NFL coaches wearing suits/ties...

fkornre

Boogity Boogity Boogity...Let's go racing boys...
Nov 4, 2006
monroe twp, nj
suddenly i am seeing nfl head coaches wearing suits and ties on the sidelines....i thought coaches were not allowed to wear them??? most notably del rio and nolan...

GDRC

This is what I do now
Jun 28, 2006
MA
Del Rio and Nolan put in special requests to wear suits.

fkornre

Boogity Boogity Boogity...Let's go racing boys...
Nov 4, 2006
monroe twp, nj
is there anyone else? i wonder why they wanted to wear a suit?

GoCamels

Hark the sound of Tar Heel voices...
Aug 19, 2005
Graveyard Of The Atlantic
Nolan does it as a tribute to his dad, former NFL coach. Not sure about Del Rio's reason.

The NFL has not relented more on the issue is because of their apparel deal with Reebok...because we all know that you can't sell nitters a black suit.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
I know Nolan was doing it as a tribute to his father...I think Jack Del Rio did it just because he wanted to.

I hate that the NFL won't just allow them to wear what they want...fucking Reebok. Let the coaches wear suits...if you're gonna bust balls, get Reebok to make team ties

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
i think i read about that a while ago where nolan wanted to but they wouldn't let him. Reebok had to design the suit for him because they have exclusive rights to dress the sidelines

bubbawadd

Apr 4, 2004
Wheaton, IL
i think i read about that a while ago where nolan wanted to but they wouldn't let him. Reebok had to design the suit for him because they have exclusive rights to dress the sidelines
Correct...they are Reebok suits.....nice

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
Reebok clothes = gay guido wear

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.
It's a bit ridiculous that coaches can't wear what they like because of a merchandising contract. If he were coaching today, Vince Lombardi would be a in fucking Packers hoodie, without the iconic fedora. Fuck that. The suits add a bit of class to the sport, but the fact that Reebok made them wipes that away. One step forward, two steps back.

It's sad how everything's about money now.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
while I hate that they're Reebok suits, they do look surprisingly nice

I think they should make em for every team (head coach only) just so guys could have an option

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
They're not Reebok suits. The ones Nolan wore last year were but now Joseph Abboud pays money to be the suit supplier.

I think it looks good as hell, really clean.

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Jul 16, 2005
Texas
Imagine Ditka or Landry in a fucking ghetto yogging suit...

bill333

Go Screw!
Mar 23, 2005
Orange County,NY - Hudson Valley
Personally, I liked when they were in suits. You knew who was the boss on the sidelines. Check out the NHL. I think it shows class and respect, which a lot of people in this world could use. I'm a little more old school. Hell, back when Anthony was born, the fans were in suits.

Big Fat Steve

I always wanted to fuck the Pink Power Ranger
Mar 5, 2005
FOB Ghazni, Afghanistan
The sports media dicks over at Disney decided to tell NFL coaches that they dressed poorly, and should wear suits an ties. I love football, but so many sports guys are conformist assholes who have been "yes men" their whole lives. Fuck ESPN.

en12384

Apr 12, 2007
Personally, I liked when they were in suits. You knew who was the boss on the sidelines. Check out the NHL. I think it shows class and respect, which a lot of people in this world could use. I'm a little more old school. Hell, back when Anthony was born, the fans were in suits.
QFT

i was about to say the same damn thing.:clap:

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I agree!
I got berated for wearing a sport coat and tie to the meets I coached..The Athletic Department's reason: I am not advertising the school by wearing something with the school Logo. My response: I believe I look more Professional as a coach wearing this.