OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

New Sirius Player

Discussion in 'Classic Opie & Anthony General Discussion' started by TomFromWC, May 10, 2012.

1. TomFromWC

TomFromWC Making Awful Sounds

Anyone see the new player? It lets you select where to start the show from. Finally! Now I can actually hear the 6 and 9 o clock hour without having to listen at stupid 8 pm. Not bad, Sirius.

2. Frankie_b

Frankie_b Talk softly and drive a big tank!

Fuck Sirius and there shitty player

3. boba4

boba4 Old enough to be Stig's perverted uncle

The advantage over the old one is it remembers you. Typing in my Email and password every day was a pain in the ass.

4. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

Are you talking about the online player?

5. gorram

gorram ;)

Exactly, Ive never seen another site where you couldnt allow the browser to remember U/P. Also the audible tone letting you know its going to timeout is nice too.

6. TomFromWC

TomFromWC Making Awful Sounds

Yeah. It's not fully functional yet, though. It looks like E or Dr. Gay are going to have to put more accurate markers in for when the show comes out of commercial. But I commend them just for the U/P save. About time!

7. Bobobie

Bobobie Registered User

The Canadian Player is another animal and it doesn't remember passwords either. It uses Active X crap and only works with Internet Explorer. I listen on my HTPC and it doesn't have a keyboard. I have to copy and paste the N/P from a text document every morning to login. I can't just leave the player open and stopped because it times out.

8. Badfinger

Badfinger I shot the sheriff

The new player is a billion times better than that last one.

9. oldmandick

oldmandick My Button is Bigger Than Your Button!
    Donator

Did you know that if you spent a thousand dollars a day it would take you about two thousand seven hundred thirty eight years to spend a billion dollars?

10. david11238

david11238 New Wackbag

The new online player seems to be graying out (not streaming) not only O&A, but a few other channels as well.

11. Justin Sane

Justin Sane Registered User

The new player has a ton of new features that are great when they work but at my office, where I listen, the show cuts out all the fucking time at random intervals and I have to refresh the feed. The old player didn't do this.

12. Falldog

Falldog Wackbag's Best Conservative
    Donator

Best part.

The replay option would be better if it was tied to songs or segments vs. who's actually in studio. Otherwise a huge improvement over the old one. I feel better about getting ***** in the ass paying for it.

13. david11238

david11238 New Wackbag

I am unable to get O&A at all. Their channel doesn't even show up on my Firefox nor my iPad2 app. Have the Powers That Be yanked them from all types of online?

14. Danesy

Danesy Cute but psycho, it all evens out.

No, I have it on mine, are you sure you're looking at channel 206?

15. david11238

david11238 New Wackbag

There's no 206 to look at. They were playing for about twenty minutes (on the iPad app) then a refresh happened. The format (of the page) changed, and all of a sudden no 105 or 206, or Oprah and NPR for that matter. When I tried it on my iMac via Firefox, the channels were showing, but in light gray and were deactivated. Do you have the new format/s on your 'puter and/or app?

16. Danesy

I have the new player up and listening to it now on IE. It's fine. Something is wrong on your end mister.

17. david11238

david11238 New Wackbag

They've been deleted from my Favorites, too. And that's Sirius Public Radio to clarify

18. david11238

david11238 New Wackbag

Not on both computers that aren't paired or even using the same browser. I just got off the phone with Support and the operator told me he is having the same problem.

19. Danesy

Well it's a random issue then. As I said mine is fine. All my channels are there all my favorites.... so I don't know. It's clearly not everyone.

20. starfsckers inc

starfsckers inc Ambitious, but rubbish.

The new player requires Flash 11.1, which is not compatible with my OS 10.5.8. So fuck SiriusXM for building it with Flash 11.1. And fuck Adobe for not making Flash 11.1 compatible with my version of OS.

Or is it fuck me for not sticking with my OS upgrades? Either way, fuck this entire thing. I'm back to using the basic player. Might as well just get Adium and be done with it.

I used it on my work computer, which is Windows Vista, and I liked what I saw. Like that you can rewind to the start of the program. You win this round, Windows....

21. richwithhatred

richwithhatred Hater Of You!!!

There's a new player? When did they update Paltalk? Mine didn't require an update!

22. Hoffman

Hoffman Guess who's back? Hoffman's back

Um...you're blaming the wrong party. Stop running a two version ago build of OSX.

23. starfsckers inc

starfsckers inc Ambitious, but rubbish.

Don't use versions. Use years instead, it makes it sound a lot worse, since the last update on 10.5 was almost three years ago.:icon_bigg

Bought a quick upgrade copy of Snow Leopard over the weekend, so I should be able to max it out with Lion within the week. Seems ridiculous to spend $60 just for Flash, but I figured Flash is just the start of programs not being compatible with lazy assclowns that never bothered to update.

24. blotto98

blotto98 YEAH! Wait. What?

I tried the new player Beta and didnt like it because theres no on screen volume control. So I switched back, but now I cant get the boys on the old player and have to go to the new one. THATS FUCKING HORSESHIT MAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!! :-}

25. gorram

gorram ;)

Top right corner of page.