• OMG!!! GDPR!! GDPR!!! GDP f***ing R!!!!!!!!!!!111111one!

Bla, Bla, Bla, updated privacy policy, because "we care about you! "

ಠ_ಠ

If you even give a shit, our privacy policy is here.

Pro-tip: If you have a reasonable, and transparent policy from Day 1, then you don't have to run around like an asshole!

Nick Cannon Quits Radio Show over Health Concerns

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA

People
Health issues have caused Nick Cannon to step down from his New York City radio show Rollin' with Nick Cannon on 92.3 NOW, he has announced.

"Under doctor's orders, I have been asked to put my health first and cut back on some of my professional commitments in order to allow my body to get the rest that it needs to keep up with the demands of my multi-tasking schedule," Cannon, 31, said in a statement Friday.

"Even Superman has to sleep."

Earlier this week, Cannon revealed on his show that he was hospitalized over the weekend for two blood clots found in his lungs. Doctors also discovered that a ventricle in his heart was enlarged, according to The Washington Post.

Cannon – who with wife Mariah Carey is father to 9-month-old twins Moroccan and Monroe – has had a series of recent health problems. In January, he was hospitalized for kidney failure.

After he was released and back at work, Cannon said, "I did have some major issues with my kidneys, along with some other stuff. But really I had just overworked my body. The doctors had to reboot my entire immune system, and I'm working through that now."

Cannon says he'll continue with his syndicated radio show, Cannon's Countdown.
Nick Cannon's website

twitter.com/nickcannon

News articles:

ughh

Nov 14, 2010
Apparently having working kidneys was sort of important I guess. Oh well, going to be a sad jocktober this year.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
It's all Mariah's fault. I'm sure she was bitching up a storm over his shitty early morning hours. She wants the poopie diaper changer to stay home.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
Yup gotta lay off that hard work when you got your health to think about. Can't imagine anyone who is sick being able to sit in a comfy chair and talk.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
David Hinckley had an article last week speculating about 92.3 dropping the Top 40 format and simulcasting WFAN in the wake of 92.3 losing their PD. This reeks of Cannon getting out on his own rather than looking like he lost his gig in the crossfire of the format switch.

Program director Dom Theodore has left WXRK (92.3 FM), a move that, through an odd chain of circumstances, has retriggered speculation about whether New York could end up with a sports-talk FM station.

Parent CBS isn’t fueling any of that speculation, at least for now.

“Dom is leaving the company,” said spokeswoman Karen Mateo. “We are actively looking for his replacement. No other changes.”

CBS switched WXRK to a top-40 format in March 2009, challenging longtime top-40 leader WHTZ (100.3 FM) for the Katy Perry and LMFAO crowd.

92.3 Now, as the new station is tagged, has carved out a successful niche, staying in the top 10 with its target audience of 18- to 34-year-olds. It has remained well behind Z100, however, and hasn’t made a big dent in Z100’s audience.

That has led to speculation CBS might simulcast all-sports WFAN (660 AM) on the 92.3 FM frequency — for two reasons.

First, the young males who form the core of sports radio listeners have grown up in an FM world and prefer it to AM.

Second, WFAN’s rival WEPN (1050 AM, ESPN Radio) is salivating to move to FM as soon as ESPN can buy a New York signal.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
David Hinckley had an article last week speculating about 92.3 dropping the Top 40 format and simulcasting WFAN in the wake of 92.3 losing their PD. This reeks of Cannon getting out on his own rather than looking like he lost his gig in the crossfire of the format switch.
Very good possibility. Down here in Philly we now have 2 FM sports channels.
That's becoming a big thing in larger cities. Still seems like an odd cover story
for bailing though if that's the case. I prefer the Aids angle.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
I wonder if this is really him leaving over health or his contract is up.

I'm willing to bet there is a clause in his contract, that lets him out for medical reasons and might even include a huge pay out, and its not like its hard to find a doctor who will say you're medically unable to work

Top Bottom