Nintendo Switch (NX) Launching In 2017 To Ensure Large Games Lineup

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010

This is actually a great idea.

Sep 20, 2016
Hell
So I gave in and bought one of these this past weekend. Have only played Zelda so far but I can honestly say it might be in my top 10 favorite games of all time list. It's legitimately that good.

The joycons take some getting used to but there's something pretty cool about them. They fit right into the palm of your hand and battery life blows the dualshock right out of the water.

Built in storage space is pretty bad. Only around 25gb. Immediate upgrade is a must unless you plan to only buy physical copies of the games.

Online is free until September but the price is only going up to $20 per year.

Pretty promising system so far!

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Still a no on it. Felt burned over the last few Nintendo systems due to lack of games. The games there have been were decent enough. If I'm going to drop $500-$600 on a new system, I want enough games that are A+ to rival the Snes or the PS1. Not the N64 or Gamecube.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Sega Saturn and Dreamcast games may be coming to the switch. I would love this, I wish Nintendo would release their classic games to the switch like they said they would but I think they haven't yet because they don't want to hurt the huge success of independent game sales.

Sega Producer Wants Saturn And Dreamcast Classics On Nintendo Switch

I doubt few will disagree when I say the world needs Phantasy Star Online for Nintendo Switch, and the likelihood of that dream becoming reality has never been higher. Why? Multiple hints and even an official source point to Sega expanding its recently announced Sega Ages collection to include Saturn and Dreamcast games.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Nintendo Switch Open Beta for Blaze Blue Tag Battle available tonight at 1 AM EDT / 22 PM PDT.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
Apr 14, 2004
Just outside NYC
I just got one of these and have been playing Zelda. Why can't we DL past games like the Metroid series?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I just got one of these and have been playing Zelda. Why can't we DL past games like the Metroid series?
Because Nintendo enjoys fucking gamers in the ass.

If you want old games, you buy their online service, play the games they say you can play and like it.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
Apr 14, 2004
Just outside NYC
It's strange to me that Nintendo is still even a thing. Talk about a long extracted death.
The Switch is actually bringing them back to life. They always dominated portables but After the catastrophe of the WiiU they have a pulse again.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
Because Nintendo enjoys fucking gamers in the ass.

If you want old games, you buy their online service, play the games they say you can play and like it.
This is like Nanking all over again

Floyd1977

Nov 1, 2004
The Switch is actually bringing them back to life. They always dominated portables but After the catastrophe of the WiiU they have a pulse again.
I was hoping the Switch would fail in the hopes that Nintendo would abandon the console business and just make games for the PS and XBOX.

Incidentally the wife got me a switch for my birthday (I didn't know what the hell else I wanted). I guess the design is kind of neat. I just hope they make good games for it other than a Mario, Zelda or Metroid title every 4 years or so.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I was hoping the Switch would fail in the hopes that Nintendo would abandon the console business and just make games for the PS and XBOX.

Incidentally the wife got me a switch for my birthday (I didn't know what the hell else I wanted). I guess the design is kind of neat. I just hope they make good games for it other than a Mario, Zelda or Metroid title every 4 years or so.
Good luck with that.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale

There are so many good indie games in the nintendo store' or as they call them, 'Nindies'. One I really liked was mummy demastered it reminded me of contra. It sounds like there will not be a virtual console and that is disappointing. It is nice that they are bringing over a lot of the Wiiu games that most people didn't get to play.

They have a huge classic library from nes to n64 I don't get why they don't just put them all up for sale on a virtual console. Is there some kind of dumb legal reason?

I would love a mario golf game. The last one I remember was on the n64 and it was great. I think they had a 3ds version but I never got a 3ds.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
There is an easy hardware hack of the switch so you will be able to run linux eventually and a home brewed virtual console but Nintendo already started banning people from their online service if you have a hackd switch. If they would just give customers what they want there would be no need for hacking... unless you are cheap and want free stuff.

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
May 4, 2005
Long Island NY
I would suggest playing Golf Story for relaxation and Celeste if you want a 50/50 chance of throwing your Switch against the wall.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
I would suggest playing Golf Story for relaxation and Celeste if you want a 50/50 chance of throwing your Switch against the wall.
Agree, I like Celeste. Golf story looks interesting.

Steamworld Dig 2 is another really good one. I also liked Neon Chrome.

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
I got a switch and i'm having trouble with it's wifi connectivity.

When it's docked it can't connect to wifi but when it's in handheld mode it connects to wifi.

Anybody else having this problem?