New Xbox 720 set to hit shelves Holiday 2012 and what to expect.

mr. sin

Mar 30, 2005
RALEIGH, NC
Speculation of a new Xbox console has been surfing the mighty waves of the internet for a long time now. Whilst nothing has officially been confirmed from Microsoft, leaks have arisen from the reputable Microsoft leak blogger, MS Nerd.

At the time of this released news, we found out that the Xbox 720, as it is commonly referred to as, also codenamed "Loop" will in fact be smaller and cheaper than the current Xbox 360. It is believed that the console will be cheaper to produce in the hopes of "high Kinect adoption." Additional news included that the console will be based around a modified version of, the yet to be released/unveiled, Windows 9. MS Nerd continued to state that "It will use a Zune HD-like hardware platform - a 'main' processor with multiple dedicated assistive cores for graphics, AI, physics, sound, networking, encryption and sensors. It will be custom designed by Microsoft and two partners based on the ARM architecture." He concluded with a rather important note: The new console would be unveiled at E3 next year.

http://www.se7ensins.com/index.php/_/news/new-xbox-set-to-hit-shelves-holiday-2012-and-wh-r108

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
So... Xbox slim?

Dec 12, 2007
will in fact be smaller and cheaper than the current Xbox 360. It is believed that the console will be cheaper to produce in the hopes of "high Kinect adoption."
Smart move, go for Wii numbers while playing into the fact alot of people won't be willing to shell out a ton of money on a new console/can't afford to shell out.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
I'm hoping that the promise made when the 360 came out that everything will be backwards compatible with future Xbox consoles holds true. Not that I played many of my old Xbox games but then again there weren't that many multiplayer games.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
It better look leaps and bounds better than a current XBox 360 or even a PS3. Just give me a high end looking PC game look.

Aug 11, 2005
Oh yes don't fix the os just make new hardware (chinks are cheap)

fucking zune get's slower and slower

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
I'm gonna skip out on buying my 4th 360 this gen and stick PS3/Wii til the end and pick up the 720 next years! Sounds sick.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I'm gonna skip out on buying my 4th 360 this gen and stick PS3/Wii til the end and pick up the 720 next years! Sounds sick.
Im currently on my 3rd also (RROD under warantee, RROD out of warantee, and the new model) and if anything happens to this machine I might just skip xbox for a incremental generation or a new generation altogether.

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
Yeah I got sick of it. All my friends play on 360 but I like the Ps3 Exclusives, Bluray player and PSN is not that far behind live these days. It's the same shit pretty much.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
So a product that is notorious for blowing up due to overheating is going to make a "slim line" version? This sounds great.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
I'll just wait a couple years until they have the kinks worked out and the price comes down. Just like I did with the current gen. Plenty of great 360 games I've never gotten around to playing.

And to echo some of the above comments, enough with the Kinect horseshit. I don't want to have to flail around like an asshole just to play a game.

twiggy

Livin the Dream!!!
Sep 12, 2010
Elizabethton, TN
SON OF A BITCH! I just got the new 360 Slim last year for christmas, looks like now I will have to kiss up to the wife and prepare for next christmas. But if it is indeed cheaper than the previous consoles that will fit in nicely to everyones budget.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
I've had mine for almost a year now and played countless hours on end and not one problem.
Yeah, I bought mine about 8 months ago with no problems whatsoever. I was just wondering if the overheating was still a widespread problem. I thought they fixed the issue in the slims.

phillyfranko

Jun 1, 2010
south of philly
I'll just wait a couple years until they have the kinks worked out and the price comes down. Just like I did with the current gen. Plenty of great 360 games I've never gotten around to playing.

And to echo some of the above comments, enough with the Kinect horseshit. I don't want to have to flail around like an asshole just to play a game.
i agree...just wait till prices drop...bugs worked out...

transit grinder

Baglin' with the Sex
Apr 16, 2008
Tennessee
The slim 360s that are out now are fine, aren't they?
100% - but don't try to get the internet to realize that. It's too fun to talk about red rings!

My 360 from launch did red ring on me a few years ago now at this point, but the one I picked up after it has been fine.

I have a feeling a lot of people just don't care of their shit.

Dec 12, 2007
100% - but don't try to get the internet to realize that. It's too fun to talk about red rings!

My 360 from launch did red ring on me a few years ago now at this point, but the one I picked up after it has been fine.

Agree, most people don't even take proper ventillation into account. When I see a 360/ps3/PC stuffed in a home entertainment unit all boxed in I hope their house catches on fire.

My launch 360 never RROD and I only just replaced it this summer because I got a free new 360 with a laptop purchase. I love the new units, smaller quiter and the unit itself looks better black.

Dec 12, 2007
Thats what I plan to do as well. Let the good games pile up for the new system, have my PC tide me over a year or so till a good sale comes around.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI

Kind of what I figured. My first one red ringed. I had a shipping box in 2 days and my Xbox back in just over a week. No problems whatsoever after that. Got me slim awhile back, no problems at all with that, either. I seem to be one of the only people on the entirety of the internet that hasn't had a Microsoft horror story.