Nigersaurus Had Mouth Like A Vacuum Cleaner

Stalker2

Jun 7, 2001
TRueWDTer
http://fe38.news.sp1.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071115/ap_on_re_us/dino_vacuum

Dinosaur had mouth like a vacuum cleaner
By RANDOLPH E. SCHMID, AP Science Writer Thu Nov 15, 12:40 PM ET

WASHINGTON - Perhaps it was one of those eureka moments, when the scientists realized they had discovered a new dinosaur with mouth parts designed to vacuum up food.

The 110 million-year-old plant eater, discovered in the Sahara Desert, was to be unveiled Thursday by the National Geographic Society.
Discoverer Paul Sereno named the elephant-sized animal Nigersaurus taqueti, an acknowledgment of the African country Niger and a French paleontologist, Philippe Taquet.
Sereno, a National Geographic explorer-in-residence and paleontologist at the University of Chicago, said the first evidence of Nigersaurus was found in the 1990s and now researchers have been able to reconstruct its skull and skeleton.
While Nigersaurus' mouth is shaped like the wide intake slot of a vacuum, it has something lacking in most cleaners — hundreds of tiny, sharp teeth to grind up its food.
The 30-foot-long Nigersaurus had a feather-light skull held close to the ground to graze like an ancient cow. Sereno described it as a younger cousin of the North American dinosaur Diplodicus.
Its broad muzzle contained more than 50 columns of teeth lined up tightly along the front edge of tis jaw. Behind each tooth more were lined up as replacements when one broke off.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Nigersaurus huh? I wonder how big them lips were. I wonder if he ever got accussed of niger lipping the plants by the other dinosaurs.

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Jul 16, 2005
Texas
I didn't know that they served fried chicken and watermelon on Pangaea.

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
I wonder how many baby dinosaurs the female Nigersauruses had from how many different male Nigersauruses.

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
How do you stop a Nigersaurus from jumping in the jungle ?

Put Velcro on the canopy.

Arc Lite

As big as your Imagination...
Apr 25, 2005
SW Missouri
Joking aside, it's actually pretty cool if your into dinosaurs and shit. Nation Geographic has some good stuff on it.

Linkasaurus

livebackwards

Proud Patron of Ted's Conglomerated Gasmaskery
Jan 29, 2006
Houston, TX
Archeologist Dr. Ramon Frunchess pointed out that the Nigersaurus' droppings were extremely saturated with nutrients, which causes the soil around any Nigersaurus remains to become unusually rich.

"Now we have a new way to discover where more Nigersuari might be buried," said Dr. Frunchess; "we simply have to keep testing until we find soil that's not just rich... but Niger rich."

/long way to go
/for not much

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I wonder how many baby dinosaurs the female Nigersauruses had from how many different male Nigersauruses.
Do you think caveman Maury had a show featuring the female Nigersauruses asking the male Nigersauruses 'are you my baby daddy?'

[car crash sound] it sounded better in my head [/car crash sound]

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
Who wants to search all the stories relating to this dinosaur to find the one I'm sure is out there where they accidentally drop the extra G in there.

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Mar 3, 2005
California
The Raccoon finally has a dinosaur counterpart. Now all we need is a Porch Monkey fish.

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
COMEDY PYRAMID!!

How long does it take a Nigersaurus to take a shit?

What does a young Nigersaurus get for Christmas?

What do you say to a Nigersaurus in a suit?

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Mar 3, 2005
California
The nigersaurus is a better eater to begin with because he has been bred to be that way. This goes all the way back to the Cretaceous Period when the dinosaur owner would breed his big nigersaurus to his big woman nigersaurus so that he could have a big nigersaurus kid. See?