New season of SNL

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Jul 16, 2005
Texas
Saw the opening sketch with the new Obama impersonator. It was ok, but not that strong for a season opener. I have it on dvr an will catch it bit by bit.

Meh, miss Farley and Hartman.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
It was a huge meh IMO. Seth McFarlaines (spelling is terrible) monologue was chuckle worthy but the entire episode was entirely forgettable. Frank Ocean wasnt bad if you are into that kind of thing, I hope that it leads to Childish Gambino as a musical guest sometime soon.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I hope they made enough fun of Republicans to make the NBC overlords happy.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
There was no lack of that.

Jay Pharaoh is awesome. I'm glad they finally gave him the Obama bits.

I thought the puppet sketch was pretty funny. Not a very strong season opener overall.

Why did they hire a female Bobby Moynahan impersonator? Seriously, the only things she could fit into, he could do infinitely better.

It looks like they're going to make Vanessa Bayer the new Kristen Wiig, which is a shame. Nasim Pedrad is much better.

justifyyourgarb

You drab South Bend cocksuckers are all the same.
Mar 15, 2007

I thought the puppet sketch was pretty funny. Not a very strong season opener overall.

Why did they hire a female Bobby Moynahan impersonator? Seriously, the only things she could fit into, he could do infinitely better.

It looks like they're going to make Vanessa Bayer the new Kristen Wiig, which is a shame. Nasim Pedrad is much better.
I love Nasim, but Vanessa Bayer is a pretty funny chick.
I didn't see enough of the new people to really judge them. Looks like they hired an ugly dude though. About fucking time. TV needs more ugly motherfuckers, especially in comedy.

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL

I'm bummed Abby Elliot left. She's a really strong talent but wasn't on the show long enough.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I'm bummed Abby Elliot left. She's a really strong talent but wasn't on the show long enough.
I loved Abby the last couple seasons. The fat chick is fallout from the plumper from Bridesmaids and Mike and Molly. Just because you look funny doesnt mean you are funny. Also, the ugly dude was ugly. And not very funny.

Im going to miss the Digital Shorts most of all, those were some of the best segments. If Seth Meyers leaves I might swear off the show entirely.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
I wasn't real impressed with it. I did however like seeing Daniel Craig
do some comedy. Nice change of pace from his movie roles.

WhiteHonkyDevil

Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
I wasn't real impressed with it. I did however like seeing Daniel Craig
do some comedy. Nice change of pace from his movie roles.
It was great. The only problem was, it wasn't funny. Not by any stretch of the imagination. I've been able to find some merit in every season since the first, but so far these episodes have been unlikable garbage.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
Been watching it myself now, can't sleep, and I completely agree. This ep, and pretty much every one so far this season, has sucked balls.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I thought the lesser known Bond girls sketch was pretty funny. That was the first time I actually found the "Annie Hall" look attractive.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
SNL has always favored Democrats more than Republicans since the beginning, that's just the nature of who writes for the show and that it's based in NYC. But it wasn't until GWB's administration that SNL really started making it obvious who they were siding with. I started watching in 1991 and the skits they had with Dana Carvey's GHW Bush and then Phil Hartman's Clinton were done in such a way that everyone on both sides could watch and laugh and not be offended. Fast forward to now and it's just sad how much they shill for Team Obama not just in the skits but on Weekend Update with smirky douchebag Seth Myers.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
This season had better start getting funny. Soon.
Don't hold your breath. The same cast and writers that made the last two stinkers are going to be the same cast and writers responsible for the upcoming ones.

WhiteHonkyDevil

Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
Don't hold your breath. The same cast and writers that made the last two stinkers are going to be the same cast and writers responsible for the upcoming ones.
I liked the last two seasons. Sure, some stuff was awful, but there was enough funny to keep me watching.

NotSoFast

Apr 23, 2006
Thibodaux, LA USA
Louis CK is hosting on November 3rd!
I love Louie and consider him to be in my top 3 comedians I'd like to see live. That being said, I wonder how much of a coincidence it is that they have such a liberal Obama supporter hosting the weekend before the election.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
enough of this Louie CK bullshit, what did they steal from jimmy this time!?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
In the Confessional Booth I discussed not knowing who Bruno Mars was.

enough of this Louie CK bullshit, what did they steal from jimmy this time!?
Repetitive characters that outstayed their welcome 4 years ago?

icculus1284

May 16, 2007
Fort Collins
I believe Hader and Sudeikis have been on every episode since "retiring" from the cast.