OpieRadio Logo
Anthony Cumia Show Logo
Jim Norton Logo

New OApedia Page and Archive of O&A Original Songs

Discussion in 'Classic Opie & Anthony General Discussion' started by Machinus, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Machinus

Machinus New Wackbag

Over the years, the O&A show produced many original songs for contests, as bits, by members of the staff, and in mocking the news. Many of these songs were performed by professional musicians and producers, some working for the show, and some independently. For example, three greats that I can remember are the Alice in Chains/Silence of the Lambs song, Steve Carlesi/Willy Wonka song, and the Roland/Limp Bizkit song. Those were all great songs that deserve preservation.

However, no central record of these songs exists, nor does an archive of them. Currently OApedia has a long list of songs played on the show, but this is a list of the regular music played as intros, rejoinders, beds, or liked by the boys. Few of original songs appear there.

I have a two-part proposal to help catalog the excellent work done by staff, guests, and listeners of the show over the years. It will take me a long time to do all of this myself, but it would be easier if other listeners were to contribute small pieces to help get it going:

1. First, I will create a page on OApedia dedicated to listing all of the original songs. I'll take any information posted in this thread and add it there if that's more convenient. For this part, each entry needs to be defined by the Subject (a bit, contest, person, etc.), the Composer (which may require some social digging), and the Date first aired on O&A. Anyone listening to the archives can help by posting this information here or on the wiki.

2. Second, we should make an archive of all the songs. There are several different websites dedicated to hosting O&A content, so I can send updated versions of the archive to them to host. I can compile all of the music and send it to anyone who wants the archive. This is the second place where fans can make this project go more quickly. If songs on the wiki are not currently in the archive, or if there is another one you can think of that is not there, send me the audio file and I can add it to the archive. Songs on O&A are short, so transferring these in mp3 format should be quick.

The technical work involved in this is rather simple. The hard part is knowing what shows and times the songs are at, and also possibly finding the proper credits for the composers. But O&A have a lot of fans, and if many listeners use their memory, I think we could make a great catalog of O&A originals.

SOS likes this.
  2. Pigdango

Pigdango This is a rebellion isn't it?
    Donator

LiddyRules and goat999 like this.
  3. LiddyRules

LiddyRules #Porg2017

Is any of this in English?

4. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh

This is ill-conceived and poorly executed.

5. Haeder

Haeder South Dakota

Meta Spin has a huge collection of O&A audio. Might be a good place to start.

www.meatspin.com

Stig likes this.
  6. Machinus

Machinus New Wackbag

Does anybody have zagman's email? I'm having issues with the wiki and I can't get in touch with him.

7. SOS

SOS ONA
    Wackbag Staff

8. SOS

SOS ONA
    Wackbag Staff

9. Machinus

Machinus New Wackbag

Lord Zero likes this.
  10. FaggotyWestCoastCaller