No Booze @ PNC

No Beers @ PNC?

Booze Banned Outside Arts Center After Underage Drinking Arrests

HOLMDEL, N.J. (AP) -- Authorities on Friday said they were banning alcohol in the parking lot of PNC Bank Arts Center following the arrests of more than 80 people Thursday night at an Ozzfest concert.

"The nature of the shows attract an extraordinary young audience and alcohol has been a problem throughout the season,'' said Joe Orlando, a spokesman for the Turnpike Authority, which owns the arts center.

"We've tried to deal with it by enforcing the law, and people have thumbed their nose at it,'' he said. "So we're taking the only action we can.''

More than 80 people were arrested at the Ozzfest concert before 9 p.m. Thursday. Most were charged with underage drinking, while others were deemed unruly in the mosh pit.

State Police also said there were two suspicious deaths there Thursday night, possibly involving drugs.

Concertgoers were charged with assault if they were flailing arms or legs in a way that would hurt others.

Authorities launched a crackdown on drinking after the season's first show in May because 13 young patrons had to be taken to hospitals with alcohol-related illnesses. The youngest was 11 years old.

More than 90 patrons were arrested at the O.A.R concert on Saturday and 54 people were arrest at the Incubus show last Friday.

http://www.1010wins.com/pages/822380...ntentId=809423

This doesn't sound very promising..

kevtv

Resident Music Nerd
FUCK!!! Of course it gets ruined...

WNBC reports: Two people are dead, 83 were arrested and drinking in the parking lot has been banned following an unruly Ozzfest concert at the PNC Bank Arts in Holmdel, New Jersey center on Thursday night (August 16), police said.

WNBC.com's Brian Thompson has learned that Raymond Guarino, 26, died Thursday night at Bayshore Hospital. Guarino, of Forked River, N.J., had to be resuscitated in the PNC Bark Arts center parking lot shortly after 3:15 p.m. on Thursday before being transported to the hospital.

New Jersey state troopers received information that Guarino had injested cocaine, marijuana and alcohol prior to the incident. Troopers searched the vehicle he arrived in and discovered small amounts of both drugs in the vehicle.

An autopsy will be performed to determine the cause and manner of death, and whether the presence of drugs is detected.

According to police, Patrick Norris, 24, of Coram, N.Y., passed out at the concert around 10 p.m. and was transported to Bayshore in cardiac arrest. He was declared dead in the hospital. Police said he had also injested cocaine, marijuana and alcohol before and during the show.

Drinking alcohol in the parking lot of the PNC Arts Center will be banned starting with Friday night's VELVET REVOLVER concert.

Read more at www.wnbc.com.

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
[nsfw]
[/nsfw]

Talk about a kick in the balls

I do have a solution....kinda

mr. sin

well come down to the nissan show 2morrow

wow drugs and beer at a concert, no way?

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
quoted for truth.

Vodka anyone??

(oh yeah.. mergemup)

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Where there's a will there's a way. Some suggestions: vodka & cranberry, rum & coke, vodka & sprite. Buy some soda/juice. Before you leave home, dump some out, pour in alcohol, replace cap, drive to PNC, enjoy.

Forgot my favorite: find a designated driver & arrive to PNC already hammered. DON'T DRIVE DRUNK.

A

assmaster

That sucks my ass. My first show im ever going to. FUCK

Cromwell

Forgot my favorite: find a designated driver
You rang? :icon_wink

DON'T DRIVE DRUNK.
Never a good idea.

HT speaks the truth here.

Those of you partaking simply need to be discreet.

I think the "authorities" just don't fell like "reviving" some a-hole who doesn't have a clue about how much "too much" is. :rolleyes:

A

assmaster

fuck... I like my beer. Rum & Coke it is.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
I did not know until I read this thread.

won't be the first time we drive somewhere with a hidden makeshift bar in the jeep...

Could we go to Cheesequake park instead? It would split the alks & non drinkers to some degree... may be a good idea.

Phil Packer

Throat Yogurt Dispenser
FUCK ME! this blows. had so much shit planned for the tailgate. this show is gonna be awful now

nolajersey

Miss Wackbag Cleavage 2006 & 2007
put it in cups. it will be fine. we are going to have a great time.

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
yes but my beer pong tourney has to be canceled unfortunately... :(

if anyone's putting together any alternate drinking sights.. pot em here if you like.

(I also can't beleive I used the word 'booze'.. I stink.)

Top Bottom