Nirvana Unplugged on DVD

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
I picked it up for $12 and it's so great to have a fantastic show on DVD after all these years.

Amazon.com Link

The nice thing is it's not just the MTV edit slapped onto a DVD, they have the unedited taping where they play all 14 songs that were played that night. Banter in between songs, a false start on All Apologies and some footage of the rehearsals.

If you're a die hard fan, you're going to love when they kiddingly ask "for requests": you get to hear a few seconds of what In Bloom and Sliver would have sounded like acoustically.

But don't be fooled by the sticker that says, two new songs never aired on MTV. It said the same thing on the CD 12 years ago. So if you've have the CD, you've heard all the songs played (sadly. I wish there was more).

Mort

How Many Assholes We Got On This Ship, Anyhow?
Feb 15, 2006
Seattle, WA
It was like a religious experience seeing it on DVD. Truly a great performance by great artists.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
Hrm...it's not on netflix. Looks like I might actually have to buy it.

They shoulda released a 2 disc set of this and the Alice In Chains Unplugged.

J D

Staten Island Sucks
Jun 18, 2000
Staten Island
I'm definitely getting this ASAP. I still have an old VHS tape of the uncut performance that I bought like eight years ago for 20 dollars. This was always my favorite live performance by Nirvana.

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
I <3 Amazon.com. My order was supposed to ship from the warehouse today, it arrived at my house today. :D

I'm only up to Dumb, but the goosebumps have not left my body from watching this for the first time in 13 years.

EDIT: I just had a serious LOL moment on the DVD. Wait for the "Freebird" comment. :haha7:

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
putit on my x-mas list but i don't know if i can wait that long

demonseed

Lingering since 1999
Oct 4, 2004
Morris Plains, New Jersey
Cant wait to get mine..

There version of "Where did you sleep last night" was great, and when he screams "i will shiver the whole night through" at the end, I get goosebumps every time I hear it

J D

Staten Island Sucks
Jun 18, 2000
Staten Island
Cant wait to get mine..

There version of "Where did you sleep last night" was great, and when he screams "i will shiver the whole night through" at the end, I get goosebumps every time I hear it
especially when you see his eyes in the little pause b/w "the whole" and "night through"

WonkaVision

To my Friends!!! To My Friends!!!
Sep 5, 2005
HOUSTON
especially when you see his eyes in the little pause b/w "the whole" and "night through"
Thats the moment I always remember...it looks like his eyes are gently floating in an ocean of Heroin.

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house
can a mod merge this old one http://wackbag.com/showthread.php?t=78970
please and thank you
:)

----
Cant wait to get mine..

Thats the moment I always remember...it looks like his eyes are gently floating in an ocean of Heroin.
i can hear that line (pause and all) in my head ... that is one of the most memorable parts of the whole show.

hahaha nice... heroin ocean, nice.

amazing... that was a great time for music as a whole.

damnnit i didnt want it to end!

----

edit ~ btw, i just got done watching the uncut show... wow, i love it. its not like a big revelation or anything, but its so cool to get it all straight through.

seeing him interact with everyone and just be alive (on film all be it) is just so satisfying

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
A still picture does it no justice, but here's a screen cap I just took