
    I am going to have to put hands on to decide, I have no interest in one of those giant ones, my 6s fits nicely in my pocket, even with the giant case I have.

7. Mags

Mags Edgelord
    Donator

The bump feel is faaaaar better than the shitty 6 button feel. It’s a win for me.

8. Mags

Mags Edgelord
    Donator

The 8 is the same size. Same case.

THE FEZ MAN likes this.
  9. SatansCheerledr

SatansCheerledr Ideologically Unsound

Shut up and just get yourself a Hello Kitty phone ya' fruit cup Mary.

10. MurphCO

Donator

Yeah I notice that I miss clicking the old button, meaning it hit it, but it doesn’t always register, but the fake button on the 8 works every time

Mags likes this.
  11. stellarcomics

stellarcomics Registered User

I bought the X for my wife. She loves it. It’s awesome-ly futuristic looking. Performs the same as any iPhone. I have a 6s and it’s doing the same battery shit. I got a battery case to staunch the bleeding until my contract is up.

MurphCO and THE FEZ MAN like this.
  12. THE FEZ MAN

My contract is up, and my wife gave the permission to buy a new one if I wanted, but, in the same breath she said “your phone is paid off the bill went down” I’m tempted to buy the new one and replace the battery in the old one wipe it, and give it to the sister in law who’s phone bill we pay, and who has an uncanny ability to smash phones like no one I’ve ever met

stellarcomics likes this.
  13. MurphCO

Donator

What service do you use, and how long has it been since you upgraded?

You can lease to own phones now for a lot cheaper, and trade them in on a new one like every two years

So if you never lose or destroy phones it’s a good deal

14. stellarcomics

stellarcomics Registered User

I’m on Verizon and I got this one last spring when my 6 plus died. I have another year or I can buy it out.

15. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

is this her?
    [​IMG]

16. THE FEZ MAN

We are on Verizon, but Honestly? I have no clue about anything phone related, I haven’t since back in 1992 when I had a “car phone” then had no phone for probably 10 years, and ever since, my women have dealt with that bullshit, even after my divorce, after my phone got cut off, I don’t remember what I did other than took the “free phone” offered to me with what ever 2 year deal I took at the time just to get my phone turned back on so I could keep in touch with my hoes

17. THE FEZ MAN

Just the smashed phone part, for what ever bizarre reason, she never buys a case for it, and inevitably smashes it within months of getting a new one, I almost think she does it on purpose to insure we allow her to upgrade as soon as one is available to us, there are 4 phones on our plan, and she has used two upgrades (3 if you include the first one) my wife had to buy her last phone cash because of it

18. Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein Infidel and White Interloper
    Wackbag Staff

My wife breaks shit all the time in order to get something new. She thinks I haven't figured it out yet.

But, her current phone is in an Otterbox Defender case, going on two-years and it's in flawless condition.

THE FEZ MAN likes this.
  19. THE FEZ MAN

Bob smashed her I pad on the pool deck, like really good, so I replaced the screen (with limited success) and wen out and bought her a new one, I asked the kid in the Apple store “I need a case for this that you would recommend for a child”

Sinn Fein and NotSoFast like this.
  20. Sinn Fein

Sinn Fein Infidel and White Interloper
    Wackbag Staff

I ask for a case that a chimpanzee with epilepsy couldn't destroy.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

THE FEZ MAN likes this.
  21. JoeyDVDZ

JoeyDVDZ That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!

Otterbox Defender on my last three phones, all three (my current S8+, a Note 4 and a Note 2) all still functioning perfectly. Otterbox is the bee's knees. Also, they'll replace any part that breaks for $5 shipping. I've had three holsters and two inner cases replaced. Worth their weight in gold.

Sinn Fein likes this.
  22. TreeFortRichard

Probably makes a bad ass tip calculator too...
    [​IMG]

THE FEZ MAN likes this.
  23. THE FEZ MAN

I have an otter box on my I pad, I played with an X and an 8 today at Costco, meh, it’s an iPhone

24. TreeFortRichard

I use the otterbox commuter for my iPhone 6. It makes it easy to slip in and out of a pants pocket while still preserving, protecting and defending my phone..
    BTW I haven't updated my phone in nearly a year because of the fucking around Apple does. When an update rolls out I wait and read peoples responses..IF there is not a specific security reason to update I don't/

THE FEZ MAN likes this.
  25. THE FEZ MAN

So, my wife tried to call me several times last night and my phone was dumping into voicemail so, I’m thinking that an 8 is in my not to distant future

Mags likes this.