New Occupy Low: Pro-Child Sex Trafficking

Owenay

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed...
May 10, 2007
Bizarro World
Remember, the President of the United States and the former Speaker of the House have voiced their solidarity with this movement.

oh, and #justliketheteaparty...

Occupy Oakland protests in FAVOR of child sex trafficking
June 18, 2012 - 9:18 am - by Zombie
Email
Print

On Wednesday, June 13, members of the Occupy movement protested against a conference dedicated to combatting child sex trafficking — thus, the Occupiers in essence were coming out in favor of one of society’s most loathsome moral crimes.

The protesters mostly were members of Occupy Oakland Patriarchy, a group within the overall Occupy movement tasked with overthrowing our civilization’s “patriarchy.”

The conference which so infuriated them was called HEAT Watch, short for the National Human Exploitation And Trafficking Watch Conference.

If there’s one issue that unites Americans of all political stripes, it’s the sexual enslavement of children. Whatever our opinions on other issues, we all agree that sex trafficking and the prostituting of children is an outrage and a tragedy. Thus, conference attendees included liberal, moderate and conservative politicians; progressive nonprofit organizations; law enforcement groups; religious leaders; and (according to the conference Web site) “social services, medical providers, mental health, education, probation, and community-based organizations.” In short: Everybody.

Everybody, that is, except Occupy Wall Street, who somehow found a way to oppose the abolition of child sexual slavery. In order to justify this seemingly incomprehensible and repugnant position, the Occupiers performed some of the most amazing moral gymnastics you’ll ever encounter. I’ll give them a lot of room to explain themselves in a moment, but first let’s get a glimpse of the conference, the protest, a small counter-protest, and the completely bizarre behavior of the Occupiers.

Around the corner, the Occupiers assembled at the side entrance of the convention venue, the Marriott Hotel inside the Oakland Convention Center on Broadway.

The Occupy narrative was very convoluted and can’t be coherently summarized in just a few images — in fact, they remained pretty incoherent even with all the space in the world to explain themselves — but we’ll get started with a few of their signs. This one said “End Police Terror Against Minor + Adult Sex Workers.” This is based on the Prime Directive of Occupy Oakland’s worldview: The police are mankind’s #1 enemy. Cops are invariably malevolent, and their actions always rank as “terror.”

Building block #2 for the Occupy argument: Rescuing an immigrant girl from a lifetime of sexual slavery at the hands of an evil pimp counts as “racism.”

Hell, why am I even bothering with this? When you act as the Occupiers did at this protest, your violent aggressive behavior trumps any message you may have had. After protesting on the sidewalk for a while, the Occupiers went berserk and staged a full-frontal assault on the conference. The security guards somehow managed to repel the invasion, as the Occupiers then hurled paint-bombs, bottles of unknown liquid, eggs and other projectiles at the hotel. Amazingly, they were so proud of all this that they uploaded their own video of the assault:

[video=youtube;nXvPGTBFHCM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXvPGTBFHCM[/video]

Sorry, Occupiers: All your credibility is lost after antics like that.

Back out at the protest, one thing became clear: Occupy Oakland seems to have developed a burning hatred for “NGO”s, i.e. non-governmental organizations, better known in the U.S. as “do-gooder nonprofits.” While there may be a few suspect NGOs with ill intentions, the vast majority exist only to help people. Whether or not that help does any good is a separate issue; but most at least try to benefit society.

The protesters’ main banner said “Fucking to survive is life under capitalism.” This succinctly sums up the nearly incomprehensible cognitive dissonance at the core of the Occupy Oakland Patriarchy philosophy. They manage to hold two mutually exclusive thoughts simultaneously:

1. We are sex workers and proud of it, and there is nothing wrong with prostitution, so stop oppressing us with your prudish laws; and
2. The only reason we are compelled to have this degrading and unpleasant profession is that capitalism forces people to exchange labor for money — only a total anti-capitalist revolution can put an end to prostitution.

Now, needless to say, one would go insane trying to maintain both these ideas at the same time, which is apparently what has happened to the members of Occupy Oakland Patriarchy.

But don’t take my word for it. I will now give them a chance to explain their position. Here is the flyer that the protesters were handing out to passersby:

CONT...
There's lots of literature from both sides (the occutard's is hilarious), a view from inside the conference, a lone counter-protester, and another epic video at the LINK.

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
If you include "tard" (occutard, libtard, etc) in your argument, you're just as much a fucking imbecile as those you're commenting against. The made up words to define another group are completely fucking childish and disingenuous.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
If you include "tard" (occutard, libtard, etc) in your argument, you're just as much a fucking imbecile as those you're commenting against. The made up words to define another group are completely fucking childish and disingenuous.
Calling a spade a spade is always appropriate. These assholes are fucking retarded.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
These cunts don't understand that capitalism and legalizing prostitution would eliminate the sex slavery rings.

DanaReevesLungs

Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
Calling a spade a spade is always appropriate. These assholes are fucking retarded.
Not disputing that. But the constant barrage of idiotic, childish made up labels is ridiculous. Go ahead and call them what you like and I'll gladly tell you how fucking dumb you look in the process.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
"Let me be clear, human trafficking in the United States is a serious problem, and we should do something about it."

Sounds pretty clear to me. :action-sm

I think it's the methodology they have a problem with.
But you're okay with the child-fucking?

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Not disputing that. But the constant barrage of idiotic, childish made up labels is ridiculous. Go ahead and call them what you like and I'll gladly tell you how fucking dumb you look in the process.
Ok, sounds like a deal. Line up over there with the OWS guys holding "we heart child fucking" signs.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
"Let me be clear, human trafficking in the United States is a serious problem, and we should do something about it."

Sounds pretty clear to me. :action-sm

I think it's the methodology they have a problem with.
And if they were offering anything like a realistic alternative, I'd listen. They're not. They're just bitching about the existing situation without offering an alternative. Which is an OWS hallmark.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
And if they were offering anything like a realistic alternative, I'd listen. They're not. They're just bitching about the existing situation without offering an alternative. Which is an OWS hallmark.
And they're standing there with "I heart child fucking" signs! :icon_roll

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Jeez, Owenay posted this last night...and we've yet to hear from the political ideologically challenged people (feel better DRL? ;)) claim that..."Righties are infiltrating #Occupy and are holding up these signs and passing out literature to give #Occupy a bad name"?

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009

Minors can't be "sex workers". They're fucking slaves. Stop defending these cunts.
I'm guessing she's also on the "children should be free from parental compulsion, maaaaan" wagon. So by her logic, children are just little adults who should be allowed to choose to be fucked by pedophiles.

DanaReevesLungs

Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
Jeez, Owenay posted this last night...and we've yet to hear from the political ideologically challenged people (feel better DRL? ;)) claim that..."Righties are infiltrating #Occupy and are holding up these signs and passing out literature to give #Occupy a bad name"?
You asshole! :haha7: Another reason why I like the Begs.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I'm guessing she's also on the "children should be free from parental compulsion, maaaaan" wagon. So by her logic, children are just little adults who should be allowed to choose to be fucked by pedophiles.
She also probably will never have children, so she wouldn't care if other peoples' kids get fucked. I bet she'd throw a fit if people started fucking her 125 cats, though.