New Kids On The Block Stage Comeback

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005

After months of speculation and rumor, the Kids are coming back. A well-placed source tells PEOPLE exclusively that New Kids On The Block are indeed getting back together.

The band's Web site, www.nkotb.com, which had been dormant, is now back up and running in anticipation of the official announcement, which the source says will be made in the next few weeks.

The site currently features a television graphic with a fuzzy, flickering photos of NKOTB in their heyday, and a link inviting fans to sign up for info.

The boy band, which made legions of tweens swoon in the early '90s, selling more than 50 million albums, became a worldwide phenomenon before calling it quits in 1994.

Eighteen years later, they're still "Hangin' Tough." The oldest "Kid," Jonathan Knight, now a real estate developer, will turn 40 later this year. Since the band's demise, former members Donnie Wahlberg, 38, and Joey McIntyre, 35, have seen acting success, while Danny Wood, 38, has worked as a music producer and Knight's brother, Jordan, 37, has continued to record.

HerkyJerkyLiz

Posts below off topic.
Oct 14, 2004
although i would love for this to happen i highly doubt it will. theyve interviewed them tons of times prior to this and most of them werent into it. especially jonathan.. he was on a talkshow because he apparently suffers from MAJOR anxiety and doesnt want to get on stage again. guess ill have to stick to my vhs tapes.

Rattlehead

Hey Asshole Face!
Jan 19, 2008
Hopefully they'll be starring in some raghead's decapitation video.......

Mark Wahlberg's brother is the only remotely cool one (he was in Saw) but being the coolest new kid is like being the fattest person with AIDS

PALLY

Jun 28, 2005
jersey
how exciting...who wants to go to the comeback show with me??? anyone??????

Got One?

.....and she was a stewardess.
Aug 3, 2004
ak-ROWDY

Mark Wahlberg's brother is the only remotely cool one (he was in Saw) but being the coolest new kid is like being the fattest person with AIDS
wait.... detective matthews????? no way

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY

See that its why I don't see it happening. Donnie is actually a pretty good actor, why the hell would he want to fuck up his acting career by reliving ancient history. History only women my age are going to remember.

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
First the Police, then Van Halen and now THIS?????

It seems the while 80's nostalgia music thing has taken a dark turn.

Jan 3, 2006
In Fleas Mom's Box
For all of you kids who had a new kids poster on your door as a kid, this is great news. Get ready to put on your dancing shoes kids, this...is wonderful day!

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
how exciting...who wants to go to the comeback show with me??? anyone??????
FUCK yeah! For some reason I loved the rat-tailed Donnie. I had the jacket, the slap bracelet, the pink flip-watch, sheets...I really was a fucking dolt BUT I was young and impressionable, so fuck you all.

Absolutely

Self-Heavy
Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh...
Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh...

How gay is this, I remember listening to "Hangin Tough" on tape while I played on my swingset. I was 5

Steam

May 18, 2003
VH1 tried to make this happen for Bands Reunited and were met with major resistance. But money probably will play a huge factor in this. Personally, I can't wait.

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
So I'm a fucking dolt and saw them on the Today show making their "official" reunion announcement. (They alleged that the info leaked and that is the only reason they addressed it. That old gag.) One of them looked fucking awful but the rest pretty much looked the same only....older. They even had the screaming fans holding up 20 year old memorabilia and wanting to grab their cocks. At least I'm not that bad.