Nintendo Switch (NX) Launching In 2017 To Ensure Large Games Lineup

NotSoFast

Over what? The bending tablets doesn't seem to be a widespread issue. Oh wait. Everyone freaks out when one thing is posted on the internet because people are useless lemmings.
And the joycons losing sync...and the dock scratching the screen...and the faulty kickstands...and dead pixels in the brand new screens. Yeah. Keep telling yourself that it's just an isolated incident.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
And the joycons losing sync...and the dock scratching the screen...and the faulty kickstands...and dead pixels in the brand new screens. Yeah. Keep telling yourself that it's just an isolated incident.
I will. The issues aside from the dock scratching the screen seem to be not as bad as the internet makes out. For fucks sake, are you new to the internet?

KRSOne

Will there be a switch mini?

http://www.pcmag.com/news/353093/nintendo-mini-switch-expected-2019

Analysts at Citigroup Inc. believe the existing Switch hardware is simply too big to be a comfortable portable gaming platform for all people. In particular, they see it as being a bad fit for children due to both its size and weight. With that in mind, Citigroup believes Nintendo will release a smaller version of the Switch "in the fiscal year through March 2019."
It would not be a hybrid it would be a portable system with non removable controllers.

I wouldn't be surprised if they release a smaller version as technology gets smaller, Sony does it, MS does it, but a dedicated portable instead of a hybrid? I don't think so.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.

ChimneyFish

Believe it or not, it's just meeee
So, a family member has one and he has two kids. None of these problems. Are the people reporting this stuff actual retards and chimpanzees?

I just would like to know if I can play the other Zelda series(Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD) on this gadget, or no?

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
So, a family member has one and he has two kids. None of these problems. Are the people reporting this stuff actual retards and chimpanzees?

I just would like to know if I can play the other Zelda series(Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD) on this gadget, or no?
There are so many people on the internet that are either like being attention whores and/or mud-racking heroes. Gotta get those clicks/likes.

ChimneyFish

Believe it or not, it's just meeee
There are so many people on the internet that are either like being attention whores and/or mud-racking heroes. Gotta get those clicks/likes.
The nice guy never gets the clicks.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
:haha7::haha7::haha7::haha7::haha7:

Nintendo Switch Paid Online Service Delayed to 2018

Some changes are coming to Nintendo's new online service.
By Jose Otero

Nintendo has delayed the launch of its paid online service for Switch to 2018, and the company provided the first new details regarding the new service since it was first unveiled back in January.

In a post on the company's website, Nintendo outlined the details. The service will cost $3.99 USD for a one-month membership, $7.99 USD for a 3-month membership, or 12-months for $19.99 USD. The service includes access to a compilation of Classic Game Selections with added online play, including games like Super Mario Bros. 3, Balloon Fight and Dr. Mario, but the company did not specify if it would be limited to NES games.

The new pricing structure for Nintendo's online service for Switch.

The service still uses a smartphone chat app for voice communications that will allow users to set appointments for gaming sessions. The free version of the app is still on track for Summer 2017. Nintendo also said subscribers would have access to special eShop deals including discounts on select digital games and content.

Nintendo clarified that the current online service will remain free until 2018. After the free-trial period, the company said most games will require a paid online service subscription in order to play online.

The service still uses a smartphone chat app for voice communications that will allow users to set appointments for gaming sessions.
:haha7::haha7::haha7:

KRSOne

Switch dropped from a drone.

It survives but the left controller broke.

KRSOne

:haha7::haha7::haha7::haha7::haha7:

The service still uses a smartphone chat app for voice communications that will allow users to set appointments for gaming sessions. The free version of the app is still on track for Summer 2017. Nintendo also said subscribers would have access to special eShop deals including discounts on select digital games and content.

:haha7::haha7::haha7:

That looks very messy. From that picture it looks like you need an adapter to plug your phone and the switch into and then you plug the headset into the adapter. Don't try to be fancy with the smart phone craze.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Bought a $299 gray from amazon today. It only took them eight months to produce enough to foil the scalpers.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Are these still hard to buy? They’ve been in stock in target across the street from me for weeks.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Are these still hard to buy? They’ve been in stock in target across the street from me for weeks.
Super Mario Odyssey comes out on the 27th.

LA Noire on 11/14

Skyrim on 11/17

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on 12/1

Nintendo is known not to stock well for the holidays. Those will be gone by then.

doomvulture

Lord of Jailbait
Super Mario Odyssey comes out on the 27th.

LA Noire on 11/14

Skyrim on 11/17

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on 12/1

Nintendo is known not to stock well for the holidays. Those will be gone by then.
buy the digital version, who buys the physical version of shit these days?

Floyd1977

For any handheld nintendo system its a good idea to buy the physical copies. They have a crazy good resell rate on ebay and such.
Exactly. At least with a physical copy you have something you can resell at GameStop or eBay. If they made the digital version of the game cheaper than the disc/cart, it might be more enticing, but for the same price, I'd rather own something physical.

Why should a digital copy cost the same as a physical copy. A digital copy doesn't have to be manufactured, it doesn't need a plastic case and it doesn't need to be shipped.

Last edited:

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
Exactly. At least with a physical copy you have something you can resell at GameStop or eBay. If they made the digital version of the game cheaper than the disc/cart, it might be more enticing, but for the same price, I'd rather own something physical.

Why should a digital copy cost the same as a physical copy. A digital copy doesn't have to be manufactured, it doesn't need a plastic case and it doesn't need to be shipped.
Because that will hurt sales of physical copies a lot. Which would result in many lost jobs.

Floyd1977

Because that will hurt sales of physical copies a lot. Which would result in many lost jobs.
But why is that Nintendo, or whoever's concern? I have to imagine that all these game companies eventual goal is to go all digital.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
But why is that Nintendo, or whoever's concern? I have to imagine that all these game companies eventual goal is to go all digital.
If GameStop goes out of business due to no more physical copies, they lose an outlet to advertise.

KRSOne

I finally got the Switch for Mario Odyssey, great game.

The only upside of digital is convenience. It also costs more to go digital for the Switch. The bare minimum of SD card is 128gb which may fit 4 to 5 games, 256gb card would be ideal and that will cost you around $150. Its cheaper for systems like the ps4 where you can get 2tb drives for $60.

Blu ray movies come with digital codes so you can have both. That would be great if we saw the same with games. But that won't happen if the game companies want to go all digital to kill the used games market. They clearly want all digital, the Mario Switch bundle comes with a code instead of a game card.

Last edited:

Floyd1977

The only upside of digital is convenience. It also costs more to go digital for the Switch. The bare minimum of SD card is 128gb which may fit 4 to 5 games, 256gb card would be ideal and that will cost you around $150. Its cheaper for systems like the ps4 where you can get 2tb drives for $60.

Blu ray movies come with digital codes so you can have both. That would be great if we saw the same with games. But that won't happen if the game companies want to go all digital to kill the used games market. They clearly want all digital, the Mario Switch bundle comes with a code instead of a game card.
I want to play Mario Odessey, but I'm reluctant to get the Switch after the WiiU was essentially worthless. Even the original Wii was, aside from a very few games, essentially garbage once the intital novelty wore off.

NotSoFast

Do you have to use a special Nintendo SD card? If not, that price for a 256gb sounds high. Amazon has them for we'll under $100.

KRSOne

Do you have to use a special Nintendo SD card? If not, that price for a 256gb sounds high. Amazon has them for we'll under $100.
The good brands I saw on amazon were 130-150.

NotSoFast

The good brands I saw on amazon were 130-150.
Most are, but some deals can be found. One had over 4000 reviews and had a 4.5 star average for $75.

Still very high in comparison to usb3.0 drives, though.

KRSOne

I want to play Mario Odessey, but I'm reluctant to get the Switch after the WiiU was essentially worthless. Even the original Wii was, aside from a very few games, essentially garbage once the intital novelty wore off.
The WiiU had a lot of great games. I did not care for the system because of the required controller for the system to work. It would be smart for them to bring those Wiiu games to the switch since a lot of people did not play those games. They would have to change them since a few require use of the dumb controller screen.

I didn't think I would care that much for the portable aspect but now you see rockstar planning on putting games on the Switch. It would be great to have AAA games that are portable.