No Country For Old Men- Coen Brothers- 11/09

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
NCFOM is opening tomorrow in limited release. It's the new Coen Brothers movie with Tommy Lee Jones. I haven't seen much advertisement for it so I wanted to ring people's bells.

Jables2002

Breaking Down The 8th Wall
I'm so looking forward to this, but have to wait until the 21st for the open. friday. wide.

I love Cormac McCarthy and the Coen Brothers. So it's a win-win.

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
It's been getting some good TV ad time here in NYC. Looks like a solid flick, I'll be checking it out.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Saw it tonight and fuck. The first hour, hour and a half might be the most suspensed (word?) I've been in a long time. Javier Bardem is fucking insane.

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
I went to see this the other night and Josh Brolin and Javier Bardem were there doing a Q & A thing afterwards. The guy asking questions was SUCH A FUCKING DOUCHE. Brolin and Bardem are obviously funny dudes who get along and were trying to basically be like "we're actors; stop taking this so seriously." Javier talked about how he can't do an American accent very well, so they had to rework the script a little bit so he could pronounce the words. He really played a creep fucking well. Oh and he looks a lot better without that ridiculous hair style. He said it was actually Tommy Lee Jones' idea and he had to look like a douche for 3 months. The movie was REALLY fantastic. It's one of those movies where you forget you're even watching a movie because that's how into it you get. I hope this flick does well.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
I want to see this.

ratedRsuperstar

...when McCainia runs wild on you!!!!
this has intrigued me since i saw the first tv spot. i read an article about it in the latest entertainment weekly and those elitist douches gave it a "A-", which is very high coming from them.

to me it almost looks like what "a history of violence" was missing but more gooder. sadly, i'll have to wait for the dvd as i am unable to venture off to the theater

WonkaVision

To my Friends!!! To My Friends!!!
It finally got released in Houston Today..I am seeing it tonight. Can't fucking wait.

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
prolly going to watch this and Southland Tales back to back and the local drafthouse theatre

jrewing5

Eat Rotten Fruit from a Shitty Tree
Saw it last night...Great, great fucking movie...Javier Bardem Plays the best movie villian I've seen in years and the suspense is crazy awesome.
Ending left me a bit flat, but I got over it since the rest of the movie is so outstanding.

WonkaVision

To my Friends!!! To My Friends!!!
Loved the movie, but must say the last 1/2 hour kind of dragged on. They could have cut all the Tommy lee Jones Scenes at the end,

jagsfans

Saw it last night...Great, great fucking movie...Javier Bardem Plays the best movie villian I've seen in years and the suspense is crazy awesome.
Ending left me a bit flat, but I got over it since the rest of the movie is so outstanding.
I couldnt have said it better myself. I have been hearing praise for Javier Bardem's performance for months and it met every unrealistic expectation I had built up in my mind. I don't know how much of the quick "Coen Bros" dialogue was added to the movie since I have'nt read the book but that was supurb. I'm soooo glad the Coen Bros are back, but the ending felt like there was a missing reel from the movie.

dodisman

Have seen it twice...I thought it was a brilliant movie...will annoy some of the audience who want the typical Hollywood BS which this isn't...will definately get a bunch of Oscar nods...Tommy Lee Jones might be at his best in this film and Bardem's performance was excellent as well...hell even Woody Harrelson's small role was great...all in all great acting and beautifully shot

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
It's My Birthday!
Amazing film. The realism is beyond anything out there, IMO. Can't wait for the DVD.

mascan42

Anybody who's disappointed by the ending: I think you'd have gotten the hint when
Josh Brolin's character dies offscreen
that the movie wasn't about what you thought it was about.

jagsfans

Anybody who's disappointed by the ending: I think you'd have gotten the hint when
Josh Brolin's character dies offscreen
that the movie wasn't about what you thought it was about.
Well, please PM me and tell me what the movie was really about, because that really disappointed me.

...will annoy some of the audience who want the typical Hollywood BS which this isn't...
That was my favorite part, the ending in which you could hear about 80% of the theatre give the "What the Fuuuuck?... Where's the money!?"

I loved the movie though, Javier Bardem was really really good. And I love Woody Harrelson doing just about anything. Josh Brolin was really great as well.

I was amazed at how well that dog swam in the river scene. His little doggy legs were motoring.
I went to the bathroom while the whole first office building scene started. I didn't understand how Newradio's Jimmy James was connected. I guess he was in on the drugs? And Woody was a stock trader by day, cowboy hunter by night? Did they discuss this?

Sevenyars

I own a Beanie cup, bought it off of ebay
The movie was great. Me and my brother saw it. Now here is a dumb question.
Was Tommy Lee dead at the end. Those last two scenes with him were other worldly. Could he have been killed off screen in the motel room?

The movie was great. Me and my brother saw it. Now here is a dumb question.
Was Tommy Lee dead at the end. Those last two scenes with him were other worldly. Could he have been killed off screen in the motel room?
Hmmm.
I didn't think TLJ was killed off-screen.
I don't want to come off as retarded either, I'm not good at analyzing movies...
I didn't quite get where Sugar was at the motel. They showed him hiding behind something right, I just assumed that he was in the other room next to the one that TLJ went in.

Then I assumed that TLJ dream meant that Sugar would end up finding him eventually.

But what do I know

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
When I watched this after Southland Tales, now I've got two plots in my head with WTF thoughts.