New Jay-Z album kicks ass

peewee

Aug 10, 2003
the title of the thread pretty much speaks for itself. the new jay-z album american gangster kicks ass. i guess he realized his last album sucked so he went back to more of a black album style. the whole album is done as the character frank lucas from american gangster, so all the songs are pretty much about selling heroin.

anybody else pick up the album? if so what do you think?

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
I like it, it's something he hasn't done in a while, lyrical content over "club bangers".

I actually like the fact that you really can't pick a single out of the album. The closest thing is probably the lil wayne track.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
Im going to be burning this album shortly. All my friends say its pretty hot, i just have yet to give it a listen.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
oh yeah? how many biggie, tupac, rakim and kane lines/whole songs did he take? jayz is the most overrated anything, ever

Sep 10, 2005
Its actually good? I feel like jay-z is the biggest pop crap...

Papagolash

24.24.2.2194 [Incarcerated]
Wackbag Staff
Nov 11, 2001
I thought he retired

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
I'm gonna check it out. That's why I love the napster subscription thing. Doesn't take a commitment of time or money to check out something.

unklewilly

Nov 13, 2006
Didnt he retire like 5 years ago? Must be some old tracks he found in his basement...

Aug 12, 2005
oh yeah? how many biggie, tupac, rakim and kane lines/whole songs did he take? jayz is the most overrated anything, ever
I agree. I remember a few years back he was asked in an interview why he was rated the best rapper of all time. He said it was his flow. Granted I don't listen to much rap anymore but his flow is fuckin awful. He has none. Just my opinion.

justifyyourgarb

You drab South Bend cocksuckers are all the same.
Mar 15, 2007
Not just even classic lines. He jacks shit from 40 Cal, Nas, Cam'ron, etc.
I'm not really into rap, but my old roomate was, and he played this for me once. It's Jay-Z jacking a bunch of peoples shit.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riuNQ-XrC7A[/MEDIA]

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
Rap is dead= T.I and bow wow LOL. Jay can't save it all by himself. He said essentially "no more one hit wonders, it's time for the artist again." O.K. well bring on Eminem to smoke Jay, bring on Nas to smoke em both, bring on Dre with Detox, where's Ja-Rule (as much as I hate him,,,,he needs to return), where's the love for Redman, where's Wu Tang?

Rap is dead

Jun 22, 2003
Not just even classic lines. He jacks shit from 40 Cal, Nas, Cam'ron, etc.
I'm not really into rap, but my old roomate was, and he played this for me once. It's Jay-Z jacking a bunch of peoples shit.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riuNQ-XrC7A[/media]
Half of the lines that JayZ "stole" come from songs released after his song. Rema Ma from Lean back was last summer, JayZs song was from Blueprint which was released 2003.

The Young Jeezy line was taken from Jay Z since Jeezy came out about 6 months ago.

He wrote with Cam'Ron when he was on Rocafella so some of those mixtape lines came from the same song. There is a line that he took from Eminem on American Gangster.

Hes the greatest rapper out now. The greatest rap group is still WuTang hands down and they are probably the most down to earth dudes ever.

PS This video shows OTHER artists that take from Jay Z way not to prove your point

Youre looking for this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqScH2CfYTg&feature=related

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
Half of the lines that JayZ "stole" come from songs released after his song. Rema Ma from Lean back was last summer, JayZs song was from Blueprint which was released 2003.

The Young Jeezy line was taken from Jay Z since Jeezy came out about 6 months ago.

He wrote with Cam'Ron when he was on Rocafella so some of those mixtape lines came from the same song. There is a line that he took from Eminem on American Gangster.

Hes the greatest rapper out now. The greatest rap group is still WuTang hands down and they are probably the most down to earth dudes ever.

PS This video shows OTHER artists that take from Jay Z way not to prove your point
thats the wrong jay is a biter version. this is the right one. only the classics. and its leaving out the whole songs hes ripped off like tupacs 'me and my girlfriend' and kanes 'warm it up'
[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=RqScH2CfYTg[/MEDIA]

shamelesss

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
The best rapper alive is Lil Wayne. He knows how to make his money with pop shit and then puts out amazing mix tapes.

Aug 12, 2005
Rap is dead= T.I and bow wow LOL. Jay can't save it all by himself. He said essentially "no more one hit wonders, it's time for the artist again." O.K. well bring on Eminem to smoke Jay, bring on Nas to smoke em both, bring on Dre with Detox, where's Ja-Rule (as much as I hate him,,,,he needs to return), where's the love for Redman, where's Wu Tang?

Rap is dead
I believe I saw that Ja Rule just released a new cd this past tuesday.

ringofhonor88

Opie's number 1 fan
Oct 29, 2006
I'll never buy another cd from this n because he said he was retireing after the black album and I got that shitty cd.