New MGS4: Guns of the Patriot info

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
"Yeah, I'll take the garbage out right after this cutscene..."

Snake2k9

C'mon Sonnen.
You skip and pause them if you want,not like other games where you HAVE to watch the cutscenes when you don't give a fuck about the story.

shimrra

Hello Ladies
You skip and pause them if you want,not like other games where you HAVE to watch the cutscenes when you don't give a fuck about the story.
Yeah but the one thing separates MGS from your average action stealth game is the story line. So whether you like it or not you are going to have to sit there and watch them.

I was wondering if anyone knows just out of curiosity how long is the install for this game? Since reports before said that this game takes up the whole Blue Ray disc does this mean that there is no need to install the game and you can run it off the disc?

Snake2k9

C'mon Sonnen.
http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=187049
"From CVG today comes a pretty wild rumor about Metal Gear Solid 4: the penultimate title in the Solid Snake series will feature rather lengthy cutscenes.

How lengthy? Try 90 minutes. And that's not 90-minutes in total, that's a 90-minute cutscene.
Trouble is, it's not entirely accurate. Will MSG4 have lengthy cutscenes, like the 45-minute one in MGS2? Yes, says GamePro's own Sid Shuman, but nowhere near 90 minutes.

"I've beat the game twice, and am the author of the forthcoming [GamePro] review," Shuman said. "Ninety-minute-long cinemas in MGS4 sounds like an exaggeration. Like the other MGS games, MGS4 definitely has a cinematic quality. And yes, some of the cut-scenes in the game are elaborate and occasionally lengthy. But not a one, to my recollection, even approaches 90 minutes.

"I think it's safe to say that the '90 minutes cinemas' claim is a pretty big exaggeration," he told GamePro News.

Unknown at this time is whether or not the cutscenes, 90-minutes or otherwise, are skippable. UPDATE@1:15 EST: Cut scenes are skippable.

That said, there's one more rumor out there today that looks to have some weight to it. A purported pic of a MGS4 display case revealed that the game could come with an oft-maligned PS3 mandatory install. In this case, it appears to be about 4.6GB.

GamePro will update as we learn more."

shimrra

Hello Ladies

lilherojimmy

You can delete the install data, and still keep your saved game data on your HD, so it's not as big a deal as people make it out to be.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Or spend 80$ and never worry about game installs ever again.

boardsofcanada

You're a Charcoal Briquette..ditsoon..a moolinyan
holy shit does that look good...but FUCK they might as well make it a fucking movie and not a game.

Turtle

WACKBAGGER
I can't wait for someone to upload the entire game on youtube/dailymotion and watch it comfortably without spending $500!
I can't wait for you to leave

90 minute cutscenes?

90 fucking minutes??
I can't believe this is not misinformation or a chapter with a total of 90 minutes. How the hell do you get to a part in the game where you set down the controller for an hour and a half??

patcooper

I can't believe this is not misinformation or a chapter with a total of 90 minutes. How the hell do you get to a part in the game where you set down the controller for an hour and a half??
it's bullshit. plenty of reviewers have played through the entire game and have said there are lots of long cutscenes but none are near 90 minutes.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
I can't wait for someone to upload the entire game on youtube/dailymotion and watch it comfortably without spending $500!
Because that $500 would be better spent on Norton.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Read Snake2k9's post in this thread people...

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Reposting the links from another thread, but here is the first 10 minutes of MGS4:
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/18834

(The first 2 minutes translated in English):
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/18829

MGS 1-3 has always been more cinematic than most games. Why should anyone be surprised that MGS4 is going to have lengthy cinematics, especially if this chapter is supposed to answer all the questions and tie up all the loose ends from the first 3 games? Besides, if the cutscenes look this good, I won't mind sitting back and watching them.

And if the last 2 games are any indication, you probably won't just be sitting back during the cinematics, like in MGS2 when you had to point the D-mic around to be able to hear the 3-way conversation or in MGS3 when you had to switch to 1st person at certain times to be able to retrieve the codec frequency.

Steam

Can't wait for this to come out, mainly so I can buy the bundle and finally get myself a PS3. I just hope that I can figure out how to import all of my Fire Pro saves.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head

JMCC

9.9? Blasphemy!!!!!

Top Bottom