New Year Hopes

Zuke

May 25, 2005
My fondest hope is that every fucking day could be something other than Fez's "I'm gay now!" crap. Honestly, who gives a shit? What if Ron came in, and didn't do anything everyday except talk about being straight? It would bore the hell out of everyone.

So, Fez, be a gay person and go on about your life. We don't care. How about doing something funny or interesting for the show?

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
That's honestly my biggest problem with gay people. Not that they're gay, but the fact that they won't shut up about being gay. Who you fuck is not who you are, it's just a thing you do.

ironman25dc

A Smug Cunt Who Loves The Cock
Jun 1, 2004
Chicago, IL
That's honestly my biggest problem with gay people. Not that they're gay, but the fact that they won't shut up about being gay. Who you fuck is not who you are, it's just a thing you do.
As a gay, I completely agree with Gorilla Pimp that " Who you fuck is not who you are, it's just a thing you do."

Regarding the comment "That's honestly my biggest problem with gay people. Not that they're gay, but the fact that they won't shut up about being gay." I don't necessarily disagree with you Gorilla Pimp, but I think I might be able to provide some perspective: I know that when I became open about it with people, there was definitely a brief period that I not only wanted to be educated on GLBT political/social issues but also wanted to share what I learned with others (exciting things like tax code disparities and medical visitation regulations- things that they could relate to). I quickly realized that my friends and family love me for me and I didn't need to be a pseudo educator to gain their acceptance, it was already there. But overall I think that most GLBT people go through a preachy, advocate period when they come out. I think that some who don't have a good sense of self awareness/understanding will make their sexuality their identity the same way that many people who are extreme right or extreme left wing politically will often completely follow the dictated line across the board.

If we look at Fez's insanity and ludicrous opinions on everything gay, it's important to note that he announced his sexuality before ever making a friend with the same sexual identity. Since his announcement he hasn't made any GLBT friends who will open his eyes to the absolute truth of Gorilla Pimp's statement, and he'll stop saying gibberish he thinks he's supposed to say rather than use logic, experience and education to develop a opinion that he actually believes.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
As a gay, I completely agree with Gorilla Pimp that " Who you fuck is not who you are, it's just a thing you do."

Regarding the comment "That's honestly my biggest problem with gay people. Not that they're gay, but the fact that they won't shut up about being gay." I don't necessarily disagree with you Gorilla Pimp, but I think I might be able to provide some perspective: I know that when I became open about it with people, there was definitely a brief period that I not only wanted to be educated on GLBT political/social issues but also wanted to share what I learned with others (exciting things like tax code disparities and medical visitation regulations- things that they could relate to). I quickly realized that my friends and family love me for me and I didn't need to be a pseudo educator to gain their acceptance, it was already there. But overall I think that most GLBT people go through a preachy, advocate period when they come out. I think that some who don't have a good sense of self awareness/understanding will make their sexuality their identity the same way that many people who are extreme right or extreme left wing politically will often completely follow the dictated line across the board.

If we look at Fez's insanity and ludicrous opinions on everything gay, it's important to note that he announced his sexuality before ever making a friend with the same sexual identity. Since his announcement he hasn't made any GLBT friends who will open his eyes to the absolute truth of Gorilla Pimp's statement, and he'll stop saying gibberish he thinks he's supposed to say rather than use logic, experience and education to develop a opinion that he actually believes.
Has there ever been a single gay caller to argue any point with Fez?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
There have been a few. It usually comes down to "but...um...but...um...well Sandy Hook...thank you."

I would like Fez to challenge Ron on his "you're not gay unless you have gay sex" theory. It's such a ridiculous and easily rebuttable presumption, I'm assuming he just says it to goad Fez into arguing with him. But no. He doesn't get anywhere.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
There have been a few. It usually comes down to "but...um...but...um...well Sandy Hook...thank you."

I would like Fez to challenge Ron on his "you're not gay unless you have gay sex" theory. It's such a ridiculous and easily rebuttable presumption, I'm assuming he just says it to goad Fez into arguing with him. But no. He doesn't get anywhere.
Fez tries to challenge Ron on that, but he doesn't know anything about being gay. He has no gay friends, has never had gay friends and denied his nature for 40 years. All he knows is how to be offended, so that's all he does.

Fez needs gay friends.

psyduck

Dec 12, 2004
Fez tries to challenge Ron on that, but he doesn't know anything about being gay. He has no gay friends, has never had gay friends and denied his nature for 40 years. All he knows is how to be offended, so that's all he does.

Fez needs gay friends.
...and a samurai sword. Ah to dream....

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I think Fez still deep down subconsciously believes his Missouri Synod Luther Vandross teachings and fears if he sucks that cock, he perishes in a lake of fire for eternity.

Every gay I ever heard try to make a point with him ends up either getting screamed at that he is not a good representative of his, uh, sexual identity, or he gets the silent treatment. In any case, he ignores the point made.

ironman25dc

Jun 1, 2004
Chicago, IL
Yes, I got so disgusted by his support of the Elmo puppet guy I called up and logically explained to him how his complete support for a gay man accused of sex with an underage teen and paying that guy over $100,000 to drop his allegations were disgraceful to the gay community and only reinforce a long held but statistically inaccurate stereotype that many people have of gay men. I told him his vocal support was shameful to a community he yearns to be a part of but I am a part of. Ron and Chris agreed and Fez didn't discuss it again for weeks; when he did he admitted he was wrong.

ironman25dc

Jun 1, 2004
Chicago, IL

Fez needs gay friends.
Don you are absolutely right. Similar to when you go to college freshman year and you know no one, until you meet people and make friends you don't feel like you belong or have the comfort of being there; most of us met people in the first hour of being there who we're still friends with today.

In this era of social media and hookup sites, it's not a bad idea to utilize those profiles to say that you're looking to meet people for friendship, put yourself out there with a little backstory and you'll get responses from people who will take the time to chat with you and if you click as friends they'll invite you out to grab a drink and build a friendship. The important thing (and obstacle Fez will face) is to be clear that you're looking for friends and understand that the person who you grab a drink with has no interest in getting in your pants and that will never happen. The other thing is you can't come off too needy and overbearing.

Fuck, in writing that I just realized that Fez is going to die without ever having made a gay friendship...

Oct 4, 2004
Las Vegas
At the rate he's going, Fez is going to die without any friendships whatsoever.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Don you are absolutely right. Similar to when you go to college freshman year and you know no one, until you meet people and make friends you don't feel like you belong or have the comfort of being there; most of us met people in the first hour of being there who we're still friends with today.

In this era of social media and hookup sites, it's not a bad idea to utilize those profiles to say that you're looking to meet people for friendship, put yourself out there with a little backstory and you'll get responses from people who will take the time to chat with you and if you click as friends they'll invite you out to grab a drink and build a friendship. The important thing (and obstacle Fez will face) is to be clear that you're looking for friends and understand that the person who you grab a drink with has no interest in getting in your pants and that will never happen. The other thing is you can't come off too needy and overbearing.

Fuck, in writing that I just realized that Fez is going to die without ever having made a gay friendship...

Maybe a fag hag is what he needs.

Or he could volunteer at a gay advocacy group.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
One of my biggest laughs I got from Ron and Fez in 2012 was when Ron let Fez do a read for a gay thing he was interested in and it was "DecemBEAR fest." The silence/awkwardness in the room after he said that had me howling.