Next! with El Jefe and J Dubs will be airing from midnight to 3:00am on Saturday 7/21

mikeyboy

Dec 19, 2002
Despite the misgivings of some in this thread, Next! with El Jefe and J Dubs will be airing from midnight to 3:00 am on Saturday night. The e-mail I got from Earl about it called it a "special edition", so I don't know whether XM is airing their podcasts or all new material. I urge everyone to check it out.

Sleeves

Sep 13, 2006
I listened to the one week Hideout trial on 92.3 a while back and thought it was really really good. El Jefe and Dubs do radio like O&A and R&F - no make-pretend radio personalities...just two real guys putting on a show. Very very good.

I record R&F so I'd welcome new programming like this. I think Hideout/Next would fit in really well on 202, which is not an easy to thing to do.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
I have been listening to their podcasts, and they are really well done. The format works really well, I recommend you check it out. Thanks to Earl pointing it out, they will no longer just be covering events like the assassination of arch duke ferdinand, instead getting into more recent events like The CCC plan that Roosevelt has enacted.

okterrificsk2

Oct 26, 2004
I like el heffe and jdubs but this Next/Countdown shit is lame.

Bring back the hideout brothas

watsonnostaw

May 6, 2005
i miss soundboard hideout

love NEXT!

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
Great fucking show - really good radio.

Standby

Better Than [you]
Wackbag Staff
Sep 8, 2005
Arlington, VA
So.... is this Saturday going into Sunday? Technically Sunday at midnight? Or.... huh? :)

Definitely will record, give these guys a listen. They seem like good peoples.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
Right - late Sat night, technically Sunday AM.

queeby

Irrelevant Liberal
Jun 12, 2004
Columbus OH
This is the first time I have ever heard these guys, I kind of like it. I wouldn't mind hearing them on XM more.

moochcassidy

Jul 8, 2005
diggin the podcasts. Hideout was good shit too but i like this next format more.

miss chunks and the others but dont see where they would fit in the new setup.

anyone got the XM show for d/l?

Slow Bollards

Bollards...sounds a bit rude, doesn't it?
Apr 28, 2005
SILLY-delphia!
I'm suprised at the positive responses here, I tried listening and couldn't get into it at all. I'll definitley give it a few more chances since it seems to have been pretty well received.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
I'm suprised at the positive responses here, I tried listening and couldn't get into it at all. I'll definitley give it a few more chances since it seems to have been pretty well received.
They really get going about halfway through when they pause the top 10 list and talk about shit happening since & during their firing. Some great radio in that part.

I think a NEXT/Hideout hybrid would be good, assuming NEXT is purely topical and Hideout isn't. I think you need some shooting the shit to go with your topics. But I do like the format a lot.

P

Poop McGee

I was quite impressed with their show.... Good job guys!