NJ to Establish Anti-Obesity Agency, AKA the “Fat Police”

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Further proof that there isn't a single aspect of your personal existence the state won't try to meddle in:

TRENTON - New Jersey's health department is escalating the battle against the bulge by starting an Office of Nutrition and Fitness to better coordinate programs aimed at preventing obesity...

I was up there 2 days ago. You're right, they do meddle. I've been there plenty of times before but never driven myself. I was pissed that I couldn't even pump my own gas.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Momma, not just meddle in, but tax you so they can pay for said meddling.

Oh, and let's not forget that last year, when they changed the sales & use tax laws, they started taxing gym memberships. FUCK this state.

Its about time, I am tired of having fat people get in the way of my slender good looks.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Someday the people of NJ will wake up and make a change at election time. Until then, it's going to be the same-old, same-old.

Mommadeez4u

Someday the people of NJ will wake up and make a change at election time. Until then, it's going to be the same-old, same-old.
Respectfully, I think your theory is delusional. Power never decreases its stranglehold on ordinary citizens; the thought that government would purposefully decrease its size or ability to regulate simply because the other of the two parties is in control is naive at best.

Maybe someone here can point to a government agency, program, regulation, or department which dissolved itself after 'mission accomplished', or was abolished when the other of the two parties came into power, but I can't.

abudabit

New Wackbag
First they went after the fast food restaurants, and I said nothing.
Then they went after the dinners, and I said nothing.
Then they went after my buffet, and there was no one left to defend me.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Respectfully, I think your theory is delusional. Power never decreases its stranglehold on ordinary citizens; the thought that government would purposefully decrease its size or ability to regulate simply because the other of the two parties is in control is naive at best.

Maybe someone here can point to a government agency, program, regulation, or department which dissolved itself after 'mission accomplished', or was abolished when the other of the two parties came into power, but I can't.
Call me delusional or whatever the fuck you want if it makes you sleep better at night. What I was alluding to was that they vote the same people back in time after time. I wasn't really talking about political parties specifically. For example, they dug up old-ass Frank Lautenberg when they needed someone to run for Senate because of Toricelli's shenanigans.

At first I was suprised by the lack of any real outrage over the whole thing with Corzine and the seatbelt issue, considering how much of a big deal it's been in NJ for all of these years. But now, I really am not suprised given past history.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
If NJ as a whole was to stop voting for the incumbents & get someone new into every elected seat every election, those new people would see how corrupt their predecessors were, and keep doing things exactly the same.

I don't know how to change things. Corruption & bloat is so ingrained in this state that I think change is hopeless.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
New Jersey is right behind the Feds when it comes to big time corruption.... Just short of guns and takeover.... were fucked Sinn.....
If NJ as a whole was to stop voting for the incumbents & get someone new into every elected seat every election, those new people would see how corrupt their predecessors were, and keep doing things exactly the same.
QFT

The only person Jersey ever had good was Jim Florio and he was rebel roused right quick with his actual good use of funds....

Government is to big. But, I dont know what can be done at this point. Kinna too late.

Mommadeez4u

I don't know how to change things. Corruption & bloat is so ingrained in this state that I think change is hopeless.
Well, if your state's department of environmental protection is any indication, I wholeheartedly agree.:D

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
they love to hassle, last week end i watched them go from boat to boat searching them, fucking nazis

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Well, guess I'm never going to Jersey again.

ern

Hiding behind my keyboard
Yeah, its funny. I go back there from time to time to see family. PA is going that way too, now that fast eddie is large and in charge.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
u know this state is fucked when i get a ticket for riding a quad on the owners propertery because im looking at it to buy it....and it has a mandatory court appearance so that they can give me a $100 fine...

poopiebottoms

Sparkling Wiggles Lover
I was up there 2 days ago. You're right, they do meddle. I've been there plenty of times before but never driven myself. I was pissed that I couldn't even pump my own gas.
Fuck that...

When I'm back in Jersey, I always tell the savage to back the F off, I pump my own gas. He can wash my windshield while I wait.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
There are times I wish I could pump my own gas but the Hess station I frequent requires employees to scan a card in order to start the transaction.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Ah... attendant cards. They serve 3 purposes:

1) Prevent self-serve in the PRNJ
2) Prevent theft of fuel while the attendant is in the back taking a shit.
3) Allow more precise accountability. Attendant has to have the $$ to match what was pumped during his shift on the attendant card.

I stopped at a Shell station in Skillman yesterday on 206 for gas and they let me pump my own. They were busy. I got out, swiped my credit card, started the dispenser, and got back in. When it clicked off, I got out, hung up the nozzle, got my receipt and that was it.

commish13

Personal Friend of Chris Jericho
What's wrong with letting someone else pump your gas? I don't see a problem with it.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
What's wrong with letting someone else pump your gas? I don't see a problem with it.
There's no problem until Akmed Mohammad Jihad is too busy plotting the next terrorist attack to do his job (so I don't go to that station any longer, even though it's cheapest). Or the high school kids are just too lazy to move their asses. God bless Quick Check & their mostly American staff, but I don't have time to sit & wait until they decide who's pump I'm at. Hess is still among the cheapest (a few pennies different) but unfortunately they have the attendant card.

I've gone out of state & pumped my own gas. I think as long as you're using a credit/debit card (to minimize stealing) you should be allowed to pump your own.

Mommadeez4u

There's a HUGE difference between letting someone pump your gas and being forced to allow someone to pump your gas.