NFL Sunday Ticket now available on PS3. Yes please

chutzd

Jan 24, 2007
Columbus OH
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/18/sunday-ticket-to-be-available-through-playstation-3/

Sunday Ticket to be available through Playstation 3
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 18, 2011, 10:35 AM EDT

APDirecTV has decided to throw a bone to NFL fans that can’t get satellite service.

NFL Sunday Ticket will be available this year through PlayStation 3 for for $339.95. The package is aimed at fans that can’t get DirecTV because of where they live. (I fall into this category in my latest apartment. Damn high rise blocking my southern sky.)

It’s a great idea, and would be even cooler if DirecTV expanded it by making it available through Tivo and other services. That won’t happen because DirecTV still wants to push people towards getting a dish.

Current Sunday Ticket subscribers could also get it through PlayStation for an additional $50 through DirecTV To-Go. Hopefully, DirecTV has solved the enormous amount of problems and clunky setup of their online offering from a year ago.

NFL.com’s Preseason Live is light years better than DirecTV’s 2010 package and shows where this market is headed. For the price DirecTV is charging, they need to catch up. Either way, it’s a pretty cool time to be an NFL fan and it’s only going to get better.

al885

May 1, 2003
Through PSN? that piece of shit thats always down due to hacking.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
It happened once.
And Sony kept it down for months.

Someone posted this in the NFL thread (I think) and its insanely more expensive to purchase the service through PSN than it would be to get it while it was a pay service with DirecTV. I guess there will be someone out there ordering it.

Nvm. It was a comparison to the MLB package. Either way it is still a lot of cash but if you cant get your favorite team I guess you can justify it.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
They'll cut that price in half if you bitch about it. My wife called in to cancel ours for this year (it was free last year) and they came down to like $40 a month before she told them to fuck off completely. (It's normally like $75/mo)

Dec 9, 2004
West Chester
And Sony kept it down for months.

Someone posted this in the NFL thread (I think) and its insanely more expensive to purchase the service through PSN than it would be to get it while it was a pay service with DirecTV. I guess there will be someone out there ordering it.

Nvm. It was a comparison to the MLB package. Either way it is still a lot of cash but if you cant get your favorite team I guess you can justify it.
It was me and you misread it. The package is $340 which is what it cost on Directv or ps3. If you already have the package on Directv but want it on your ps3 as well you need to pay another $50.

$340 is a ridiculous price. I would never pay that much for 17 weeks of programing.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
$340 is a ridiculous price. I would never pay that much for 17 weeks of programing.
I think it depends on whether you are more a fan of your "home" team or your fantasy football team. I live in Buffalo and am a lifelong Broncos fan, and neither team has given me anything to get excited about in over a decade, so $340 to avoid Joe Buck, root on Arian Foster, and watch some decent Football is a bargain to me.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
That's ridiculous. 80-90% of the games each week STINK. Why would anyone pay that when you can get the redzone channel for around $5/month extra through the cable company.
Depends on what cable company you got. Otherwise you're just stuck with 3-4 games weekly.

Having said that, I wouldn't shell out that much money for the PS3 and the Sunday Ticket. and I'm a Redskins fan who lives in NYC.

Dec 9, 2004
West Chester
I think it depends on whether you are more a fan of your "home" team or your fantasy football team. I live in Buffalo and am a lifelong Broncos fan, and neither team has given me anything to get excited about in over a decade, so $340 to avoid Joe Buck, root on Arian Foster, and watch some decent Football is a bargain to me.
Colts fan that lives in PA.

That's ridiculous. 80-90% of the games each week STINK. Why would anyone pay that when you can get the redzone channel for around $5/month extra through the cable company.
Yeah, I get Redzone for free so that will have to do.

ginaf20697

Jul 26, 2005
NH
Red Zone is the greatest thing to happen to TV since Tivo <3

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
It was me and you misread it. The package is $340 which is what it cost on Directv or ps3. If you already have the package on Directv but want it on your ps3 as well you need to pay another $50.

Not such a bad price when you split it with 4 other people. Receivers work in any home that has a dish