No Homeless Shopping 2007: Is it Official?

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
To me this is the equivalent of canceling the World Series/Superbowl. This is the show I look forward to more than any other all year. What exactly is the issue? Is it CBS attorneys are too afraid to let it go through or is it simply the PD being a cock-blocking cunt?

Granted, the FM show would give them a wider audience but XM is still viable, no?

Before anyone starts their shit, this is NOT a criticism of the boys in any way, shape or form. I'm just disheartened that its not being done now. :(

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
Last I heard CBS wouldn't give them an afternoon slot or a weekend slot to do the show, but that's all I heard. Haven't heard today's show. Not sure why they wouldn't just take it to XM and play the hell out of clips for the FM side. Make those fuckers pay.

badcellphoneguy

Kansas City...Kansas City here they come!
Jul 18, 2005
Wantagh, LI
Dan Mason and Les Moonves are shitdicks. Give them afternoon drive for 1 fucking day! It a great charitable event and the listeners are involved with the show. Keep neutering the show you cunts! Nothing has ever happend during the Homeless Shopping Spree and the last one was fantastic!

Call CBS radio and tell them to put them on in afternoon drive!

XM all the way that's what I say!

Friday

Fezzing Out
May 1, 2007
elsewhere
Winter Carnival will not be complete without this festive event ... it must go on as planned!!

Save the Homeless Shopping Spreeeeeeee

I feel like I am in a claymation special!

OARADIOHOLE

Are you Local? This shop is for Local People!!
Aug 11, 2006
NYer Outside DC. I'm ova here now!
Why can't they just run a Best Of on a weekday morning, Do the Homeless shopping spree LIVE on XM...then play the cleaned up rebroadcast of the HSS the next day on CBS?? Why Not?

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
Why can't they just run a Best Of on a weekday morning, Do the Homeless shopping spree LIVE on XM...then play the cleaned up rebroadcast of the HSS the next day on CBS?? Why Not?
They haven't actually said "no" to an XM broadcast, thats part of the reason I posted it as a question. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. if they DO go through XM then it could potentially work out in our favor because we'd have an uncensored version :icon_razz

funnybonez

Registered abUser
Mar 22, 2005
Central Jerzee
Opie said around 8ish that they can't do homeless shopping spree (no explanation) and the egg nog contest might not happen cause they can't find a place where they allowed vomiting. Op hoping someone who owns an establishment will help out...

kimothee

Token Gimpy Cunt
Aug 31, 2004
The Edge of the Water, Norf Jersey
Still hoping for a HSS, and it seems like they could use the whole FM show to gather the homeless (since that takes forever) and get them on the bus. Show continues on XM to commence shopping. Cleaned up version on FM side the next day. Nice little promo for those who want to 'linger looonnnnggger' to grab their XMs and sign up for service.

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
I really don't get why K-Rock won't let them do an afternoon show. If they have an afternoon DJ by then, they can send him/her out to the mall, and he/she can be part of it. And why can't they do it on a Saturday like last year?

And do they HAVE TO do the egg nog contest in front of an audiance? Yeah, they want to, but do they HAVE TO do it like that? Just have it in the studio again, and do a "highlight show" show at like The Hard Rock/WWF NY or whereever.

PunchYourself187

I, The Operator
Apr 24, 2004
I'm disappointed that they aren't planning on doing one this year too. It's one of the more positive contests that any radio show does and I really don't think that it is being exploitative of the homeless.

I think the reason why it can't be done on the XM side is because of the nonsense with weekend replays. It might also be because the last time XM had anything to do with a homeless person, the Homeless Charlie situation occurred.

I still think we as the fans should push for them to do this on the XM side. It would be a better show anyhow.

Mr.Monster Rain

Good Til The Last Drop
Nov 16, 2004
Under a porch
Fuck FM...Do it uncensored on XM.. and who cares about timing out on the xm side... Won't Homeless Fez be a regular participant?? So it could be an extra long AFRO show with filler for the replays... LInger LONGER!!! ( May I suggest a homeless ESD this year)

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
Nov 22, 2004
Long Island
Opie said around 8ish that they can't do homeless shopping spree (no explanation) and the egg nog contest might not happen cause they can't find a place where they allowed vomiting. Op hoping someone who owns an establishment will help out...
FH Reilly's ? Too small though, but could def do it there. Holds atleast 100 with the tables removed.

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
Nov 22, 2004
Long Island
Also, Why do it on XM? They already have the subs. If they do it on CBS and get some ratings out of it they can bill more for advertisers.

You see, not much incentive to do it on XM. The audience is already there.

I also thought it should be done on XM.

Just a thought.

Mr.Monster Rain

Good Til The Last Drop
Nov 16, 2004
Under a porch
Whomever suggested do it on XM and clean it up for FM I couldn t agree more... plus it would be nice if they edited out boring segments and maybe did some after action commentary for the FM replay... I know I would listen to it again on FM if they did that, and then it could be polished radio gold for the advitisers and fm listeners