New Season- Drama Poll

Which Upcoming Drama Do You Want To See?

• Gossip Girl (CW)

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Chuck (NBC)

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Journeyman (NBC)

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Reaper (CW)

• Cane (CBS)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bionic Woman (NBC)

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Private Practice (ABC)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Dirty Sexy Money (ABC)

• Life (NBC)

• Big Shots (ABC)

• Moonlight (CBS)

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Pushing Daisies (ABC)

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Woman's Murder Club (ABC)

• Viva Laughlin (CBS)

• None

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Which of these upcoming hour long dramas are you actually looking forward to?

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
Reaper is the only one right off the bat. Journeyman might be ok.
I usually wait to watch shows because I hate to get into them and then they are cancelled.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Gossip Girl, Chuck, Reaper, and Journeyman, are all really solid in different ways.

Pushing Daisey's is a great pilot, but I still think it's going to be like "Studio 60" last year, critics loved it, regular people didn't care.

Bigshots, Cane, Women's Murder Club, and Viva Laughlin are horrible.

And Dirty Sexy Money, will most likely be the dark horse hit of the year.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Pushing Daisey's is a great pilot, but I still think it's going to be like "Studio 60" last year, critics loved it, regular people didn't care.
From what you can tell, do you think the show will shit the bed post-pilot as badly as Studio 60 did or will it be more of a show that remains its quality but the people won't care? I trust Minear.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
From what you can tell, do you think the show will shit the bed post-pilot as badly as Studio 60 did or will it be more of a show that remains its quality but the people won't care? I trust Minear.
I think the show should remain high quality. Barry Sonnenfeld directed the pilot and at least one more episode. But other than those, I wonder about getting the same look and feel from lesser directors who won't have as much free reign on the budget.

I could be completely wrong, I just have this gut feeling that it's too different for most Americans. I loved "Wonderfalls" and "Dead Like Me" both shows created by the people behind Daisies, and those shows pretty much bombed.

ABC has enough to worry about with Cavemen, Carpoolers, and Big Shots, I really think those are all DOA.

Because of those failures Daisies should be able to make it the whole year, but I really think it will be pulled at some point, maybe retooled, timeslot switched. Every critic loved "Studio 60" so much, and they were so far off on what the public wanted, I just have this strong feeling the same thing will happen.

"Eli Stone" should be ABC's big push, it's more of a chick show like Ally McBeal, but I think that would be a bigger hit. It's midseason, so maybe it will be a hit like "Grey's Anatomy" was.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Chuck is a drama?
It's like a comedy action but actiony shows tend to fall under the drama category. So this is like drama/action.

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
Im really looking forward to Journeyman (if its any good and manages to last the whole season Mondays will be pretty solid for me with Prison Break, Heroes and Journeyman, as well as 24 down the road) and Reaper sounds intriguing. Ill probably check out Pushing Daisies if only to see what all of the hype is about. I was contemplating Bionic Woman but after seeing the awful acting in a promo earlier tonight that definitely wont be happening.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
I was contemplating Bionic Woman but after seeing the awful acting in a promo earlier tonight that definitely wont be happening.
I was looking forward to Bionic Woman, I saw the pilot, it was decent, but with some recasting and reshoots, I had hopes. But I just ran into a guy today who is working on it, and it sounds like a complete mess. They've gone through a couple sets of executive producers, and the network keeps making it "lighter". The show starts next week and they aren't even done with episode three yet, so anything we're going to be seeing past episode three will be very rushed.

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
Whenever these shows hire new showrunners their time is limited (Commander in Chief is one recent example).

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I was looking forward to Bionic Woman, I saw the pilot, it was decent, but with some recasting and reshoots, I had hopes. But I just ran into a guy today who is working on it, and it sounds like a complete mess. They've gone through a couple sets of executive producers, and the network keeps making it "lighter". The show starts next week and they aren't even done with episode three yet, so anything we're going to be seeing past episode three will be very rushed.
I really didn't like the Bionic Woman pilot. I found it just dull and heartless. It's like, you look at sci-fi shows, I really always felt that for them to work you need someone who believes in it. Alias (until season 3), Buffy/Angel, even Chuck 2.0 seems to have that. Bionic just seemed like it had no soul. People doing your cliche sci-fi show with nothing new, and no belief in the project so they throw every cliche they possibly can at it. I thought the frickin Aquaman pilot was better. And I saw both pilots (the one with Arrested Development's Ann as the stock "rebellious sister" and the one with young hot girl as the stock "rebellious computer hacker sister") and they were both equally as dead.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
I really didn't like the Bionic Woman pilot. I found it just dull and heartless. It's like, you look at sci-fi shows, I really always felt that for them to work you need someone who believes in it. Alias (until season 3), Buffy/Angel, even Chuck 2.0 seems to have that. Bionic just seemed like it had no soul. People doing your cliche sci-fi show with nothing new, and no belief in the project so they throw every cliche they possibly can at it. I thought the frickin Aquaman pilot was better. And I saw both pilots (the one with Arrested Development's Ann as the stock "rebellious sister" and the one with young hot girl as the stock "rebellious computer hacker sister") and they were both equally as dead.
I haven't seen the newer version yet. But I guess I was just being optimistic. The original script, the two hour made for tv movie, was way better than the pilot turned out, and I thought with recasting "Ann" and getting rid of the sister being deaf would help.

Honestly, they should just of kept Jamie working at Starbucks, and killed off her boyfriend like in the script originally. It gave it more soul, and with the genius boyfriend doctor dead she had more of an inner struggle. Who knows how long it will last.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I haven't seen the newer version yet. But I guess I was just being optimistic. The original script, the two hour made for tv movie, was way better than the pilot turned out, and I thought with recasting "Ann" and getting rid of the sister being deaf would help.

Honestly, they should just of kept Jamie working at Starbucks, and killed off her boyfriend like in the script originally. It gave it more soul, and with the genius boyfriend doctor dead she had more of an inner struggle. Who knows how long it will last.
You didn't like her as the most depressed bartender ever?
And why, on the run from the government, does she go to her dayjob? And why did evil Bionic Lady wear clown makeup to the bar?

I hated the sister character all around. And I hated the boyfriend. And I hated the five gangs of competing evil doctors.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
How have I not seen anything for Journeyman? I watch a lot of TV too...

I'll check out Chuck, but between all the hockey I have to watch, 24 and House there's not time for much else.

DeltaPin

Donator
Feb 17, 2005
NJ
Right now just Journeyman

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
BTW, I really liked the pilot for Journeyman. Vorenius is great and it has a pretty good dramatic center to it, more so than the other shows. I will stick around for that one. That NBC Monday threesome (Chuck, Heroes, Journeyman) is damned good as is the Thursday Foursome (love all four comedies, woo-hoo 30 Rock).

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
I'll watch Journeyman just cause Vorenius is in it. I was also thinking of watching Bionic woman, but after reading some of the replies, it looks like it won't be worth it....

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Seriously, nothing beats NBC Thursdays. Can't wait for that to start up.
Here's a little spoiler, one Thursday night is going to be "green" kind of lame promotion, but 30 Rock just booked David Schwimmer and Al Gore to get star on an episode together, that could be hysterical.