News from Sam's Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

doktormoo

Apple, BMW Motorcycles, Cigar and O&A junkie.
Feb 11, 2005
Arkansas
First off, full disclosure, I am the videogame buyer for Sam's Club. That said, I have some news to share with my fellow O&A fans and gamers.
1) We launched a new website http://www.checkoutblog.com It is a place where we as buyers can interact with our Members on topics such as gaming, gadgets and the environment. It is in its infancy, but we hope it will be a good forum for all gamers and others.
2) We just landed a bunch of Rock Band. You already know how cool the game is, but we will be selling it for just under $150.00. Most places are charging about $170.00. You can realize a savings worth 50% of the price of an annual membership with just ONE purchase. They should hit all clubs within the next week to 10 days.
3) Sam's will be offering PRESALE via our website. Members can text "games" to "sams1" and that will open up the dialog. We will text back requesting an e-mail and you can click on the e-mail to get the product at your home. Super Smash Bros Brawl will be our first big promotion and we have a great price on it.
4) THE BIGGIE. With the launch of Super Smash Bros Brawl, we will open up all US Sam's Clubs at midnight on Sunday 3/9/08 (the street date). I am confident that folks will be lining up at their local clubs, because we also got about 30 units of Wii hardware PER CLUB for the event.

Anyway, hope this is of use to you. We have not posted this anywhere else but our own site. See you on line!

doktormoo

Feb 11, 2005
Arkansas
They certainly do a nice job with many things and are a great company. I have been impressed in the vast majority of their clubs and their offerings. Certainly, everyone has choices to make. Competition in the club business between Sam's, BJ's and Costco makes everyone benefit. Members get better deals because of competition. Each compny gets better being pushed by strong competition.
We are just trying to offer something special for our Members.

BlackNinja

How'd your parents die?
Jan 25, 2006
Miami
i think i need to preorder smash bros, 820k in japan in one week is absurd

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
They certainly do a nice job with many things and are a great company. I have been impressed in the vast majority of their clubs and their offerings. Certainly, everyone has choices to make. Competition in the club business between Sam's, BJ's and Costco makes everyone benefit. Members get better deals because of competition. Each compny gets better being pushed by strong competition.
We are just trying to offer something special for our Members.
:clap::clap::clap: You really are a corporate fella.

Jambi

Infidel
Nov 29, 2006
FL
Hey, please send me a PM when the 55-gallon drums of KY jelly go on sale. Thanks in advance.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
Why are people so fucking excited over Brawl.

You do realize that there's TONS better fighters out there, and I say that as someone who's not even a fighting game fan.

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
Oct 4, 2004
Intransit
Fuck Sams and Walmart right in their ASSES LONG LIVE THE UNIONS!!!!

RabidHamster

It makes you fez.
Dec 4, 2005
Roanoke
A lot of people love to play with the characters they grew up with, personally I prefer to blow up sand golfers with grenades.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
We got a 3 pound block of cheese at Sams and found it was rotten and molded on the bottom when we got home. Do you have any pull with the QC boys?

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
We got a 3 pound block of cheese at Sams and found it was rotten and molded on the bottom when we got home. Do you have any pull with the QC boys?
You could always take it back. That or trim off the mold :)

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
This wasn't the normal harmless mold that I can deal with. This shit had roots and a rudimentary circulatory system. As for taking it back, town is 150 miles away and we get there maybe once a month. I emailed the cheese company and they sent us a refund check and a few coupons, but I was hoping to sue Sam's and retire to that island people were talking about in another thread.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
This wasn't the normal harmless mold that I can deal with. This shit had roots and a rudimentary circulatory system. As for taking it back, town is 150 miles away and we get there maybe once a month. I emailed the cheese company and they sent us a refund check and a few coupons, but I was hoping to sue Sam's and retire to that island people were talking about in another thread.
You could always stay in the Walton family bunker outside of Bentonville that has 24/7 armed guards, razorwire and a helicopter pad.

It was built after the 9/11 attack and is a place for the family members to live if everything in the USA goes to hell with a nuclear attack due to Islamofascist attacks. But for some reason I get the feeling that you won't be allowed through their blast doors :D

However some say it's an information center. It's weird though that it's not located within the Arkansas area. It's like 15 miles north of the Bentonville HQ literally across the state line. The road infront of the facility is the AR/MO state line.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/charlie-cray/walmarts-war-on-america_b_11147.html

Jambi

Infidel
Nov 29, 2006
FL
Or you could throw the cheese away, move on with your life, and never shop at Sam's Club again. Just sayin'.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
If there is going to be a nice HDTV deal coming up, a heads up would be nice.

STARTSOMETHING

I wanna b, like ronnie b!
Jul 30, 2005
Harrisburg PA
Fuck Sams and Walmart right in their ASSES LONG LIVE THE UNIONS!!!!

:clap::clap::clap:
where else can you work at, Where you can tell people to go fuck themselves. Knowing they will be back tomorrow, as long as they save 23 cents on toothpaste?

doktormoo

Feb 11, 2005
Arkansas
So, as for the cheese, I think the return is the best idea. Sorry to hear about that experience. We buy lots of things from Sam's, and while not everything is perfect, they do a very good job. As for television deals, those are not something that I buy. The guy one aisle over from me does that. I am a huge fan of DLP for gaming. If i recall correctly, there is a new 72" 1080P Samsung (of course, it is 1" bigger than the one I bought last year) that many clubs will be getting. If my memory serves, it was under $3K. Their HDMI cables are priced right as well.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
This thread is going to end up being closed if the anti-Walmart/Sam's and union nonsense continues. It was created to give members of this board a heads-up to get their hands on some things that are pretty in-demand at a decent price.

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
[Boardroom Jimmy]Labor unions are for blacks and faggots! Underpaying someone for their work and denying them health benefits is funny![/Boardroom Jimmy]

Status
Not open for further replies.