New Jersey News: Jaguars fan shoots teen rooting for Patriots

MJMANDALAY

Monday January 14, 2008, 8:23 PM
An aggravated Jaguars fan shot a teenager after the youth persisted in rooting for the Patriots as the pair watched the game on TV, East Orange police said today.

Tomajj Coleman, 31, of South Harrison Street was arrested about 8:45 a.m. at his job on Walsh Drive in Parsippany, Detective Andrew DiElmo said. DiElmo said Coleman, a convicted felon, shot a 17-year-old during the NFL divisional playoff in which the New England Patriots beat the Jacksonville Jaguars Saturday night.

Three others - including the victim and the woman who allowed them to watch the game in her Clifford Street home - were arrested as police investigated the 10 p.m. shooting, authorities said.

"The victim was rooting for the Patriots, and the suspect, apparently rooting for the Jaquars, had forewarned the victim not to root for the Patriots anymore," DiElmo said. "The victim challenged him on it, the suspect pulled out a handgun, shot him in the left thigh and then fled the scene."

The victim, identified only as an Amherst Street resident, was taken to University Hospital in Newark, where he was treated and released, DiElmo said. At about 2:55 a.m. today, police charged the teenager with possession of marijuana, DiElmo said.

Meanwhile, Coleman, a convicted felon, awaits arraignment on aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and other weapons-related charges, as well as possession of marijuana, DiElmo said.

Coleman spent time in prison for 2002 convictions in Essex County on robbery and unlawful possession of a handgun charges, according to state Administrative Office of the Courts records.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
They busted the kid who got shot with possession of weed?

Point and laugh.

P

Pest in PDX

Jags fan isn't even as good as Raider fan.

At least Raider fan killed the Charger fan he was after.

Savages.

Fr. Dougal

It's time forrrrrrrrrrrrr...

GUESS.... THE.... RACE!!!!

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
What the fuck kind of cop charges a kid that gets shot with possession? And cops wonder why people hate them.

The kid got SHOT, shitdick. I think he can have a pass on a little misdemeanor.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Man, i would be fucking pissed if i was the kid. I just got shot and need some fucking pain relief. Dont take my weeeeeeeed maaaaaaaaaaann...

Beeman99

um, the guy that shot the kid had the weed

Top Bottom