Nixon's Darkest Secrets: Wife beater, lush, closeted homo

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Always wondered how he got the nickname "Tricky Dick." :icon_cool

‘Nixon’s Darkest Secrets’: New biography digs up rumors of Richard Nixon’s gay affair with Mafia banker

Former White House reporter Don Fulsom’s book says 37th President was a drunk and a wife beater

BY PHILIP CAULFIELD
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Wednesday, December 28 2011, 4:13 PM

John Rous/AP
President Richard Nixon and his pal Bebe Rebozo in Key Biscayne, Fla., in 1969.

A new book by an ex-White House reporter claims that President Richard Nixon was a mobbed-up drunk who beat the First Lady and may have had a decades-long gay affair with a shady Miami-area businessman.

In the shocking new biography "Nixon's Darkest Secrets: The Inside Story of America's Most Troubled President," former United Press International Washington bureau chief Don Fulsom writes that Tricky Dick had mob ties for more than 20 years before he was elected in 1968 and lusted after his best pal, dashing Cuban-American playboy Charles (Bebe) Rebozo.

Nixon and Rebozo, who the feds believe laundered money for mob kingpins in Florida and Cuba, swam, sunbathed and dined together during guys-only vacations in exclusive Key Biscayne, Fla., and were once spotted holding hands under the table during a dinner with K Street power brokers, according to a report on the book in the Daily Mail.

Another Washington reporter told Fulsom that he once spotted a boozy Nixon nuzzling Rebozo "the way you'd cuddle your senior prom date."

The pair's friendship was no secret to Washington insiders, and the book claims that there were whispers that the two were more than just pals up until Nixon's death in 1994. (Rebozo was by his side. He died four years later.)

White House aides at the time said Rebozo was nothing more than "the guy who mixed the martinis" and showed the notoriously stuffy Nixon how to hobnob, the Mail said.

The new book also charges that Nixon guzzled bathtubs of booze — earning the name "Our Drunk" from his own staff — and abused First Lady Pat Nixon.

Fulsom writes that an aide had to coach Nixon on how to kiss Mrs. Nixon so that they'd come across as a loving couple, the Mail said.

But behind closed doors, Nixon called his wife a “fucking bitch” and often beat her before, during and after his presidency, the book claims.

Macmillan, the book's publisher, said that "Nixon's Darkest Secrets" is based on Fulsom's reporting during the Nixon administration, along with interviews with members of Congress, former White House staffers and others from the 37th President's inner circle.

He also covered the Johnson, Ford, Reagan and Clinton presidencies and teaches a course on the Watergate scandal at American University.

The Nixon Foundation has not commented on the book.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...r-mafia-banker-article-1.997960#ixzz1i8bAYGWN

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I've read rumors about him and Bebe before. I still find Nixon to be my most fascinating President.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Why did Nixon see Deep Throat 5 times?

He just couldn't seem to get it down pat.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Nixon a drunk and wife beater? No way, that's unpossible.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Nixon and Rebozo... were once spotted holding hands under the table during a dinner with K Street power brokers
That's questionable. I don't think someone trying to hide their gay affair would hold hands with their butt buddy during a business meeting.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
Nixon a drunk and wife beater? No way, that's unpossible.

I remember when the Oliver Stone movie came out and the drinking thing was in the movie - everybody who knew Nixon personally said it was complete bullshit

samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
May 16, 2007
Chicago

You'll never guess where this was last night.

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
Another Dead Republican supposedly a homo? WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO........................?

nikoloslvy

I wear my sunglasses at night...Anyone want fries?
Donator
May 5, 2003

Thread.

Aug 11, 2005
Holy shit , they're really going back to not blame Obama for this debt

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."-GHW Bush
Talk about a Freudian slip.

Fustercluck

Jul 25, 2005
FEMA Region 9
And for my next book... "scathing stories about dead people that can't be disproved." I'm expecting it to top the best seller list.

fulldevilsoccer

Jul 2, 2009
I read two books on Nixon and there are multiple accounts of Nixon "stalking" his wife when they were first dating. He was often drunk but a drunk like Jeltsin? I don't know.

Discoman

Donator
Feb 21, 2010
New York
You look at nearly any figure in history and there always seems to be homosexual allegations laid against them. Essentially people just when to get their names out there by making absurd claims. Like how the History channel has documentaries about how Hitler had Jewish blood and was secretly homosexual. Total bullshit.

Stig

Making America So Great You Won't Believe It.
Jul 26, 2005
NH
I'm pretty sure the last thing Nixon said as he got on that helicopter was "No Homo."

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Like how the History channel has documentaries about how Hitler had Jewish blood and was secretly homosexual. Total bullshit.
The allegations of homosexuality come from the fact that Ernst Röhm, the head of the SA and a close friend to Hitler during his rise to power, was gay as were many SA members. At least the allegations of homosexuality against Hitler, although they are bullshit, weren't pulled out of thin air.