News helicopters collide in Phoenix.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
if you listen real close you can her the fuckers screaming, just a second after they go to the blond hole, listen real careful

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
And cue the Chuck Mangione music.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
yellowstonesteve said:
pretty disturbing. I still want a helicopter though
Not me. I'll stick to planes. I know they still crash but the hope that it can
glide down to a somewhat safe landing just makes me feel better.
( even though I know that doesn't mean shit. )

mikepop

cdnonafan
Jan 26, 2005
toronto
Did Fox news just say the driver of the chase will face negligent homicide charges in the death of the pilots and reporters?
Weird.

Gyp

Oct 28, 2004
Milwaukee WI
Did Fox news just say the driver of the chase will face negligent homicide charges in the death of the pilots and reporters?
Yeah, I just read that at on the AP story-

The man fleeing from police was later taken into custody. Police Chief Jack Harris suggested he could be charged in connection with the collision.

"I believe you will want to talk to investigators, but I think he will be held responsible for any of the deaths from this tragedy," Harris told reporters at the scene. He did not elaborate.

Wha-wha-what?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Arnie Pie From Arnie In The Sky Die?

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.

TrybalRage

Aug 5, 2004
Kennesaw, GA
Yeah, I just read that at on the AP story-

The man fleeing from police was later taken into custody. Police Chief Jack Harris suggested he could be charged in connection with the collision.

"I believe you will want to talk to investigators, but I think he will be held responsible for any of the deaths from this tragedy," Harris told reporters at the scene. He did not elaborate.

Wha-wha-what?

That's not really unheard of, lots of states have laws that will hold you responsible for any collateral damage (including loss of life) that happens while you are committing a crime.

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
Let me get this straight. If you are arrested or chased on TV by the police and the reporter gets hurt or killed by his own fault or someone else's(Maybe even by a certain attack on the media) you can get charged with that too?
I could understand if something happened to the persuing or arresting officers but in this case it was an accident. If anyone screwed up in this case it was the helicoptor pilot for misjuding how far away he was from the other chopper or just not paying attention to it.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Let me get this straight. If you are arrested or chased on TV by the police and the reporter gets hurt or killed by his own fault or someone else's(Maybe even by a certain attack on the media) you can get charged with that too?
I could understand if something happened to the persuing or arresting officers but in this case it was an accident. If anyone screwed up in this case it was the helicoptor pilot for misjuding how far away he was from the other chopper or just not paying attention to it.
yes, even though he didn't actually kill them, thew his actions people died. its kind of stupid but my dad used to tell me, "if that jack ass throws a rock and breaks a window and you just stand there like the idiot that you are, your just as guilty as if you thew the rock" oh and add, "then ill kick your ass fuck tard"

jpc165

Through the Fire and Flames
Jan 6, 2004
Flipsville
fucked up.

can they actually charge the douche they were filming?

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
They can't charge him with negligent homicide because of pilots making flight errors. They are there pushing sensationalism by covering some dude running away from cops on a slow news day.

It's unfortunate, but the guy isn't responsible for people who wanted to tag along and watch a car chase.

That sort of charge would only apply if the law enforcement involved in the chase were injured trying to subdue the man.

Those charges won't hold up in court. It boils down to pilots not keeping a safe distance from one another because they were more worried with getting camera shots over safety.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
if you listen real close you can her the fuckers screaming, just a second after they go to the blond hole, listen real careful
I noticed that too. He says "Oh jes-" and then you hear a faint arghhhh sound.

Edit: I like the third helicopter reporter, that guy was freaking out... "Goodness gracious! Two helicopters just collided inside George Steinbrenner's bwox!"

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
It's really fucking creepy. i wonder if O&A will play the screaming audio Monday?