Nintendo Japan Fall 2007 Conference Summary

Nintendo just wrapped up a retailer's press conference in Japan and announced many a good thing for both Wii and DS, which is surprising after their last few conferences have been casual game love fests. These are the announcements for Japan but most of them carry over to the US as well. Here's everything that was announced:

-Fire Emblem DS (omgomgomg)
-DS Demo Channel for Wii finally coming
-Wii Ware launches in March 2008 (in Japan)
-Dr. Mario, Super Star Soldier R, Pokemon Ranch and a new Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles coming for Wii Ware
-FF:CC WiiWare is *not* Crystal Bearers (a previously shown Wii FF:CC game), will feature online co-op play and will cost 1500 Wii Points
-Monster Hunter 3 for Wii (this effectively ends any amount of fight Sony still had left in Japan)
-A new Super Mario Baseball for Wii
-Sonic confirmed for Smash Bros Brawl (I hate Sonic but this makes tons of people happy)
-Brawl will have "some sort" of online co-op play in addition to it's already announced online Vs. mode
-Brawl is delayed until January in Japan, which may or may not mean a delay here
-Mario Kart Wii will have motorcycles
-WiiFit will launch in Japan on Dec. 1 for 8800 yen (about 80 bucks)

I find it odd that they did not announce a hard drive or hard drive support after announcing all of that Wii Ware stuff...there is still hope though. The US conference is coming later this week and maybe more will be announced. This is pretty good for anyone with a Wii or DS though.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Nintendo just wrapped up a retailer's press conference in Japan and announced many a good thing for both Wii and DS, which is surprising after their last few conferences have been casual game love fests. These are the announcements for Japan but most of them carry over to the US as well. Here's everything that was announced:

-Fire Emblem DS (omgomgomg)
-DS Demo Channel for Wii finally coming
-Wii Ware launches in March 2008 (in Japan)
-Dr. Mario, Super Star Soldier R, Pokemon Ranch and a new Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles coming for Wii Ware
-FF:CC WiiWare is *not* Crystal Bearers (a previously shown Wii FF:CC game), will feature online co-op play and will cost 1500 Wii Points
-Monster Hunter 3 for Wii (this effectively ends any amount of fight Sony still had left in Japan)
-A new Super Mario Baseball for Wii
-Sonic confirmed for Smash Bros Brawl (I hate Sonic but this makes tons of people happy)
-Brawl will have "some sort" of online co-op play in addition to it's already announced online Vs. mode
-Brawl is delayed until January in Japan, which may or may not mean a delay here
-Mario Kart Wii will have motorcycles
-WiiFit will launch in Japan on Dec. 1 for 8800 yen (about 80 bucks)

I find it odd that they did not announce a hard drive or hard drive support after announcing all of that Wii Ware stuff...there is still hope though. The US conference is coming later this week and maybe more will be announced. This is pretty good for anyone with a Wii or DS though.
dr. mario, mario baseball, mario kart..... fuck yea!!!

Kak did you see the japanese wii baseball game thats out (i think its out) ?
Got great reviews on IGN, looks really solid, kiddy but solid

MLB Power Pros? Yeah I hear it's good but the Wii version has no online play so I'm not going to bother with it. Gonna check out the DS version at some point though.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
MLB Power Pros? Yeah I hear it's good but the Wii version has no online play so I'm not going to bother with it. Gonna check out the DS version at some point though.
thats the one... yea I was just surprised to see a wii game get a rating over a 6.5 on ign. They are pretty fair but it seems like the wii is putting out 95% garbage and 5% amazing games. I havent played all of them so I can't say but IGN has always been a good reference point for me.

lots of low scores :(

on a positive note, i cannot wait for WORMS Wii

The Brawl release date on the official website has been changed from Dec. 3rd to TBD :( And as much as I hate Sonic, the trailer they have for him on the site is pretty cool.

ZeoVGM

I am awesome. You are not.
Monster Hunter 3 for Wii. :O

That's a HUGE blow against PS3 in Japan.

Monster Hunter 3 for Wii. :O

That's a HUGE blow against PS3 in Japan.
I'm currently enjoying the thousands of meltdowns taking place on various message boards.

I'm only doing it because I'm waiting for Episode 2 to finish decrypting though, honest :action-sm

ZeoVGM

I am awesome. You are not.
I have a feeling you browse NeoGAF.